trump is a vulgar man

Obviously some of them are racist, and Trump repeats this racism. Does he even think about whether it's racist or not? Does he even care? He found out very early on in his political campaign in what, 2015? 2016? that he could say anything, and the more edgy it was, the more they liked him for it.
Yeah, he has to know that he's both exciting the base with the bad boy stuff, and angering the other side at the same time.

I wonder what the political calculus is for him. I wonder if there IS a political calculus, or if it's just about his base validating him.

I don't actually know for sure to what degree this is a race thing. Obviously it is a component, but more and more this appears to be about their perception of Good vs. Evil. Look at the rage they show for Republican Never-Trumpers, for example.

One of the many frustrating things about this disaster is that it's all but impossible to communicate with them, to fully understand their motivations. They just automatically go full ersatz talk radio and waterboard you with the same misinformation.

They've imbued a degree of their own identity with Trump. You never, every imbue a popular cultural figure with your identity. Parasocial relationships are self delusions. Worse, it blinds you to the faults of the individual you've idolized and identified with.

Once that's happened, their opinion is whatever they're told is.

Yeah, that's key. This has gone far beyond politics for them. Criticize him, and you're personally attacking them.

Exactly that. You never, ever, ever imbue your identity in a parasocial relationship. You don't model yourself after a fucking character on a reality TV show.

In many ways I think the rise of this emotional dependence on Trump by his followers is a symptom of a lack of real, substantive personal relationships in their own life. These are the kinds of things you should be investing in. Not fawning over someone on the TV.

Yeah, he has to know that he's both exciting the base with the bad boy stuff, and angering the other side at the same time.

I wonder what the political calculus is for him. I wonder if there IS a political calculus, or if it's just about his base validating him.

The way he just seems to say the same stuff the whole time, I think it's just him winging it all the time.

Trump is the MAGA ideal. Most of the old white guys are tired of being held accountable for their awful behavior. They're sick of being corrected when they demean or degrade other people. They want to return to an age when people who looked like them could be awful as they wanted to be, grab women by the pussy with no consequence, and insult anyone they wished.

That's why they idolize Trump. He gets away with treating people as badly as they wish they could.

As they've sadly equated demeaning other people with the possession of power.

I'm not saying if you're a Trump supporter, you're a bad person. I'm saying if you're a Trump supporter, you're probably a worse version of yourself than you were before supporting him.
Very well put.

The reason the right wing loons on here are so pissed all the time is because this very board forces them to be politically correct where they can’t say exactly what they feel about blacks and women. Deep down (or not so deep in the case of many) they hate themselves for letting themselves be cowed into compliance. For a while, the mods were cleaning up the ethnic slurs for Hispanics and the “f-word” used in reference to homosexuals but it looks like they’ve given up on that. Maybe they’lll start back up. Until then...no donations for USMB from me.

Its a Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Simple enough for you.

Keep the change.

Biden and Harris have killed and raped countless Americans with their criminal illegals. RAPED and MURDERED they are drenched in the blood of innocent Americans. Now shut the hell up clown.
It`s the Republicans who give them guns. BTW, the illegals commit fewer crimes than the people who have always lived here. Repeating what you heard from the orange convicted felon, will not make you look smart.

Yeah, I mean it's pretty obvious.

Trump attacking Kamala for not being black. It's just a way of being racist in a manner they think is "acceptable". They won't get called racist for it.

But it's there in their actions. You just have to see the patterns.
When did Trump “attack Kamala Harris for NOT being Black”? He called her out for always identifying as Indian before recently identifying as Black. How is that an “attack” vs. an observation?

Sheesh .. so much venting … 😄

Just about every lefty post was so maniacal,
Trump seems like a pussycat in comparison.

of course the old white males on here will love him for this
/—/ Trump is just saying what everyone else is thinking.

Yup, every Trumper claims they are the second smartest people in the whole world. What they don’t know is, everyone else with half a brain is tied for first.

Trump is a racist, bigot, and misogynist.

Forum List

Back