Cold kills far more humans than heat does

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Heat is the major thing discussed by Alarmists. But they ignore the major cause of deaths due to climate.
Did you know about that?
Here is a chart showing the facts.

1721326505947.png

As I sit here hugging my swamp cooler it's already over 90 outside. No, it isn't unusual for this time of year in Arizona.
You might be correct but right now a few snowflakes would be very nice.

Heat is the major thing discussed by Alarmists. But they ignore the major cause of deaths due to climate.
Did you know about that?
Here is a chart showing the facts.

Read the list of countries. Is India or Pakistan on it? Anything in Africa? No?

It's easy to say heat doesn't kill if you deliberately fudge the data by leaving out all the hottest nations.

Common sense -- deniers don't have any. It's why they're deniers.

Cold kills far more humans than heat does​

Did you know about that?

Of course. Basic physics. Because it is far easier for a body to have an excess of what you need and to shed or cope with the excess, than it is to replace something you don't have being taken away from you rapidly.

The body can sweat and lower its internal temperature and shut down metabolism to cope with too much heat, but in a freezing situation, the best the body can do is to draw what little heat it has towards the center hoping to save something and let your limbs and extremities freeze first.

As I sit here hugging my swamp cooler it's already over 90 outside. No, it isn't unusual for this time of year in Arizona.
I gave up on the swamp cooler. It's very cheap to run but so messy to maintain and when the humidity goes up they are basically a fan.

Read the list of countries. Is India or Pakistan on it? Anything in Africa? No?

It's easy to say heat doesn't kill if you deliberately fudge the data by leaving out all the hottest nations.

Common sense -- deniers don't have any. It's why they're deniers.
Here cultist
The same pattern holds, including in countries not typically associated with frigid winters. In India, cold deaths outnumber heat deaths 7 to 1. Globally, 1.7 million people die of cold each year, dwarfing heat deaths (300,000).

Of course. Basic physics.
Absolute physics fail.

If the temp is high, you can't lower it without air conditioning.

If the temp is low, you can put on a coat.

One requires electricity and technology. One doesn't.

The New York Post?

A tabloid?

Dang, even for a denier, that's desperate.
Of course, the source was there. But i understand its too inconvenient for you to look.
ANNUAL DEATHS DUE TO COLD TEMPS BY REGION:

• Africa – 1.18 million
  • Asia – 2.4 million
  • Europe – 657,000
  • South America – 116,000
  • UK – 44,600
  • US – 154,800
  • China – 967,000
  • India – 655,400
  • Australia – 14,200
ANNUAL DEATHS DUE TO HIGH TEMPS BY REGION

• Africa – 25,550
  • Asia – 224,000
  • Europe – 178,700
  • South America – 25,250
  • UK – 8000
  • US – 18,750
  • China – 71,300
  • India – 83,700
  • Australia – 2300

True enough. But it is better than nothing.
Are you really off grid in Apache County? That's hard core! So solar panels and a turbine I assume?

Are you really off grid in Apache County? That's hard core! So solar panels and a turbine I assume?
I had a turbine, two actually. But they were actually both destroyed by wind. They have a clutch that shut them down when the wind gets above about 40mph. Then the winds bent and broke the blades. So I am all solar. I have a lot, 22 275w panels and a bank of batteries, a big one. 32 6v gc2 lead acid batteries.
I don't use a lot of power so I can go up to five days without Sunshine (rare here) and still have juice.
I been here living like this for 14 years. Prior to that I was in a town south of here.

Absolute physics fail.

If the temp is high, you can't lower it without air conditioning.

If the temp is low, you can put on a coat.

One requires electricity and technology. One doesn't.

You don't sweat? ... maybe see a doctor or something ... humans evolved as tropical animals if you believe in evolution ...

I had a turbine, two actually. But they were actually both destroyed by wind. They have a clutch that shut them down when the wind gets above about 40mph. Then the winds bent and broke the blades. So I am all solar. I have a lot, 22 275w panels and a bank of batteries, a big one. 32 6v gc2 lead acid batteries.
I don't use a lot of power so I can go up to five days without Sunshine (rare here) and still have juice.
I been here living like this for 14 years. Prior to that I was in a town south of here.
Do you have a well for water?

Do you have a well for water?
I have two wells on my property. The closest one to my house is about 3/4 mile away. The other is further and just feeds a ground tank for the cattle. The water is so alkaline that I get my drinking water from a RO outlet in St Johns and keep 150 gal jugs filled with that. I do use my well water for my plants and In the house tank. But I buffer it with sulfuric acid whenever I fill the tanks.
There is a capped well on another parcel I own closer to Navajo springs. But it was capped because it showed too high a radiation content. It was capped when I bought that parcel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back