College: Fire professor who forced students to vote for Obama Read more: http://dail

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
College: Fire professor who forced students to vote for Obama | The Daily Caller

Sharon Sweet, an associate professor of mathematics at Brevard Community College in Florida, is guilty of electioneering, harassment, and incompetence, according to a three-month investigation into her classroom behavior leading up to the November election. The Board of Trustees will hold a hearing on the matter, and then vote on whether to adopt President James Richey’s recommendation that Sweet be fired.

she didn't force them to vote.

Signing a meaningless pledge card is not voting.

Uh, forced? Did someone change the meaning of that word while I wasn't looking?

Why should a mathematics teacher give any guidance to her students regarding political affiliation and voting?

She is paid to teach math, not to spread her personal political views.

Fire the bitch and get on with the education, not the indoctrination of students that paid to learn MATH!

Why should a mathematics teacher give any guidance to her students regarding political affiliation and voting?

She is paid to teach math, not to spread her personal political views.

Fire the bitch and get on with the education, not the indoctrination of students that paid to learn MATH!

I agree.
I had an instructor in college tell me I could not be a Christian and vote for Jimmy Carter.

Shameful - no matter which side you are trying to push

She didnt force anyone to do anything

Brevard CC Professor Caught Soliciting Students for Obama | Sunshine State News

She advocated for Obama in her classes, and handed out bookmarks that asked students to pledge to vote Dem.Obviously she crossed the line, she's been suspended without pay and will most likely resign.

If students (how ever foolishly) thought their graded in her class depended upon how they voted... Then she forced them.

Is there any evidence they thought that?

Handing out bookmarks that urge you to vote dem doesn't equal "your grades are dependant on your vote".

While, again, I think what she did crossed the line and she should lose her job, I also don't think making stuff up to sensationalize the story is valid either.

The parents of these students or the students themselves paid her to teach them MATH not shove her political view down their throats. Some kids may felt threatened if they did not sign that pledge and may get a poor grade ( we know it happens in other cases not just politics) that teachers bribe their students. This teacher needs to be fired PERIOD.

she didn't force them to vote.

Signing a meaningless pledge card is not voting.

So being a young impressionable student and the older supposedly knowledgeable professor makes fun of GoP/ sings the praises of Obama and the fellow classmates being as stupid as the teacher hoot and make fun of those INTELLIGENT thinking students how do you think that young student would lean???

I mean WHAT the hell is the term educator mean? In Latin it means "to lead"!!

So you have this "leader" dissing GOP/Romney and telling students what brillant Pres the Obamanation is.. what do you think the kids will think that are just forming their opinions??

There is NO way any of you who are smart, intelligent can argue that the teacher/educator influences the students... after all look at the idiotic following and slavish support of Obamatrons!

She didnt make people sign a pledge. She didnt hand out a pledge to sign. That is the daily caller exaggerating the story.

She handed out a bookmark that urged students to vote dem, and had a pro-Obama website. Somewhere on the website was a pledge you could sign that said you would vote a straight dem ticket.

She didnt force anyone to do anything

Brevard CC Professor Caught Soliciting Students for Obama | Sunshine State News

She advocated for Obama in her classes, and handed out bookmarks that asked students to pledge to vote Dem.Obviously she crossed the line, she's been suspended without pay and will most likely resign.

If students (how ever foolishly) thought their graded in her class depended upon how they voted... Then she forced them.

Nonsense.

Without having access to her students’ actual ballots there’s no way to determine who voted for whom, and no ‘force’ was involved.

Otherwise this is a partisan non-issue; had the same professor done the exact same thing except advocating for Romney, the OP would have never started a thread.

She didnt make people sign a pledge. She didnt hand out a pledge to sign. That is the daily caller exaggerating the story.

She handed out a bookmark that urged students to vote dem, and had a pro-Obama website. Somewhere on the website was a pledge you could sign that said you would vote a straight dem ticket.

Thanks for the clarifications.

I think she should face some discipline for handing them out, but probably not be fired now.

I was subjected to much worse ay my first college - but it was a private Southern Baptist college.

The parents of these students or the students themselves paid her to teach them MATH not shove her political view down their throats. Some kids may felt threatened if they did not sign that pledge and may get a poor grade ( we know it happens in other cases not just politics) that teachers bribe their students. This teacher needs to be fired PERIOD.

My God you are stupid. No one forced anyone to sign anything. I realize if you were a college student you'd do whatever your teachers told you to do.

I apologize for assuming that the OP made an honest and accurate report of the situation.

I WILL NOT make the same mistake with this poster.

Forum List

Back