Congresscritters plan retirement to avoid Obamacare

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Wait, I thought this was the best thing ever.

Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.
The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.
Democratic and Republican leaders are taking the issue seriously, but first they need more specifics from the Office of Personnel Management on how the new rule should take effect — a decision that Capitol Hill sources expect by fall, at the latest. The administration has clammed up in advance of a ruling, sources on both sides of the aisle said.

I really like this part.

Rep. John Larson, a Connecticut Democrat in leadership when the law passed, said he thinks the problem will be resolved.
“If not, I think we should begin an immediate amicus brief to say, ‘Listen this is simply not fair to these employees,’” Larson told POLITICO. “They are federal employees.”

Obamacare? We were just leaving ? - Anna Palmer and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

What about the rest of us?

And what exactly is so special about a federal employee? They are less deserving to be raped by our oppressive government than the rest of us?

The list of people looking for exemptions is growing longer than the list of people looking for insurance...

SMH - Our gov't is in free-fall...

The list of people looking for exemptions is growing longer than the list of people looking for insurance...

nice link!

or was I just supposed to believe your flapping gums?

It was an observation...

I have never put anyone on ignore before --- can somebody tell me how that is done?

Not sure I am willing to put up with this infantile imbecile much more...

nice link!

or was I just supposed to believe your flapping gums?

It was an observation...

I have never put anyone on ignore before --- can somebody tell me how that is done?

Not sure I am willing to put up with this infantile imbecile much more.

don't do that, you will have more fun pointing out what an idiot he/she is

And what exactly is so special about a federal employee? They are less deserving to be raped by our oppressive government than the rest of us?

As of right now, the only thing "special" about them is that they are being forced into the exchanges.

No one else is.

Good. I can't think of a better group to start with. Besides, I thought the exchanges were supposed to lower everyone's premiums, thus, this should be a good thing, right?

Unless, of course, they lied.

Watch for Congress to attempt big increases in pay for federal employees in order to offset the extra cost.

Sniff, Sniff, slobber, sniff...

Every person who voted for Obama-care should have been required to be on it from the git go.

Wait, I thought this was the best thing ever.

Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.
The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.
Democratic and Republican leaders are taking the issue seriously, but first they need more specifics from the Office of Personnel Management on how the new rule should take effect — a decision that Capitol Hill sources expect by fall, at the latest. The administration has clammed up in advance of a ruling, sources on both sides of the aisle said.

I really like this part.

Rep. John Larson, a Connecticut Democrat in leadership when the law passed, said he thinks the problem will be resolved.
“If not, I think we should begin an immediate amicus brief to say, ‘Listen this is simply not fair to these employees,’” Larson told POLITICO. “They are federal employees.”

Obamacare? We were just leaving ? - Anna Palmer and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

What about the rest of us?
The rest of us? Those congresscritters are so divorced from the real needs of the people of this nation, they certainly don't want themselves inconvenienced in the way they intend to inconvenience everybody else! They think they're goddamned royalty!

Forum List

Back