🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Climate Science Fails Again....

SSDD

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2012
Last September, there was a thread regarding the Farmer's Almanac and their prediction for the winter of 2013-2014. The warmers on the board thought that it was a real hoot that anyone would consider the prediction of the almanac when actual scientists were out there predicting seasonal weather.

Here are some quotes from the original thread:

konradv: Farmer's Almanac? Is that what the 3% is resorting to these days?!?!

SSDD: I think I will bookmark this conversation to remind you next summer how accurate the Farmer's Almanac was when contrasted to climate science.

Abraham3: Can I ask why ANYONE here is seriously discussing a Farmer's Almanac prediction?

Old Rocks: So back to my conversation with my dad over the accuracy of the Farmers’ Almanac, you have to understand it’s hard for one met to talk or be hard on anyone else. We have all been there before with someone being borderline rude while claiming we are never right. But I had to tell my dad that you can’t go by the almanac. Maybe it will snow during the New York City Super Bowl this year. Or maybe it won’t. At this time if someone says they know what the weather will be like 6 months from now, at best it is a guess. Let’s all just keep working on getting the next week right!

Abraham3: The Almanac's guesses at next seasons weather are totally worthless and I should hope everyone knows it.

So the winter is winding down now for some of us...how did the Farmer's Almanac do against NOAA who apparently makes its predictions based on the portents they see in animal entrails?

According to NOAA the animal entrails fortold above normal temperatures over most of the nation from November till January.

The farmers almanac, on the other hand predicted a bitterly cold and snowy winter. They said:
“For 2013–2014, we are forecasting a winter that will experience below average temperatures for about two-thirds of the nation. A large area of below-normal temperatures will predominate from roughly east of the Continental Divide to the Appalachians, north and east through New England. Coldest temperatures will be over the Northern Plains on east into the Great Lakes. Only for the Far West and the Southeast will there be a semblance of winter temperatures averaging close to normal, but only a few areas will enjoy many days where temperatures will average above normal.”

Further, the Southern Plains, Midwest and Southeast will have more precipitation than normal, the Almanac’s prognosticators said. This means a plethora of snow for the Midwest, Great Lakes and parts of New England. There will be mixes of rain and/or snow just south of that, in southern New England, southeastern New York, New Jersey and the Mid-Atlantic region, the statement said. Uncharacteristically, the Pacific Northwest may be drier than usual.

“Significant snowfalls are forecast for parts of every zone,” the Almanac said, predicting especially heavy winter weather during the first 10 days of February 2014—meaning that the Superbowl, scheduled to be played outdoors at the MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands in New Jersey, may be more of a “Storm Bowl,”

Just to add insult to injury, about 2 hours after the Super Bowl ended, it started snowing in New Jersey and within 10 or 12 hours the state declared a state of emergency.

So the entrail reading of NOAA is an epic fail and the Farmer's Almanac once again, nails it. So much for the power of climate model forecasting.

This winter has seen extreme heatwaves in South America and Australia.

Europe was unusually warm with little snow.

Last September, there was a thread regarding the Farmer's Almanac and their prediction for the winter of 2013-2014. The warmers on the board thought that it was a real hoot that anyone would consider the prediction of the almanac when actual scientists were out there predicting seasonal weather.

Here are some quotes from the original thread:

konradv: Farmer's Almanac? Is that what the 3% is resorting to these days?!?!

SSDD: I think I will bookmark this conversation to remind you next summer how accurate the Farmer's Almanac was when contrasted to climate science.

Abraham3: Can I ask why ANYONE here is seriously discussing a Farmer's Almanac prediction?

Old Rocks: So back to my conversation with my dad over the accuracy of the Farmers’ Almanac, you have to understand it’s hard for one met to talk or be hard on anyone else. We have all been there before with someone being borderline rude while claiming we are never right. But I had to tell my dad that you can’t go by the almanac. Maybe it will snow during the New York City Super Bowl this year. Or maybe it won’t. At this time if someone says they know what the weather will be like 6 months from now, at best it is a guess. Let’s all just keep working on getting the next week right!

Abraham3: The Almanac's guesses at next seasons weather are totally worthless and I should hope everyone knows it.

So the winter is winding down now for some of us...how did the Farmer's Almanac do against NOAA who apparently makes its predictions based on the portents they see in animal entrails?

According to NOAA the animal entrails fortold above normal temperatures over most of the nation from November till January.

The farmers almanac, on the other hand predicted a bitterly cold and snowy winter. They said:
“For 2013–2014, we are forecasting a winter that will experience below average temperatures for about two-thirds of the nation. A large area of below-normal temperatures will predominate from roughly east of the Continental Divide to the Appalachians, north and east through New England. Coldest temperatures will be over the Northern Plains on east into the Great Lakes. Only for the Far West and the Southeast will there be a semblance of winter temperatures averaging close to normal, but only a few areas will enjoy many days where temperatures will average above normal.”

Further, the Southern Plains, Midwest and Southeast will have more precipitation than normal, the Almanac’s prognosticators said. This means a plethora of snow for the Midwest, Great Lakes and parts of New England. There will be mixes of rain and/or snow just south of that, in southern New England, southeastern New York, New Jersey and the Mid-Atlantic region, the statement said. Uncharacteristically, the Pacific Northwest may be drier than usual.

“Significant snowfalls are forecast for parts of every zone,” the Almanac said, predicting especially heavy winter weather during the first 10 days of February 2014—meaning that the Superbowl, scheduled to be played outdoors at the MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands in New Jersey, may be more of a “Storm Bowl,”

Just to add insult to injury, about 2 hours after the Super Bowl ended, it started snowing in New Jersey and within 10 or 12 hours the state declared a state of emergency.

So the entrail reading of NOAA is an epic fail and the Farmer's Almanac once again, nails it. So much for the power of climate model forecasting.

Hmmmmmm......... First, I expressed doubt concerning the accuracy of their forecasts, based on past performance. However, that is not a quote from me. So, if you are going to show when I have been wrong, use my words, not those of someone else.

So SSDD and flac are now openly proud of relying on astrology and other superstitutions (that is, the Farmer's Almanac).

Way to go. There's nothing at all religious or cultlike about that. After all, all kinds of rational people rely on astrology, and think it predicts things correctly.

On the other hand, it does make more sense than denialist attempts at science, so maybe they should roll with the astrology.

Last edited:
So SSDD and flac are now openly proud of relying on astrology and other superstitutions (that is, the Farmer's Almanac).

Way to go. There's nothing at all religious or cultlike about that. After all, all kinds of rational people rely on astrology, and think it predicts things correctly.

On the other hand, it does make more sense than denialist attempts at science, so maybe they should roll with the astrology.

It only matters if people are caring.........and nobody is caring.

Climate Change Not a Top Worry in U.S.

Americans worry about climate change reached a new 14 year low this year.........hmmmmm.........looks like 6 months of freezing their balls off didn't leave them thinking, "Shit......better call my rep.......this fucking place is burning up!!!"

Last edited:

By now, it should be clear to all but the most severely intellectually challenged that modern climate pseudoscience is more closely related to astrology and cheating at cards than any true science.

By now, it should be clear to all but the most severely intellectually challenged that modern climate pseudoscience is more closely related to astrology and cheating at cards than any true science.

Indeed......akin to astrology and seems this hasn't been lost on the American public >>>

Evidently, most see it as astrology.......and I'm laughing.......

Indeed......akin to astrology and seems this hasn't been lost on the American public >>>

With all the data tampering, I would say that at present, climate science is more akin to cheating at cards and is less scientific than even astrology. At least astrology can admit when it is wrong.

With all the data tampering, I would say that at present, climate science is more akin to cheating at cards and is less scientific than even astrology. At least astrology can admit when it is wrong.

Like astrology, denialism has no supporting evidence with more power than pure chance.

As opposed to the ohh so scientific method used by the Government? Remind us again of the two which was right and which was wrong?

Are you actually arguing in favor of the methods of the Almanac over the scientific method? Do you hear yourself? Good grief.

Like astrology, denialism has no supporting evidence with more power than pure chance.

You are talking about climate science...not skepticism. Got any empirical evidence proving that a hundred ppm of a trace gas in the atmosphere can cause a change in the global climate? Actual measured evidence?? Of course you don't...therefore..no supporting evidence and as those who supposedly exonerated mann said of his work...no more precision than random numbers.

Funny how you guys adhere to goebbels....blame the opposition for the very thing you are guilty of.

I have nigh on two hundred years of good science supporting the Greenhouse Effect. How much support have you got that the Almanac does better than a pair of dice? Why don't you show us a working GCM that doesn't assume Greenhouse warming? Their must be dozens about. Surely if you replace Greenhouse warming with that S-L-O-W-L-Y increasing TSI it'll match observations? Right? Won't it? Doesn't it? Where are the graphs? Where's the data? Where's the FOOKING PROOF????

Last edited:
Are you actually arguing in favor of the methods of the Almanac over the scientific method? Do you hear yourself? Good grief.

How much predictive power did NOAA exhibit with all their models and that massive budget? How close was the prediction that climate science made with their huge budget and expensive models, and all the knowledge and settled science they have at their disposal? How good was the prediction when contrasted to the observation?

The almanac can boast an 80% rate of getting predictions of seasonal weather patterns right....NOAA can't even come close to that because they have it wrong from the first brick in the foundation. They are looking at the wrong thing. They are focused on CO2 when that isn't where they should be looking....CO2 has no impact on climate. They may as well be trying to predict moon phases based on the color of their carpet.

Forum List

Back