Congressional hearings (not a Benghazi thread)

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Is anyone else tired of all the hearings congress holds? How many tax dollars have been wasted on stupid shit that has nothing to do with politics? Bicycle riders, baseball players etc...

WHY does congress constantly stick it's nose in the private affairs of these people and institutions? And what authority do they have that allows them to waste our tax dollars holding live Jerry Springer episodes?

I mean seriously, who gives a fuck if some schmuck did drugs while riding his bicycle. ...

It seems that you might have a skewed overly simplistic view of the function of congress gramps. Congress has Constitutional oversight responsibility over the executive branch. They don't do it for fun. They get paid anyway so worrying about the cost of hearings is a little strange.

It seems that you might have a skewed overly simplistic view of the function of congress gramps. Congress has Constitutional oversight responsibility over the executive branch. They don't do it for fun. They get paid anyway so worrying about the cost of hearings is a little strange.

There would not be a problem if Congress did perform Constitutional oversight responsibility over the executive branch. However, it has been a very long time since
congress performed any kind of significant oversight to the executive branch.

• Banned

I get that but what exactly do drugs in sports and other private instances have to do with oversight?

And I do consider it a waste of funds because we are paying them to do a job not meddle in the affairs of private Americans.

I couldn't agree more! But then again, Congress wants to do anything BUT tackle real issues that we as Americans are facing right now. ANYTHING that can get these people to not have to do any REAL legislative work, they will jump on it like white on rice.

Perhaps we should propose an I.Q. test and a common sense test to our beloved politicians.. I bet more than half would fail..

Then after that. Congressional reviews, where they all get evaluated.. if they fail the evaluation, then they are out...

Something has to change, or we will allow them to send us into oblivion

Last edited:

Forum List

Back