Congress: Middle class incomes drop as immigration surges

I am amazed that when it comes to immigration otherwise smart people who are conservatives suddenly become morons. Like the OP. Correlation is not causation, especially here. Middle class incoems are low not because Mexicans are sneaking across the border and taking jobs from CPAs. They are low because the Obama-economy has reduced demand and incomes across the spectrum. Immigration is another issue.

THe Laws of Supply and Demand explain the connection.

Do you want to try to preform controlled experiments with large national economies with varying degrees of immigration and otherwise identical factors?

Want to tell me how you plan to do that?
No, you're right, it's better to simply assume causation because it looks right.
Now, what are you going to do about the carnage being caused by Nicholas Cage?

Funny how you missed my bit about how the Law of Supply and Demand explained the connection.

Would you like to explain the connection between Nicholas Cage and those deaths?

Do you want to try to preform controlled experiments with large national economies with varying degrees of immigration and otherwise identical factors?

No, you're right, it's better to simply assume causation because it looks right.

Funny how you missed my bit about how the Law of Supply and Demand explained the connection.

Would you like to explain the connection between Nicholas Cage and those deaths?
Except it doesnt. And there are other explanations that do a better job.

Please explain why importing millions of low skilled workers does not increase the supply of low skilled workers and thus lower price (ie wages).

Please explain why importing millions of low skilled workers does not increase the supply of low skilled workers and thus lower price (ie wages).
Perhaps you need to review the OP which talks about middle class workers.

Perhaps you need to consider that being in the Middle Class didn't use to require a college degree.

YOu know, before the labor market was flooded with cheap imports.

Perhaps you need to consider that being in the Middle Class didn't use to require a college degree.

Bush lied, people died. ANyone want the rest of this sandwich?

Did the idiots in Congress just figure this out.

Years after everyone else did?

This isn't immigration.

It's trespassing.

Given the numbers, and the time-frame, it's more like an invasion, quite honestly.

Nothing will be done about this on Obumble's watch.

Perhaps we (collectively) will begin to recover our sanity in such matters, after January 20, 2017.

I think the term "invasion" is a little bit of an exaggeration.
What do you call 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens, now present upon United States soil,without our express prior consent?

"Invasion" is a defensible metaphor, in this instance.

With the added side-benefit of serving as an ideal rallying-cry for those who advocate for us to fight and reverse this trend.
No, it isn't. How many invaders come over looking for work?

Sure, it's easy...it's in a graph...just like your argument.

Mexican immigrants are middle class? Who knew...
No, but that Plague of Locusts has eroded the tradesman's labor market and depressed wages and made decent-paying jobs more scarce for middle-class Americans.

Actually, as baby boomers retire, there is becoming a shortage of skilled trade workers. Jobs millennials don't wanna do...
Jobs the loser Boomers never wanted to do lol.

Too much of anything is not good and it's time to slow down immigration for awhile to catch up on assimilation. That includes legal immigration too.

View attachment 40356

Congress Middle class incomes drop as immigration surges WashingtonExaminer.com

Why blame immigration instead of "self-interest" on the part of our elected representatives:

The typical American family is still struggling to recover from the Great Recession, but Congress is getting wealthier every year.
The median net worth of lawmakers was just over $1 million in 2013, or 18 times the wealth of the typical American household, according to new research released Monday by the Center for Responsive Politics.

And while Americans' median wealth is down 43% since 2007, Congress members' net worth has jumped 28%.

(Some of the lawmakers in Congress change from year to year. The center bases its calculations on the financial disclosure forms of members in office on Jan. 12 each year.)

Source: Congress is getting richer - Jan. 12 2015

I have expanded the argument from the Graph.

An achievement you seem unable to match.

You also have not been able to dispute my point about Supply and Demand.

Hell, you are unable to address it at all.

I assume you understand it?

I'm not going to try to guess what you mean by that. It seems you are trying to blame a generations long decline on the actions of GWBush, but, with no explanation, I don't want to be accused of putting words in your mouth.

Your "achievement" appears to be chiefly in your head. You have explained nothing. You might as well attribute it to "the rule of 72".

Did the idiots in Congress just figure this out.

Years after everyone else did?

This isn't immigration.

It's trespassing.

Given the numbers, and the time-frame, it's more like an invasion, quite honestly.

Nothing will be done about this on Obumble's watch.

Perhaps we (collectively) will begin to recover our sanity in such matters, after January 20, 2017.

I think the term "invasion" is a little bit of an exaggeration.
What do you call 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens, now present upon United States soil,without our express prior consent?

"Invasion" is a defensible metaphor, in this instance.

With the added side-benefit of serving as an ideal rallying-cry for those who advocate for us to fight and reverse this trend.
No, it isn't. How many invaders come over looking for work?

Millions upon millions.

I'm not going to try to guess what you mean by that. It seems you are trying to blame a generations long decline on the actions of GWBush, but, with no explanation, I don't want to be accused of putting words in your mouth.
What I mean is that your post is mere gibberish.

You haven't expanded anything.
You've made a suggestion with no supporting evidence.

Your "achievement" appears to be chiefly in your head. You have explained nothing. You might as well attribute it to "the rule of 72".

If you disagree, then explain your disagreement.

Pretending to not see my argument is pathetic.

Forum List

Back