Cloudflare blocks trans harassment forum Kiwi Farms following escalation of 'targeted threats'

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
DNS and internet security provider Cloudflare has blocked Kiwi Farms, an infamous forum known for its online and real-world harassment campaigns. CEO Matthew Prince announced the company’s decision on Saturday after it initially resisted calls to stop protecting the website.

About Time!

I guess that site was indeed wrong.

Sadly too many sites like Parler are being cancelled. Hopefully Conservatives can built a sturdy alt-tech space. Already in process since 2017.

What is a DNS and internet security provider?

Until this thread I did not know they existed or had so much power to censure what I can read

Until this thread I did not know they existed or had so much power to censure what I can read
The Domain Name System (DNS) is the phonebook of the Internet.

• Norton 360 with LifeLock Ultimate Plus. Everything but the kitchen sink, at a premium price. ...
  • Bitdefender Premium Security. ...
  • McAfee Total Protection Ultimate. ...
  • Trend Micro Premium Security. ...
  • ESET Smart Security Premium. ...
  • Kaspersky Total Security.

The 1st amendment only applies to the US Government and even then there are limits with the first amendment, like you can't shout fire in a crowded theater, you can't incite violence or such.

Threats of violence on any level is wrong. Targeting the mentally I’ll makes it that much worse.

The 1st amendment only applies to the US Government and even then there are limits with the first amendment, like you can't shout fire in a crowded theater, you can't incite violence or such.

This Wiki website was not shouting fire in a movie theater

Or at least I assume they werent since the internet is not a physical building

The old saw that all politics are local is a very real thing with the likes of FB. I've never seen censorship in local FB threads unless violence against someone was threatened.

I could care less about tweeting.

Forum List

Back