Condoleeza Schools Liberal College Boy About "Torture"

Funny that that was on an American citizen.. by someone who is not qualified or allowed to use such a technique.. and appears to have been without the supervision like we have when this technique is used by the military/CIA/FBI etc

Non-citizen enemy combatants are not subject to the same 'rights' that our citizens are... just as they are not subject to the same rights as military combatants under the Geneva convention

Umm...You might want to review the decision of the SCOTUS in "Hamdan v. Rumsfeld". They ruled that Common Article 3 of the Geneva Convention DOES apply to "enemy combatants".

Umm...You might want to review the decision of the SCOTUS in "Hamdan v. Rumsfeld". They ruled that Common Article 3 of the Geneva Convention DOES apply to "enemy combatants".

Please stop trying to confuse the Koolaid drinkers with the law.

Sealy: Stop talking, please.

But what it in the end argues is that no decision made by an authority figure during a crisis can ever be critisized, no matter how improper or incorrect.

Brilliant straw man argument.

A total misrepresentation and exaggeration of Condi's position on the events following 9/11.

Notice the phrases employed here: "no decision" "can ever be criticized" "no matter how improper or incorrect"

If you get that impression from her words than you seriously need to examine your mind to see if there is any rational thought left in it.

She further degenerates into stating some irrelevant fact about guantanamo being considered a normal minimum security prison, as if that means anything. She tries to attack the young man's credibility by pointing out bits of information of which he was not aware. The young men were clearly underinformed, but that does nothing to strengthen her position.

Once again, you misrepresent her position, throwing up another straw man.

The key word that she stated was "model". What does "model" mean in the context of describing Guantanamo?

It means that it sets a high standard, one that is a "model" for other prisons of the same nature.

What merits the title "model"? Good prison conditions.

The "trials" that the military commissions act attempted to put through were sham trials, which allowed information gathered with the use of "coercive" methods, such as long periods of sleep depravation in stress positions naked for over a week, as evidence. A person in that state might confess to anything to make that treatment end, and that confession could be used to put them to death.

All we have is these detainees' word on whether or not they were tortured.

They have no medical histories and therefore the injuries they claim to have sustained at Guantanamo cannot be substantiated by any sort of fact.

Given that al-Qaeda's field manual instructs its followers to claim to have been tortured I have no doubt that these men are lying or blatantly exaggerating the state of their conditions at Guantanamo.

Could it be possible that there was mistreatment? Of course, it happened at Abu Ghraib. But until we have indisputable evidence of claimed "torture" then we have no reason to conclude that there was in fact torture.

Not to mention the fact that the three detainees who claim to have been forced to confess were released with no charges. So, no use of "coercive" evidence to be found here.

She is very articulate, no doubt. Incredibly intelligent woman (and a darn fine pianist).

But she's biased in favor of herself. She doesn't want to go to prison.

Besides, she talks about saving another three thousand lives. Why didn't Bush prevent the first three thousand?

They had plenty of warning.

I get so tired of this canard. All these years later, you people STILL have yet to produce any viable "warning" they had that would have allowed the government to stop 9/11.

My, my, such idiocy. We hung Germans that claimed "Orders are orders". But our own people lack such a moral compass that they cannot be expected to realize that what they are doing is illegal and immoral.

I hope that someday some of you that are endorsing this type of illegal and immoral actions get to experiance them directly.

Thats a stretch and a very poor comparison. Many died at the hands of German interogations. How many died from waterboarding.

Are you saying that a detainee has to die before we have the right to question these actions?

Immie

I'm say that yours' was a poor comparison.

Thats a stretch and a very poor comparison. Many died at the hands of German interogations. How many died from waterboarding.

Are you saying that a detainee has to die before we have the right to question these actions?

Immie

I'm say that yours' was a poor comparison.

Hint: Wasn't my comparison. ;) You can tell that by the first quote in the series.

I just asked you a question as an innocent bystander.

Immie

I love that woman,, see how patient she was? didn't shout him down or talk over him... that's a remarkable difference in the way the left operates.

well, it's easy to be patient when one doesn't have to deal with someone as stupid as you are.

:eusa_whistle:

oh...and it IS torture. that's why we prosecuted the Japanese for doing it. :cuckoo:

Prosecuted the Japanese for doing it? Are you serious? Saying that we prosecuted the Japanese for the stuff you pantywaist crybabies call "torture" at Gitmo is like saying we tried a rapist-murderer for indecent exposure.

Good GOD, get a history book.

You'd almost have a point if the Japanese hadn't done a whole lot of other crap other than waterboarding. Unfortunately for idiotic argument they did. Beheading, bastinado as they called it in the inquisition cutting of body parts even the old bamboo under the fingernails routine as well as starvation.

Look up the Bataan Death march sometime you idiot.

My personal favorite was when they forcefed prisoners uncooked rice and then poured water down their throats until the expanding rice made their innards explode. Creative bunch, those Japanese.

My, my, such idiocy. We hung Germans that claimed "Orders are orders". But our own people lack such a moral compass that they cannot be expected to realize that what they are doing is illegal and immoral.

I hope that someday some of you that are endorsing this type of illegal and immoral actions get to experiance them directly.

Immie

Might be nice if it was at least a possibility before we go sniveling around about "torture".

It's settled law...Waterboarding is torture. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Would that liberals were so willing to champion the idea of "settled law" when said decisions don't support them. THEN, suddenly, precedent means nothing except a jumping-off point for activism.

Americans defending torture.

I never thought I would see the day.

Americans defending those who planned 9/11. I never thought I would see the day.

Nice try at changing the subject.

But you fail as usual.

I didn't change the subject. The people you say were "tortured" planned the fucking attacks, you stupid fuck.
You would support giving these assholes a trial, so they can be released and blow up another skyscraper, wouldn't you, wouldnt you fuckhead? I guess Obama's pastor wasn't anti american enough for you, so you had to switch to defending al qaeda. Is that it, bitch?

Last edited:
Americans defending those who planned 9/11. I never thought I would see the day.

But you fail as usual.

I didn't change the subject. The people you say were "tortured" planned the fucking attacks, you stupid fuck.
You would support giving these assholes a trial, so they can be released and blow up another skyscraper, wouldn't you, wouldnt you fuckhead? I guess Obama's pastor wasn't anti american enough for you, so you had to switch to defending al qaeda. Is that it, bitch?

Some things just need to be responded to.

you are anti american. you stand against everything this country stands for. You support war crimes and injustice.

Fuck you, you asshole.

But you fail as usual.

Some things just need to be responded to.

you are anti american. you stand against everything this country stands for. You support war crimes and injustice.

Fuck you, you asshole.

Please try to understand. If KSM and Abu Zubaidah are granted trial in the US, as Obama is asking for, they will WALK. Any judge in America will throw the case out because their rights were violated. It would be an injustice to the 2973 people who the people killed on Sept. 11 and their families if Khlied Shiek Muhammed and Abu Zubaidah were set free.
It is hard for me to feel sorry that these people were waterboarded when they sent 2973 people to their deaths but not before much worse torture, i.e. falling 100 stories knowing you're going to hit the pavement or burning to death in the explosions... not to mention whatever happened on the planes themselves.

Please try to understand. If KSM and Abu Zubaidah are granted trial in the US, as Obama is asking for, they will WALK. Any judge in America will throw the case out because their rights were violated. It would be an injustice to the 2973 people who the people killed on Sept. 11 and their families if Khlied Shiek Muhammed and Abu Zubaidah were set free.
It is hard for me to feel sorry that these people were waterboarded when they sent 2973 people to their deaths but not before much worse torture, i.e. falling 100 stories knowing you're going to hit the pavement or burning to death in the explosions... not to mention whatever happened on the planes themselves.

Perhaps we should have thought of this before torturing them? But despite that, I don't think that's how it would work. Evidence that was found without torture exists, and that evidence can still be used.

I suggest you educate yourself on how exactly our justice system works.

Forum List

Back