CNN’s Jim Acosta Forced To Correct Harris Surrogate For Suggesting JD Vance Never Served In Military

crossbody

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2024

CNN’s Jim Acosta forced to correct Harris surrogate for suggesting JD Vance never served in military​

‘I’m not aware of any military service that JD Vance has ever served,’ Sen. Tina Smith said​

Published August 7, 2024 6:00pm EDT

CNN’s Jim Acosta was forced to correct a top Harris surrogate who suggested GOP vice presidential nominee JD Vance never served in the military on Wednesday.

Sen. Tina Smith, D-Minn., who is working to help Vice President Kamala Harris defeat the GOP ticket, appeared on CNN and responded to Sen. JD Vance’s recent claim that Harris’ running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, is misleading the country about his veteran status. Vance famously enlisted in the Marines and served in Iraq long before entering politics, but that was news to Smith.

"Here is Tim Walz who enlisted when he was 17 years old, he served in the National Guard for 24 years. And I’m not aware of any military service that JD Vance has ever served, so let’s just make the comparison there," Smith told CNN viewers.

Acosta, who was a key Trump antagonist when he served as CNN’s White House reporter, didn’t immediately jump in but corrected Smith before she finished her next sentence.
"He was in the Marines," Acosta said.

Smith responded, "OK, pardon me for that," before quickly moving on.

Last edited:

CNN’s Jim Acosta forced to correct Harris surrogate for suggesting JD Vance never served in military​

‘I’m not aware of any military service that JD Vance has ever served,’ Sen. Tina Smith said​

Published August 7, 2024 6:00pm EDT

CNN’s Jim Acosta was forced to correct a top Harris surrogate who suggested GOP vice presidential nominee JD Vance never served in the military on Wednesday.

Sen. Tina Smith, D-Minn., who is working to help Vice President Kamala Harris defeat the GOP ticket, appeared on CNN and responded to Sen. JD Vance’s recent claim that Harris’ running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, is misleading the country about his veteran status. Vance famously enlisted in the Marines and served in Iraq long before entering politics, but that was news to Smith.

"Here is Tim Walz who enlisted when he was 17 years old, he served in the National Guard for 24 years. And I’m not aware of any military service that JD Vance has ever served, so let’s just make the comparison there," Smith told CNN viewers.

Acosta, who was a key Trump antagonist when he served as CNN’s White House reporter, didn’t immediately jump in but corrected Smith before she finished her next sentence.

"He was in the Marines," Acosta said.

Smith responded, "OK, pardon me for that," before quickly moving on.

Vance was a correspondent.

They are currently in a deep, dark, and blinding love affair with Walz now, so to the democrats no republicans have ever served in the military... especially Vance.

When in reality Vance actually served in the Iraq war, and Walz vacated his duty to fight in a war. He ran away from the military.

Last edited:
The truth doesn't matter to Democrats. Neither do laws. They're going to say and do whatever they think will make them look good and be successful. MAGA

Vance was a correspondent.
And?

Think Joker and Rafterman in Full Metal Jacket.

Vance was not a ground-pounder - served no combat duty, but did serve in Iraq. Walz took money from the Army reserves for years and years, but when called to serve, he took a powder, so to speak.

Nobody votes for the Vice President, so it doesn't really matter, but one might note that Walz was picked because he was mediocre enough not to be threatening to Harris, unlike Shapiro.

Forum List

Back