Comprehensive Guide To Deceptively-Edited Videos Against Planned Parenthood

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Since July 14, a previously unknown anti-choice group called the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) has released eight videos containing undercover footage of discussions with Planned Parenthood personnel and staff members of private, for-profit biomedical procurement companies. The videos purport to show, and the accompanying press releases allege, that Planned Parenthood is illegally selling fetal tissue and altering abortion procedures in order to profit from the sale of fetal tissue. Scores of media outlets have reported that the combined footage shows no illegal behavior by, or on behalf of, Planned Parenthood, and that the words of Planned Parenthood personnel who were secretly filmed have been "grossly [taken] out of context."

First Video: Uses Deceptive Edits To Claim Planned Parenthood Is Illegally Selling Fetal Tissue

Second Video: Edited To Make Planned Parenthood Look Like It Is "Haggling Over Payments"

Third Video: Ex-StemExpress Employee Claims Planned Parenthood Profits From Fetal Tissue Sales

Fourth Video: Edited Video Implies Planned Parenthood Is Hiding Criminal Acts

Fifth Video: Edited To Make Planned Parenthood Official Appear To Agree To Alter Abortion Procedures For Profit

Sixth Video: Ex-StemExpress Employee Alleges Fetal Tissue Sometimes Collected Without Consent

Seventh Video: Ex-StemExpress Employee Discusses Tissue Procurement

Eighth Video: Features StemExpress CEO, Claims To Document "Sale Of Aborted Baby Parts"

Ninth Video: Planned Parenthood: "The Video Released... Is Not About Planned Parenthood"

10th Video: Four Planned Parenthood Officials Discuss Fetal Tissue Compliance And Stigma

Independent Analysis Finds Evidence Of "Manipulation" In Undercover Videos

Media Have Roundly Called Out CMP For Accusing Planned Parenthood Of Illegal Acts, Which Videos Don't Show

Background On The Shady, Anti-Choice Group Behind The Deceptive Videos

Multiple Investigations Into Allegations Have Found No Illegal Activity By Planned Parenthood

DETAILS: A Comprehensive Guide To The Deceptively-Edited Videos Used Against Planned Parenthood

Abortion is legal. Ani-choice zealots lying about Planned Parenthood won't change that fact. Women have first priority!

Videos proven by forensics to be NOT edited. You're false narrative stinks of outright liying.

Videos proven by impartial nonpartisan forensic analysts to have been "doctored"...

Okay, so let's say the videos are "not doctored." Let's say, hypothetically, planned parenthood isn't making any money off of abortions.

Planned Parenthood preforms over 300,000 abortions a year. Whose paying for them? Over 50% of their income comes from performing abortions, that money has to come from somewhere. Wow, donors sure pony up a lot of dough just to kill babies. I wonder if killing babies is tax deductible? :dunno:

Abortion is legal. Ani-choice zealots lying about Planned Parenthood won't change that fact. Women have first priority!

Actually, it's not as legal as it used to be.

Not that I agree...just saying what is true.

States have been quitely hemming it in.

The camera doesn't lie. Notice the pro baby killers say the same thing. "Doctored and heavily edited videos". That is the argument being pushed.

Videos proven by forensics to be NOT edited. You're false narrative stinks of outright liying.

Videos proven by impartial nonpartisan forensic analysts to have been "doctored"...

So words were put in people's mouths? The people in the video never said what they said?

Or are you saying use of b-roll, common in all news broadcasts, equates with "being doctored"?

Okay, so let's say the videos are "not doctored." Let's say, hypothetically, planned parenthood isn't making any money off of abortions.

Planned Parenthood preforms over 300,000 abortions a year. Whose paying for them? Over 50% of their income comes from performing abortions, that money has to come from somewhere. Wow, donors sure pony up a lot of dough just to kill babies. I wonder if killing babies is tax deductible? :dunno:

Related; I just researched this up for Republicans Scared of Cecile Richards | Page 2 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

"Interesting. So I looked it up, it appears that the 1977 Hyde Amendment (not to be confused with a completely unrelated 1997 Hyde Amendment) forbids the use of federal funds to the DHHS (mostly medicaid) for abortions except in cases of life endangerment, rape, or incest. This is a bipartisan rider that's been attached to annual appropriations bills every year. Related is Executive Order 13535 signed by Obama on March 24, 2010 which reinforces the commitment to preservation of the Hyde Amendment's policy restricting federal funds for abortion in regards to the ACA.

So fed funded Medicaid and ACA won't pay for abortion except in cases of the mothers life being in danger, rape or incest. States, however, are not held to the Hyde Amendment for their portions of Medicaid and ACA funding and can use their portion to pay for abortions if they wish. Currently 4 states will pay for voluntary abortions, 13 require a court order to use state funds to pay for it, and the rest seem to follow the same guidelines as Hyde for their state funds.

In addition law says that, Gov. employees, military personal and their families, peace corps volunteers, indian health services clients, and federal prisoner's must pay for abortions out of pocket.

There is also a bi-partisan "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act" on the books from 2011, (which would basically make the Hyde Amendment rider permanent) the House passed it 251-175, but it wasn't expected to be brought up for a vote in the Senate because they wouldn't pass it? It was resent in Jan 2014, but I don't see any mention of what happened it after that.

Anyway, it looks to me like if you have an issue with "your" tax dollars being used to pay for voluntary abortions, you should talk to your state reps. (Sorry I lost the PDF link while I was researching stuff or I'd have posted it; it was from an anti-abortion group and had a full list of what states covered abortions and how under Medicaid. I recall that Hawaii was one of the ones that covered voluntary though not the other 3.)

I suppose if you think the mother should risk dying to have a child, or if you think the children of incest or rape should be born regardless of the mothers wishes, then that's a different ballgame."

Related; I just researched this up for Republicans Scared of Cecile Richards | Page 2 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

"Interesting. So I looked it up, it appears that the 1977 Hyde Amendment (not to be confused with a completely unrelated 1997 Hyde Amendment) forbids the use of federal funds to the DHHS (mostly medicaid) for abortions except in cases of life endangerment, rape, or incest. This is a bipartisan rider that's been attached to annual appropriations bills every year. Related is Executive Order 13535 signed by Obama on March 24, 2010 which reinforces the commitment to preservation of the Hyde Amendment's policy restricting federal funds for abortion in regards to the ACA.

So fed funded Medicaid and ACA won't pay for abortion except in cases of the mothers life being in danger, rape or incest. States, however, are not held to the Hyde Amendment for their portions of Medicaid and ACA funding and can use their portion to pay for abortions if they wish. Currently 4 states will pay for voluntary abortions, 13 require a court order to use state funds to pay for it, and the rest seem to follow the same guidelines as Hyde for their state funds.

In addition law says that, Gov. employees, military personal and their families, peace corps volunteers, indian health services clients, and federal prisoner's must pay for abortions out of pocket.

There is also a bi-partisan "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act" on the books from 2011, (which would basically make the Hyde Amendment rider permanent) the House passed it 251-175, but it wasn't expected to be brought up for a vote in the Senate because they wouldn't pass it? It was resent in Jan 2014, but I don't see any mention of what happened it after that.

Anyway, it looks to me like if you have an issue with "your" tax dollars being used to pay for voluntary abortions, you should talk to your state reps. (Sorry I lost the PDF link while I was researching stuff or I'd have posted it; it was from an anti-abortion group and had a full list of what states covered abortions and how under Medicaid. I recall that Hawaii was one of the ones that covered voluntary though not the other 3.)

I suppose if you think the mother should risk dying to have a child, or if you think the children of incest or rape should be born regardless of the mothers wishes, then that's a different ballgame."

Yeah, this is stuff that most folks know. The majority of government doesn't fund abortions except in cases where the mothers life is at risk. And the point is? That still leaves us with the question, WHO is funding all these infant homicides? It HAS to either be donors, or the allegations laid out in these videos. If it IS donors, my question is, are these donations tax deductible? If so, then indirectly, it STILL comes out of the tax payers pocket.

You can bet 95% of PP abortions are not paid for by the women themselves.
Negro women and NAI women use abortion as birth control.
Even when condoms and BC pills are offered free to these women their male sex partners refuse to use condoms and the women aren't disciplined enough or 'whatever' enough to remember to take a daily pill. These minority women, (not Hispanics not Asians) have enough children to bring the welfare cheque up just high enough to afford to purchase the latest Walmart 'fads', cost of the 'hair straightening' and those four inch plastic nails but not enough children that Grandma can't handle raising them.
The irony is another time and place negroes and NAI would be marching to the UN to demand PP stop committing genocide by the murder of hundreds of thousands of minority unborn babies.
If the NAIs don't stop the genocide by PP there will only be ten little Indians left in ten years.

Yeah, this is stuff that most folks know. The majority of government doesn't fund abortions except in cases where the mothers life is at risk. And the point is? That still leaves us with the question, WHO is funding all these infant homicides? It HAS to either be donors, or the allegations laid out in these videos. If it IS donors, my question is, are these donations tax deductible? If so, then indirectly, it STILL comes out of the tax payers pocket.

No offense, but have you ever heard of folks spending their /own/ money on stuff? Or maybe private health insurance?

Why do you believe it have to be paid for "donors" exactly?

"Tuesday at a hearing of the House Oversight Committee,

Chaffetz said, “Does Planned Parenthood really need federal subsidy? Does it need federal dollars? Every time we spend a federal dollar, what we’re doing is pulling money out of somebody’s pocket and we’re giving it to somebody else. What I don’t like, what I don’t want to tolerate, what I don’t want to become numb to is wasting those taxpayer dollars. And as best I can tell, we’re going to have a hearing here, this is an organization that doesn’t need federal subsidy. For the year ended June 14th — June of 2014, I should say, Planned Parenthood reported $127 million in revenue over expense expenses. They had $127 million more in revenue than they had in expenses. Yet between 2005 and 2013, in large part under Ms. Richards’ leadership, there was a 53% reduction in cancer screenings. 42% reduction in breast exams and breast care. I don’t understand why. I don’t understand why.”

He continued, “Let me give you a sense of the numbers that we’re talking about here. government dollars from taxpayers going to Planned Parenthood is roughly $528 million. $450 million of that comes in federal funds. roughly $390 million comes in the form of Medicaid. There has been a lot of bluster today about shutting down the government over Planned Parenthood. The funding amount that we’re talking about under title 10 is $60 million. I just told you that last year — last year they had more than 100 million, $100 million in revenue without expenses. and we’re talking about $60 million. roughly 4.6 of their total revenue.”

“Planned Parenthood is an organization with massive salaries. Ms. Richards makes nearly $600,000 a year. The person that runs the affiliates makes roughly $450,000 a year. I could be here for a long time listing out salaries. This is also an organization that seems to have exorbitant travel expenses. they spend more than $5 million in travel, first class tickets, private chartered aircraft. Roughly, they are spending $14,000 a day on travel. That’s a lot. That’s money that isn’t going to women’s healthcare. in 2012 and 2013, spent roughly 600 thousand dollars on blowout parties, chocolate champagne events and Salt and Pepper came and performed a concert. All kinds of celebrities and other hoopla, these are things they lost money doing, according to their tax record. in the past three years, they spent more than $67 million on fund-raising. they’re pretty good at it. That’s partly my point. they’re pretty good at fund-raising. they don’t necessarily need taxpayer dollars,” he added."
Where are the applications for running a PP abortion clinic?
Where can I get an invite to one of those 'Blow-out' parties? Do I need to bring my tropical weather clothes?
I've never been to Tahiti before. Let alone fly first class on a private jet like Richards does when she flies to New York to be on the Chris Matthews show.

^^ Now that kind of complaint I'm okay with, that's a reasonable issue to bring up.

However, as I understand it, the fed funding of medical shit. (Though admittedly I've not looked it up in a good number of years.) It's not that they're getting X $ for funding, but more that they're getting a "credit" after the fact for the services rendered that fall under covered services. (Correct me on this if I'm wrong.)

The other big part of that would be Medicaid, which isn't a "fed funding" at all, but rather a woman /choosing/ to go to PP because that is the doctor/office they choose to go to - so to eliminate PP "funding" from Medicaid you'd actually be fucking with a woman's right to choose her own doctor. (Which is already a sticky point because a lot of docs are refusing to accept Medicaid under ACA as it is.)

No offense, but have you ever heard of folks spending their /own/ money on stuff? Or maybe private health insurance?

Why do you believe it have to be paid for "donors" exactly?

Of course I have. But let us not be obtuse, speak falsely, or be disingenuous now, shall we?

If someone is going to pay to have an abortion done out of pocket or through their own insurance, they aren't going to PP. That was the logic here. Tell me, why would a woman go to PP and not use a referral from her own doctor or gynecologist?

It's well known that PP kills the babies of minorities, teenagers and college students that have no money and no where else to turn.

You're making a lot of assumptions. I went to a PP clinic because that's where I happened to go until college. I /still/ go to PP for breast x-rays and pap smears because my family doc doesn't have an x-ray machine in his office and well honestly I'd rather not have this guy give me a pap... (We live in a small town, I run into him at the store and stuff...)

You're making a lot of assumptions... I go to a PP clinic for breast x-rays and pap smears because my family doc doesn't have an x-ray machine in his office and well honestly I'd rather not have my fam doc give me ps's... (We live in a small town, I run into him at the store and stuff...)

Forum List

Back