College Football being managed by the dumbest college grads outside of the journalism schools

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019
This is just my opinion, but the guiding lights at the NCAA made two terrible decisions that has stabbed a great sport in the back

first - the transfer portal. Under current new rules a player can transfer any time for any reason and play for his new school immediately

second - the NIL - Cash for Name, Image, Likeness

now college players are jumping ship at a dizzying rate to play for the highest bidder

ultimately this will prove to be a disaster for college athletics and will have to change

This is just my opinion, but the guiding lights at the NCAA made two terrible decisions that has stabbed a great sport in the back

first - the transfer portal. Under current new rules a player can transfer any time for any reason and play for his new school immediately

now college players are jumping ship at a dizzying rate to play for the highest bidder

ultimately this will prove to be a disaster for college athletics and will have to change
Just going to be a big crooked free agent situation

If their letting female swimmers with wangers compete, just wait

You have no idea what is 3 steps ahead

These woke players get a full 4 yr ride and all the chicks they can fuck. That's enough

My NCAA rule would be that any athlete not carrying a 3.2 gpa is ineligble. College is like grade skewl now

I support no longer giving out scholarships to those who are able to make six figures or more as a student athlete.

I can see transferring one time for a valid reason without waiting a year

But this will get so crooked down the line. This is from someone who knew the Russia Hoax was a hoax from day 1

Perhaps so but it was a court ruling, not something the NCAA enacted.

The NCAA didn't do it.
The NCAA wrote the rules that created this mess

the first mistake was the transfer portal

it should not be as wide open as it is now

limit transfer to one per student and have a one month window of opportunity after the season ends

and yes, the NIL was an NCAA decision not dictated by any court

The NIL is simply the athletes getting paid instead of the school. Other students are allowed to earn money will attending a university.

The NIL is simply the athletes getting paid instead of the school. Other students are allowed to earn money will attending a university.
Under current rules a player can change schools in the middle of the season

and next year some of them will if the price is right

Under current rules a player can change schools in the middle of the season

and next year some of them will if the price is right

The transfer portal rules should be changed. But the NIL is the right thing to do.

The transfer portal rules should be changed. But the NIL is the right thing to do.
My team is benefiting in a massive way from the NIL

they signed the cream of the offensive lineman in the 2022 class each of which will be paid $50,000 a year

another school is rumored to have spent $30 million on this year’s recruits and the signing period is not over yet

it does not hurt to pay athletes some money

many of the best players come from the slums and really need the money

but there has to be limits and control

Yep, next thing you know only one big money team will win year, after year, after year......................and be boring as hell.

You know, kinda like it is now

Roll Tide!

Yep, next thing you know only one big money team will win year, after year, after year......................and be boring as hell.

Roll Tide!

I guess the other schools are incapable of beating Saban year in and year out? The NIL is relatively new. It certainly does not explain the success of the Crimson Tide.

Roll Tide!
Nick saban wont live forever

I guess the other schools are incapable of beating Saban year in and year out? The NIL is relatively new. It certainly does not explain the success of the Crimson Tide.
It is what it is.

Enjoy the second SEC championship game of the year.

Forum List

Back