CNN: AR15 lowers are -not- firearms

:lol:
That's the beauty of an AR lower -- its not semi-auto.
Actually your thread has me looking at getting a kit and doing one myself, saw one kit, a classic M-16 look in 5.56 Nato for around $410 or get a more customizable .223 for a hundred bucks more. What I like about the 556 is you can fire 223 out of it but not the other way around.
If you're looking to put an AR together yourself, you have -innumerable- options.
-Always- go with 5.56 over .223
ARs have never been cheaper than they are now.
They also have a .300 Blackout rig for $499, doesn't have the 5.56 range but it does have the power.
I'm not a fan of ARs chambered for boutique rounds -- if 5.56x45 doesn't meet your needs, get a .308.
Any one of them would meet my needs which are target shooting and that's it, besides I already own a shitload of 7.62x35 rounds (.300 Blackout). I wouldn't call a 7.62x35 a boutique round........
I use the term to describe a specialized round created for a narrow purpose, but only slightly improves on the performance of a standard round when used for that purpose.
300 Blackout, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, .224 Valkyrie -- all of these fall under that umbrella.

Actually your thread has me looking at getting a kit and doing one myself, saw one kit, a classic M-16 look in 5.56 Nato for around $410 or get a more customizable .223 for a hundred bucks more. What I like about the 556 is you can fire 223 out of it but not the other way around.
If you're looking to put an AR together yourself, you have -innumerable- options.
-Always- go with 5.56 over .223
ARs have never been cheaper than they are now.
They also have a .300 Blackout rig for $499, doesn't have the 5.56 range but it does have the power.
I'm not a fan of ARs chambered for boutique rounds -- if 5.56x45 doesn't meet your needs, get a .308.
Any one of them would meet my needs which are target shooting and that's it, besides I already own a shitload of 7.62x35 rounds (.300 Blackout). I wouldn't call a 7.62x35 a boutique round........
I use the term to describe a specialized round created for a narrow purpose, but only slightly improves on the performance of a standard round when used for that purpose.
300 Blackout, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, .224 Valkyrie -- all of these fall under that umbrella.
Everyone has their own definitions.

Forum List

Back