Zone1 Catholics (real ones) do NOT go against Scripture or add to it. It's a lie.

I have absolutely no problem with Catholics. Husband is one. My 9 brothers and sisters-in-laws are Catholic. Most of my friends are Catholic, and I love them all. So you are mistaken. And feel free to believe what ever you want.
My issue is with religious dogma that leads astray. When someone proclaims that Jesus started the Catholic church, and Peter was the first Pope, then I am compelled to prove that Peter was dead for 300 years before there was a church or Pope. And that Peter started his church in Jerusalem, and preached there until his arrest, not Rome. I don't even take offense at being told I'm going to hell for not believing it. I take offense at false doctrine that is contrary to scripture.

So, quote the scripture that says Mary is also a mediatrix, or that she is also an advocate on our behalf. Where is the scripture that calls Mary the new Eve, since a new Eve is totally unnecessary.
I didn't say you had trouble with your Catholic relatives and friends. I said you had trouble with the Catholic Church. I note you do not deny that. Jesus did start the Church that became known as 'catholic' because it was open to all (as compared to Judaism where the Temple was open only to Jews). You ignore--and choose to be blind--of three hundred years of Church history and to me, that denotes hatred. Keep in mind etymology of 'church', which in Biblical times was understood as a congregation or a group of people. A group of people followed Jesus, and continued to follow the Apostles after Jesus' ascension and the descent of the Holy Spirit. That was the 'church' of that time. If you don't care for Church tradition that both Peter and Paul were in Rome and that Peter died and is buried there, then dismiss that tradition and grave on the grounds you know better than early Church tradition.

Peter was the first leader Jesus assigned to his Church/congregation (however you wish to term it). If you are familiar with the Old Testament, you are aware that when the King leaves, he gives to his emissary the keys and the authority to run things in his absence. Jesus did exactly this with Peter, and it is recorded in the Bible. But ignore that, too.

Why do you want a scripture saying Mary is a mediator? Do you wish to be assured that she is not? Then read what I have posted four times now that the Catholic Church says she is not. You seem to be the only one insisting that she is. Everyone else seems clear on Mary's role as handmaiden of the Lord, the New Eve, who was obedient to God. That is her only role in God's plan of redemption and salvation. If you insist this makes her a co-mediator, that is your opinion, your dogma, not the dogma of the Catholic faith. If you wish to promote Mary to mediator, you're on your own. If you wish to put your words into the mouth of the Church, it still does not make them Church words--only your misguided words--and you are still on your own.

lol. The scripture calls Jesus the Second Adam. Where does it say that His mother is the New Eve?
Peter started Christ's church in Jerusalem, not Rome. Brought 3,000 into the church, in Jerusalem, in one day. If Jesus started the Catholic church, is that where He will return? To be the Head Pope for 1,000 years? Does He set up His kingdom in Rome?
And why would Jesus pay such close attention to the churches that Paul started and not even mention His own Catholic one?

And yes, Peter died in Rome not as the first Pope but an escaped prisoner who had to flee Israel.
The Catholic church actually dug through the bones of the dead in the catacombs until they decided some of the bones must surely be Peters, and declared them as such.

And for the last time, The Vatican ll gave Mary the upgrade, not I:
"They noted that Vatican II had already stated that the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix." Nor, as some Catholics believe, is she a co-redemptrix.
That is false doctrine. There is only one. Jesus.
I've said all I need to say on the subject.

Forum List

Back