Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown

I'm informed that the "missing CO2" issue has been solved.

Apparently plant plankton is now absorbing more CO2 than it previously had....

More CO2 absorbed in the ocean would mean that those plant plankton which can take advantage of that extra CO2 might be thriving.
At least, until the increasing acidification of the oceans destroys them?

Make cyanobacteria while the Sun shines -- for tomorrow they die!

Numan, my personal opinion is that we still don't know nearly enough to predict outcomes, and I am growing increasingly convinced that chaos in complex systems might mean that predicting outcomes with any degree of accuracy might be impossible..

But like you I find reports of the acidification of the oceans extremely troubling.

Thanks, Editec, that was fascinating. Weird, but fascinating.

I liked this section:

In warm zones near the equator that are low on nutrients, the ratio of carbon to nitrogen to phosphorus measured was 195:28:1; in cold, high-latitude regions with plenty of nutrients, the ratio changed to 78:13:1. Redfield's ratio is 106:16:1 oceanwide.

"How much carbon is attached to each molecule of nitrogen or phosphorus just used to be [considered] a constant," said Francois Primeau, a co-author on the paper and an associate professor of Earth system science at UC Irvine.

Many models have predicted that a warming ocean will take up less carbon because higher temperatures lead to smaller phytoplankton, which take less carbon to the bottom of the ocean when they die. The amount of carbon these plankton take with them is typically calculated based on the Redfield ratio.

The Met says denialists have been lying their asses off about what the Met supposedly says.

Met Office in the Media: 29 January 2012 | Met Office News Blog

Hmm, who to trust?

Denialists, who lie more readily than normal humans breathe?

Or one the most respected scientific organizations on the planet.

Golly, tough call.

I want to respect the scientific organization. Honestly...On the other hand the warming for some reason has clearly not been as clear.

LOL, and your excuse for falsely claiming the west coast is to claim that the pacific ocean is now the west coast???? LOL

And again - if it is NOT the Pacific Ocean, which ocean is it?

LOL epic stupidity....

You claimed 12 were on the west coast. We assumed west coast meant exactly what it implied the west coast of continental USA..

I said only 7 were on the west coast.

You then said 11 were, and decided that Hawaii and basically the entire pacific ocean is the west coast....

Yep, you just can't write better comedy... :clap2: Bravo genius, bravo....

LOL, and your excuse for falsely claiming the west coast is to claim that the pacific ocean is now the west coast???? LOL

The west coast I'm assuming is Oregon,Washington, Califorina, which does in fact have its shortline with the pacific ocean. you're right.

I live on the Oregon coast, so yes it's the pacific I'm looking at.

Last edited:

The west coast I'm assuming is Oregon,Washing, Califorina, which does in fact have its shortline with the pacific ocean. you're right.

That wasn't his claim.. nice try though really.. he said "west coast" not the pacific ocean...

Do you often say west coast when you mean the entire pacific ocean while here in the USA, or is it only to save a sock?

Gslack -

Given the standard of debate on every thread you post on seems to immediately sink to something as thrilling as arguing about which ocean Hawaii is in, I think it's better to put you on Ignore Mode.

Gslack -

Given the standard of debate on every thread you post on seems to immediately sink to something as thrilling as arguing about which ocean Hawaii is in, I think it's better to put you on Ignore Mode.

Given the fact you follow numan, the admiral, and IanC, and your obsessive neg-repping of me, we can safely assume you are a sock..

And your false claim of my argument shows this..

Keep it up socko and eventually people will grow weary of it. Eventually the right people will take the initiative and notice your proxy/sock attacks, and your identical behavior and methods, and then we won't have to spank you like this anymore...

Please continue your crying and desperate trolling socko, it will speed the entire process along...

Skooks -

Perhaps if you had read the article before posting it?

"In the past years the fight was financed by US auto manufacturer Chrysler, and oil companies ExxonMobil and Chevron, and others. The story of the PR manager [Morano] is a story of a planned confusion. It is a didactic play on the art of lying. [...] Doubt is now spreading across the world from America.”

In Die Zeit’s view, there is no doubt that humans are causing the climate change, and that it will be catastrophic. The science and data are clear and the consensus is greater than ever. As far as Die Zeit is concerned, the scientific debate has long been over – a survey of 928 papers from 1993 to 2003 says so, they write. What’s left now is a struggle between the good warmists and the evil industry-paid deniers who are maliciously spreading doubt. There are no real skeptic climate scientists left. In the perception of Die Zeit, it’s now a struggle between David (honest climate scientists who are only doing their jobs) and Goliath (Morano leading an army of industry-funded PR mercenaries). Tragically, David is losing, Die Zeit frets.

German Die Zeit?s Twisted Perception: Doubt Being Fanned Worldwide By Climate Godfather Marc Morano

The fact that you had not, and could not, read the article does not explain why you lied about what it says.

Skooks -

"In the past years the fight was financed by US auto manufacturer Chrysler, and oil companies ExxonMobil and Chevron, and others. The story of the PR manager [Morano] is a story of a planned confusion. It is a didactic play on the art of lying. [...] Doubt is now spreading across the world from America.”

In Die Zeit’s view, there is no doubt that humans are causing the climate change, and that it will be catastrophic. The science and data are clear and the consensus is greater than ever. As far as Die Zeit is concerned, the scientific debate has long been over – a survey of 928 papers from 1993 to 2003 says so, they write. What’s left now is a struggle between the good warmists and the evil industry-paid deniers who are maliciously spreading doubt. There are no real skeptic climate scientists left. In the perception of Die Zeit, it’s now a struggle between David (honest climate scientists who are only doing their jobs) and Goliath (Morano leading an army of industry-funded PR mercenaries). Tragically, David is losing, Die Zeit frets.

German Die Zeit?s Twisted Perception: Doubt Being Fanned Worldwide By Climate Godfather Marc Morano

The fact that you had not, and could not, read the article does not explain why you lied about what it says.

HUSH! you think the entire pacific ocean is the west coast, you're obviously an idiot... West coast relatively small part of the pacific ocean. Pacific ocean very large body of water encompassing more than a few coasts, facing west, east, north, south..

Until you can post like you deserve it, please stay in the kiddie rooms...

Skooks -

Indeed.....clearly an article that rubber stamps the established "consensus" narrative!!!:eusa_dance:

Skooks -

You claimed:
even mainstream hard core greenies in Europe are backing off this climate prediction stuff.

Without having read the article - which said exactly the opposite of what you claimed it said. Now that you have read it, you claim:

clearly an article that rubber stamps the established "consensus" narrative!!!

Then why did you post it?

Last edited:
Skooks -

You claimed:
even mainstream hard core greenies in Europe are backing off this climate prediction stuff.

Without having read the article - which siad exactly the opposite of what you claimed it said. Now that you have read it, you claim:

clearly an article that rubber stamps the established "consensus" narrative!!!

Then why did you post it?

QUIET SOCKO!!!

:poop:

Forum List

Back