Colorado Screws All Surplus .mil Vehicle Owners

My '74 ford f100 doesn't meet the DOT standard either... Should Colorado be able to stop licencing my vehicle?

Actually, yes. In Denver, your vehicle would be given a reasonable amount of time to conform to the DOT and then it becomes private off road use only. If you get stopped anywhere in the state and your vehicle is clearly in error with the DOT then get ready for a ticket. Enough of those (3 I think) and you get to explain yourself in front of a Judge with a nice fine and possible loss of license.

Actually, yes. In Denver, your vehicle would be given a reasonable amount of time to conform to the DOT and then it becomes private off road use only. If you get stopped anywhere in the state and your vehicle is clearly in error with the DOT then get ready for a ticket. Enough of those (3 I think) and you get to explain yourself in front of a Judge with a nice fine and possible loss of license.
In '74 there were no shoulder harness seatbelts...and the dash is made of steel. There is also no catalytic converter or any emissions control of any kind. Non-compliant....but still 100% legal.

In '74 there were no shoulder harness seatbelts...and the dash is made of steel. There is also no catalytic converter or any emissions control of any kind. Non-compliant....but still 100% legal.

I drove older classic vehicles for decades. They were grand fathered in. The Humvee was not. It's big, cumbersome, smelly and more. And it never met an exhaust law it didn't feel the need to crush. Not only that, at 60mph, it has a problem of wandering and you have to stay on top of it at all times. This means that it's not suitable for interstate at all. And way too cumbersome for around town. It's a novelty. Park it next to your M-4 and M-6.

I drove older classic vehicles for decades. They were grand fathered in. The Humvee was not. It's big, cumbersome, smelly and more. And it never met an exhaust law it didn't feel the need to crush. Not only that, at 60mph, it has a problem of wandering and you have to stay on top of it at all times. This means that it's not suitable for interstate at all. And way too cumbersome for around town. It's a novelty. Park it next to your M-4 and M-6.

If it's not suitable to drive on publics roads, then the government should never have been allowed to use it on public roads either.

There is an unacceptable hubris in government being allowed to impose laws on the people, that it will not itself obey.

If government is going to build a vehicle for its own use, and operate that vehicle on public roads, then it has no legitimate basis, should any of those vehicles go on to be legitimately possessed by the people, from prohibiting the people from operating those same vehicles on the same public roads.

Anyone who thinks this is only affecting the humvees is incorrect. People are having their H1 Hummers title revoked, and people with vintage WWII Jeeps, Korean War Dodges, etc are either having their titles revoked or denied titling. We've even seen someone get their title revoked for their civilian 1942 Studebaker Sedan because someone at the DMV googled the car and saw a picture of one in use as a staff car. They passed this bill under the guise of exempting historic vehicles and that it was only going after HMWWVs and LMTVs , but once the Colorado Department of Revenue got their hands on it, they passed a policy banning anything that might gave had OD paint on it and then some.

Anyone who thinks this is only affecting the humvees is incorrect. People are having their H1 Hummers title revoked, and people with vintage WWII Jeeps, Korean War Dodges, etc are either having their titles revoked or denied titling. We've even seen someone get their title revoked for their civilian 1942 Studebaker Sedan because someone at the DMV googled the car and saw a picture of one in use as a staff car. They passed this bill under the guise of exempting historic vehicles and that it was only going after HMWWVs and LMTVs , but once the Colorado Department of Revenue got their hands on it, they passed a policy banning anything that might gave had OD paint on it and then some.

You can stop lying now. The H1 Hummer is based on the Suburban which is having zero problems with licensing and registration for the street. The CJ-2 is the civilian version of the JEEP (MB and GPW) are also not having any problems with it either. I can't figure out just how stupid you can get but I am sure you will surprise me.

You can stop lying now. The H1 Hummer is based on the Suburban which is having zero problems with licensing and registration for the street. … I can't figure out just how stupid you can get but I am sure you will surprise me.

The Hummer H2 is based on the Suburban platform.

The H1 is indeed based on the original Humvee; built as a street-legal civilian version thereof.

The DMV cannot pass any policies. Only the voters, legislators or governors office can do that. Your lying is showing your hate.

Forum List

Back