Collective bargaining "rights"??

1. Do you have kids?

2. Do you get the child tax credit of 1000 dollars per kid?

3. Is the total equal to or more than your current school tax bill?

My personal financial and tax status is none of your business. I do not defend big government programs even if I happen to be one of the targeted beneficiaries.

I actually have principles.

LOLOL. Translation: arrgh, you got me!!!

btw, you're welcome. That's for your thanking me for paying to raise your kids. Enjoy that welfare.

I haven't told you anything about my personal situation in life, bub. But we have all learned that you are a scum sucking parasite who feeds from the public trough.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Then you clearly don't understand why the Constitution was designed to limit government power.

Have a good day.
Yes, designed to place LIMITS on there power that protect your rights, not to ENGENDER them with power to protect your rights. There is a difference and it is not merely semantic, its philisophical.

My personal financial and tax status is none of your business. I do not defend big government programs even if I happen to be one of the targeted beneficiaries.

btw, you're welcome. That's for your thanking me for paying to raise your kids. Enjoy that welfare.

I haven't told you anything about my personal situation in life, bub. But we have all learned that you are a scum sucking parasite who feeds from the public trough.

it's OK. Many of us know these things about Cabonated just by his posts. He's a Big Gubmint dweeb that demands and continues to demand that which isn't his and defends those that demand the same.

Translation: "I lost the argument...":lol:

She's babbling nonsense.

Go have another deep fried beer you fat drunk.

Quoted so the moron doesn't have a chance to edit.

At this point, NYC has made this thread into a contender for Biggest Meltdown of 2011.

Mr. T is nothing but a babbling drunk troll who has nothing to contribute. He's lucky if he's a drunk,

at least he could sober up and have a fighting chance of making some sense once in a while.

Statist! Statist! Statist! Glug Glug Statist Statist!! Statist!!!!

lol

collective bargaining and labor arbitration: an overview

Collective bargaining consists of negotiations between an employer and a group of employees so as to determine the conditions of employment. The result of collective bargaining procedures is a collective agreement. Employees are often represented in bargaining by a union or other labor organization. Collective bargaining is governed by federal and state statutory laws, administrative agency regulations, and judicial decisions. In areas where federal and state law overlap, state laws are preempted. See, U.S. Constitution, Art. VI.

The main body of law governing collective bargaining is the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). It explicitly grants employees the right to collectively bargain and join trade unions. The NLRA was originally enacted by Congress in 1935 under its power to regulate interstate commerce. See, U.S. Constitution Art. I, Section 8. It applies to most private non-agricultural employees and employers engaged in some aspect of interstate commerce. Decisions and regulations of the National Labor Relations Board, which was established by the NLRA, greatly supplement and define the provisions of the act.

The NLRA establishes procedures for the selection of a labor organization to represent a unit of employees in collective bargaining. The act prohibits employers from interfering with this selection. The NLRA requires the employer to bargain with the appointed representative of its employees. It does not require either side to agree to a proposal or make concessions but does establish procedural guidelines on good faith bargaining. Proposals which would violate the NLRA or other laws may not be subject to collective bargaining. The NLRA also establishes regulations on what tactics (e.g. strikes, lock-outs, picketing) each side may employ to further their bargaining objectives.

State laws further regulate collective bargaining and make collective agreements enforceable under state law. They may also provide guidelines for those employers and employees not covered by the NLRA, such as agricultural laborers.

Arbitration is a method of dispute resolution used as an alternative to litigation. It is commonly designated in collective agreements between employers and employees as the way to resolve disputes. The parties select a neutral third party (an arbiter) to hold a formal or informal hearing on the disagreement. The arbiter then issues a decision binding on the parties. Both federal and state law governs the practice of arbitration. While the Federal Arbitration Act, by its own terms, is not applicable to employment contracts, federal courts are increasingly applying the law in labor disputes. Fourty-nine states have adopted the Uniform Arbitration Act (1956) as state law. Thus, the arbitration agreement and decision of the arbiter may be enforceable under state and federal law.

Collective bargaining | LII / Legal Information Institute

PUBLIC EMPLOYEES GAIN PROTECTIONS

Wisconsin also led the nation in giving public employees the right of collective bargaining. The nation’s largest public employee union, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees was founded in Madison in 1936; throughout the state, public employees organized, even though they had no legal protections. Nonetheless, public workers, like those in Milwaukee regularly showed solidarity in threatening to strike to win fair treatment. Finally in 1959, the State passed the nation’s first comprehensive public employee bargaining law, Section 111.70, which provided the right of collective bargaining to public employees, and also required municipalities, school districts the university system and other public entities to bargain with the unionized workers.

Primer | Wisconsin Labor History Society

So unless there has been a repeal of this law, Gov. Walker's proposal is in violation of the spirit (if not actual letter) of that law.
Absolutely 100% false. The proposal does not stop any workers from forming or belonging to any assembly called a union they voluntarily join for the purpose of collective bargaining. However, the mere fact of their choice to form one, join one or assemble into one cannot and does not compel any other party to negotiate with them.

Last edited:
She's babbling nonsense.

Go have another deep fried beer you fat drunk.

At this point, NYC has made this thread into a contender for Biggest Meltdown of 2011.

Mr. T is nothing but a babbling drunk troll who has nothing to contribute. He's lucky if he's a drunk,

at least he could sober up and have a fighting chance of making some sense once in a while.

lol

You still here whining? :lol:

How the fuck can I be feeding from the public trough when I pay more in taxes than anyone in my bracket? Explain that to me, get a grip, and explain that to me.

btw, let me repeat, do you or do you not get the child tax credit for your kids? Does it or does it not amount to more than you pay in school taxes?

lol

You still here whining? :lol:

How much in tax credits and deductions do you get for your kids?

The Reagan Revolution convinced us to hate the entire public sector, where things like education were formerly thought to exist.

Why did the Reagan Revolution undermine public education?

Because corporations (the funding source for the Reagan Revolution) didn't want to pay higher taxes in order to educate an upwardly mobile middle class society. Short term profit seeking does not care about abstractions like a well educated society -- this is why you need government. [Short term profit seekers didn't build the Hoover Dam, Government did]

Corporations (through Movement Conservatism) invested billions into convincing people that they didn't need to worry about the public sector; that the market would take care of everything -- that middle class benefits would magically come from making the rich richer. This is like the Lords convincing the serfs not to worry about their current life because they will be rewarded in the next life -- it's a strategic opiate which calibrates the rabble to their fate.

America became one of the most successful nations on earth during the postwar years because all americans had access to great public education provided by government (the same government which provided energy to Southwest, put a man on the moon, and defeated the nazis). Before Reagan, America was proud of its public education system -- it was one of the best in the world! The Reagan Revolution undermined that pride in order to lower corporate taxes; they spent 30 years convincing low information voters that teachers were welfare queens.

Affordable world class universities like the kind formerly seen in California were the essence of an upwardly mobile society. It meant that if you were born poor, you could still afford to make something of yourself. This is what separated America from the 3rd world, where birth (not merit) decided social outcomes. The Reagan Revolution created a political environment were instead of going after corrupt hedge fund managers who destroyed the banking system, we are now cutting aid to our great public universities and treating teachers like crooks. How did this happen? Is talk radio this strong.

(Movement Conservatism got hold of the media and seduced a generation of Americans to abandon the great postwar public sector. After the Revolution is finished destroying public education, fewer Americans will have upward mobility, and nothing will separate us from those evil empires we've been drugged to think are so much worse than us)

Education-only-for-the-wealthy (which is what the free marketeers are creating) is the mark of a 3rd world nation.

Having a well educated population is an externality that the market will not take care of. Problem is: the Reagan Revolution has drugged people into believing that the market will take care of everything, from health costs to energy and education. Meanwhile, health costs have exploded in order to feed "administrative" parasites (aka insurance monopolies) that sit between doctor and patient, and Big Oil has crushed alternative energy, and public education is being slowly destroyed.

Morons. You have been lied to.

Here is the contract. Government subsidizes big business and bails them out when they get in trouble -- and in exchange, business (because they have all the wealth) pays higher taxes so that the nation can educate the next generation of workers and build the next Hoover Dam. Without this essential contract, the nation fall apart. And that is exactly what happened: the Reagan Revolution convinced people that business owed nothing to the very taxpayers who continually subsidized and bailed them out; and, as a result of letting corporations ride for free, our infrastructure (roads, energy, heath, education systems) are crumbling. The historic profits didn't trickle down to make America stronger (as Reagan promised); nope, the money got stuffed into decadent lifestyles, dynastic inheritances, and the pockets of politicians. America swallowed poison in 1980. We literally lost our country because of a B rate actor. [Do you understand where profits come from? The Cold War Pentagon and Space Program created the technology which propelled the 80s consumer electronics boom. Government built the Hoover Dam, laying the foundation for 1/2 a century of profits. Government enables profit making -- that is why every major corporation sends lobbyists to Washington. They want taxpayer candy. They know who butters their bread and makes their profits possible. Their entire system of profit making is built upon a carefully constructed, well hidden system of subsidies, bailouts, and regulatory favors, e.g., protecting drug makers from foreign competition so they can continue to charge Americans the worlds highest drug costs]

Corporations have used talk radio to convince America that teachers are crooks and bridges will magically fix themselves; therefore, no need to give back.

(Welcome to it! It took the Reagan Revolution about 30 years to turn America into the 3rd world)

Last edited:
A filibuster is a proper parliamentary procedure which requires that the elected representatives actually SHOW UP FOR WORK.

Denying quorum is a legitimate parliamentary tactic. It's just one you don't like because it's the Democrats.

Again, if the GOP doesn't like it, they are free to wait or compromise.

Or action will be taken against them for contempt, and that process can begin, and it will.

You don't run away from the state when you represent the state. Good grief.

LMFAO!! "Forces of evil." It's evil to balance your checkbook stupid?
It would appear if your intent is to actually ballance the checkbook it just might be!

I'm glad this fiasco in Wisconsin is taking place. It allows the heartland of America to get a good whiff of the stench liberalism spawns. Unions believe they're entitled to taxpayer funds in the way of "collective bargaining." Unfuckingbelievable.

And the argument will be made..."But but...they pay taxes too..." ;)

I like the WI DEMS "unique" filibusterer. I think it's hilarious that the best the cons on here can do is call them "pussies".

I also think it's laughable that the governor sent the state police after them.

What can they legally be arrested/detained for? Walker better hope make sure that doesn't happen as it is a clear abuse of power and a violation of the law.

I will find it laughable if they lose their positions because of it.

I wonder if they will hold special elections? :lol:

If I were a voter in WI, I would want to know where the hell these 14 are, and if they're still holed up somewhere like a bunch of fucking cowards, I'd want to know who is paying their bill, and then I'd be demanding they either report for the job they are being paid to do or resign. Either would be fine.

Fucking cowardly little critters. It'll be a riot if any of these 14 ever decide to run for POTUS.... the right will have a wonderful time reminding them of this little fiasco. LMAO.

It's remarkable that Organizing for America, which is Obama's outreach pet, is rushing there to help out.

If I were a voter in WI, I would want to know where the hell these 14 are, and if they're still holed up somewhere like a bunch of fucking cowards, I'd want to know who is paying their bill, and then I'd be demanding they either report for the job they are being paid to do or resign. Either would be fine.

Fucking cowardly little critters. It'll be a riot if any of these 14 ever decide to run for POTUS.... the right will have a wonderful time reminding them of this little fiasco. LMAO.

It's remarkable that Organizing for America, which is Obama's outreach pet, is rushing there to help out.

Not really remarable but designed that way. It proves what many said of him before he was ever elected. He's nothing but a thug. A professional shit disturber.

We stand in solidarity with the protesters and the brave 14 State Senators who are making a stand against Gov. Walker, his cronies, and the Koch brothers' blatant attack on workers' rights!
Please forward this petition to everyone you know who supports the 14 Democratic state senators who are fighting for workers rights!
thepetitionsite.com/158/support-the-wisconsin-14/

The Project for Social and Economic Equality supports their actions and will do everything in our power to get their message heard.
Daniel Lee,
Director, The Project for Social and Economic Equality

You mean the 14 pussies that ran to Illinois? They stomped their little feet, took their ball, and went home. Hopefully all will lose their jobs next election cycle.

Hopefully before the next election. I've heard they are starting some legal actions against them to have them removed from their positions.

We stand in solidarity with the protesters and the brave 14 State Senators who are making a stand against Gov. Walker, his cronies, and the Koch brothers' blatant attack on workers' rights!
Please forward this petition to everyone you know who supports the 14 Democratic state senators who are fighting for workers rights!
thepetitionsite.com/158/support-the-wisconsin-14/

The Project for Social and Economic Equality supports their actions and will do everything in our power to get their message heard.
Daniel Lee,
Director, The Project for Social and Economic Equality

I bet you are one of the groups who objected to the Republicans actually following Senate rules in an attempt to block legislation they did not like, yet you support Democrats when they break the rules, and the law.

If you are expecting support from intelligent people, forget it.

Demacracy is only supported by deomcorats if it results in what democrats want I guess. Why did they even bother having elections in Wisconsin is my question?

There doesn't seem to be much of a partisan or ideological stripe to the process that's occurring. That is to say, it unfolds them same way regardless of who's in the majority and who's in the minority.

One side wins big in an election and moves forward with its policy agenda. The opposition mobilizes and protests publicly, while opposition legislators use any and all means available to them to obstruct the legislative process.

If you're amenable to the majority's policy preferences, you'll likely see the unfolding process as some kind of attempt to subvert democracy. If you're more sympathetic to the minority, you'll view them as boldly doing what's necessary to prevent the majority from "ramming through" destructive policies.

Same shit, different day.

Really?

Why don't you point all the examples of Republicans illegally running away from their responsibilities, and point out how often the head of the Republican party praised them for doing so. There is a major difference between using the rules of the Senate to try to stop something you do not agree with and simply running away in an attempt to force the voters of an entire state to do things your way.

I like the WI DEMS "unique" filibusterer. I think it's hilarious that the best the cons on here can do is call them "pussies".

I also think it's laughable that the governor sent the state police after them.

What can they legally be arrested/detained for? Walker better hope make sure that doesn't happen as it is a clear abuse of power and a violation of the law.

The Wisconsin Constitution gives the state the power to compel any legislator who refuses to do his job to actually do it. That might just explain why they ran to Illinois instead of staying in Wisconsin. But you would have to be capable of realizing that you do not know everything to admit you are wrong here, so I doubt you will.

By the way, a filibuster is not running away and hiding, it is standing up and debating your point, and facing the possibility of losing anyway. It is actually following the rules, not breaking them.

Forum List

Back