Collective bargaining "rights"??

Wisconsin passed a law in 1959 giving the public sector employees bargaining rights.

(I'm looking for the text of it)

And they want to change the law? So what?

Are you daft? They want to change the law to take away collective bargaining rights that were established in 1959.

Thus, to go back to the OP that everyone has forgotten,

no, it is not inappropriate to refer to their collective bargaining rights, because, yes, they have them.

You brainiacs trying to make more out of this than it is are embarassing.

Someone get Carby a pacifier. NO MORE BLANKET DUES AND VOTES for liberal Union conspirators. Each member has the absolute right to decide where they want their dues going. Collective bargaining rights your dumb ass.. This is all about liberals losing CAMPAIGN funding from the Union mob bosses. Nothing more.

You are obviously confused. It's you and your pea-green with envy do-nothings that seem to think the purpose of government is to mug other people for your benefit.

I've paid school taxes for decades and never had a kid in school. Who's mugging who? I've paid more taxes than ANYONE in my bracket who has kids, because of the ability of the breeders to take massive tax deductions.

So fuck off.

Idiot. No one gives the first stinking damn what you do Carby.

You are obviously confused. It's you and your pea-green with envy do-nothings that seem to think the purpose of government is to mug other people for your benefit.

I've paid school taxes for decades and never had a kid in school. Who's mugging who? I've paid more taxes than ANYONE in my bracket who has kids, because of the ability of the breeders to take massive tax deductions.

So fuck off.

the breeders??? oh my oh my oh my..

So fuck off.

And here we see the true nature of a scum sucking parasite. It's those kids who are going to be stuck paying for your bloated retirement benefits, you feeble twit.

If you have 2 kids, unless you are quite rich,

you get 2000 dollars back right off the top of your federal income tax bill.

That 2000 dollars will pay most family's school tax bills and then some, so in effect, the federal government is borrowing money out the ass so you can have free schooling for your kids.

And you people are complaining about the cost of public school?

Shut the fuck UP!!!!!!!!

So fuck off.

Breeders? You mean broodmares that have kids to suck off the same TIT of government that you think is the bees knees...and want MORE people to tax?

Stop sucking on the sour grapes and get with the program.:lol:

That 2000 dollars will pay most family's school tax bills and then some, so in effect, the federal government is borrowing money out the ass so you can have free schooling for your kids.

Shut the fuck UP!!!!!!!!

And further evidence of the true Liberal Spirit: anyone who disagrees with him must be silenced.

He can handle all kinds of diversity except the only truly meaningful one: the diversity of Free Minds.

So fuck off.

And here we see the true nature of a scum sucking parasite. It's those kids who are going to be stuck paying for your bloated retirement benefits, you feeble twit.

Learn to read or put me on ignore you daft cow.

I like the WI DEMS "unique" filibusterer. I think it's hilarious that the best the cons on here can do is call them "pussies".

I also think it's laughable that the governor sent the state police after them.

What can they legally be arrested/detained for? Walker better hope make sure that doesn't happen as it is a clear abuse of power and a violation of the law.

The only clear abuse of power are what your fingers type....

They are in violation of state law....

Wisconsin Statutes > Criminal Code > Chapter 946 > Subchapter II > § 946.12 - Misconduct in public office
Cowardly Wisconsin Democrat Senators: Felons and Subverters of WI Constitution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wisconsin Statutes > Criminal Code > Chapter 946 > Subchapter II > § 946.12 - Misconduct in public office

Quote:
946.12 Misconduct in public office. Any public officer or public employee who does any of the following is guilty of a Class I felony:

946.12(1)
(1) Intentionally fails or refuses to perform a known mandatory, nondiscretionary, ministerial duty of the officer's or employee's office or employment within the time or in the manner required by law; or
http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/w...in_laws_946-12

Article IV, §28

Quote:
Oath of office. Section 28. Members of the legislature, and all officers, executive and judicial, except such inferior officers as may be by law exempted, shall before they enter upon the duties of their respective offices, take and subscribe an oath or affirmation to support the constitution of the United States and the constitution of the state of Wisconsin, and faithfully to discharge the duties of their respective offices to the best of their ability.
http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/gat...n, wisconsin

But since when did democratics give a hoot in hell about the law or their oath of office?

So fuck off.

Translation: "I lost the argument...":lol:

collective bargaining and labor arbitration: an overview

Collective bargaining consists of negotiations between an employer and a group of employees so as to determine the conditions of employment. The result of collective bargaining procedures is a collective agreement. Employees are often represented in bargaining by a union or other labor organization. Collective bargaining is governed by federal and state statutory laws, administrative agency regulations, and judicial decisions. In areas where federal and state law overlap, state laws are preempted. See, U.S. Constitution, Art. VI.

The main body of law governing collective bargaining is the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). It explicitly grants employees the right to collectively bargain and join trade unions. The NLRA was originally enacted by Congress in 1935 under its power to regulate interstate commerce. See, U.S. Constitution Art. I, Section 8. It applies to most private non-agricultural employees and employers engaged in some aspect of interstate commerce. Decisions and regulations of the National Labor Relations Board, which was established by the NLRA, greatly supplement and define the provisions of the act.

The NLRA establishes procedures for the selection of a labor organization to represent a unit of employees in collective bargaining. The act prohibits employers from interfering with this selection. The NLRA requires the employer to bargain with the appointed representative of its employees. It does not require either side to agree to a proposal or make concessions but does establish procedural guidelines on good faith bargaining. Proposals which would violate the NLRA or other laws may not be subject to collective bargaining. The NLRA also establishes regulations on what tactics (e.g. strikes, lock-outs, picketing) each side may employ to further their bargaining objectives.

State laws further regulate collective bargaining and make collective agreements enforceable under state law. They may also provide guidelines for those employers and employees not covered by the NLRA, such as agricultural laborers.

Arbitration is a method of dispute resolution used as an alternative to litigation. It is commonly designated in collective agreements between employers and employees as the way to resolve disputes. The parties select a neutral third party (an arbiter) to hold a formal or informal hearing on the disagreement. The arbiter then issues a decision binding on the parties. Both federal and state law governs the practice of arbitration. While the Federal Arbitration Act, by its own terms, is not applicable to employment contracts, federal courts are increasingly applying the law in labor disputes. Fourty-nine states have adopted the Uniform Arbitration Act (1956) as state law. Thus, the arbitration agreement and decision of the arbiter may be enforceable under state and federal law.

Collective bargaining | LII / Legal Information Institute

PUBLIC EMPLOYEES GAIN PROTECTIONS

Wisconsin also led the nation in giving public employees the right of collective bargaining. The nation’s largest public employee union, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees was founded in Madison in 1936; throughout the state, public employees organized, even though they had no legal protections. Nonetheless, public workers, like those in Milwaukee regularly showed solidarity in threatening to strike to win fair treatment. Finally in 1959, the State passed the nation’s first comprehensive public employee bargaining law, Section 111.70, which provided the right of collective bargaining to public employees, and also required municipalities, school districts the university system and other public entities to bargain with the unionized workers.

Primer | Wisconsin Labor History Society

So unless there has been a repeal of this law, Gov. Walker's proposal is in violation of the spirit (if not actual letter) of that law.

Shut the fuck UP!!!!!!!!

And further evidence of the true Liberal Spirit: anyone who disagrees with him must be silenced.

He can handle all kinds of diversity except the only truly meaningful one: the diversity of Free Minds.

1. Do you have kids?

2. Do you get the child tax credit of 1000 dollars per kid?

3. Is the total equal to or more than your current school tax bill?

So fuck off.

And now he adds misogynist comments as well.

I've oft noted that the biggest sexist pig is a leftwing man, although in this particular case, I use the term man rather losely.

We stand in solidarity with the protesters and the brave 14 State Senators who are making a stand against Gov. Walker, his cronies, and the Koch brothers' blatant attack on workers' rights!
Please forward this petition to everyone you know who supports the 14 Democratic state senators who are fighting for workers rights!
thepetitionsite.com/158/support-the-wisconsin-14/

The Project for Social and Economic Equality supports their actions and will do everything in our power to get their message heard.
Daniel Lee,
Director, The Project for Social and Economic Equality

Good for you.

Unfortunately, I am afraid these 14 won't be able to hold out forever, and the forces of evil will win out on this one.

LMFAO!! "Forces of evil." It's evil to balance your checkbook stupid?
It would appear if your intent is to actually ballance the checkbook it just might be!

Shut the fuck UP!!!!!!!!

1. Do you have kids?

My personal financial and tax status is none of your business. I do not defend big government programs even if I happen to be one of the targeted beneficiaries.

I actually have principles.

1. Do you have kids?

My personal financial and tax status is none of your business. I do not defend big government programs even if I happen to be one of the targeted beneficiaries.

I actually have principles.

LOLOL. Translation: arrgh, you got me!!!

btw, you're welcome. That's for your thanking me for paying to raise your kids. Enjoy that welfare.

Just about every headline I have read about the proposed budget changes in Wisconsin mentions Collective Bargaining "rights". I am NOT the sharpest tack in the box, and after extensive Google searches, can find no LAW that stipulates such rights. What am I missing?

Do a search for National Labor Relations Act or Wagner Act-You might also want to refer to the long history of Case Law in the US which has upheld the rights of workers to bargain collectively.

Good for you.

Unfortunately, I am afraid these 14 won't be able to hold out forever, and the forces of evil will win out on this one.

LMFAO!! "Forces of evil." It's evil to balance your checkbook stupid?
It would appear if your intent is to actually ballance the checkbook it just might be!

I'm glad this fiasco in Wisconsin is taking place. It allows the heartland of America to get a good whiff of the stench liberalism spawns. Unions believe they're entitled to taxpayer funds in the way of "collective bargaining." Unfuckingbelievable.

Forum List

Back