Congressman delivers Epic Indictment on Obama

F&F didn't kill anyone. Mexican Drug cartels members did. If you want to blame someone blame the genius who put in place the "Shoot um with Bean Bag rounds first" policy. If you want to blame a federal policy, blame the fascist War on Drugs.

Implying that the President leadership is in anyway responsible for the death those Mexican banditos doled out that night, along with his other rants, is just embarrassing.

F&F is just one of a string of very upsetting scandals. Boo, there's really no defending him at this point; he's the boss, and his operation f'ed up many, many times. Just like a CEO of a company that sold poisonous lead toys to toddlers, Obama needs to be held accountable.

This isn't a Democrat/Republican issue, it's an issue of a man who has not shied away from using his executive powers to violate our safety, privacy, and trust. I was just as critical when Bush was in office 5 years ago.

He's a bad President. Let's accept this and move to the next step..

In reality, Fast and Furious is but one of the many cries of "Wolfe" against the President from the Republican echo chamber. This one like so many before and so many after have been thoroughly debunked and relegated to the dustbin of history.

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

Once again, F&F is just one of many. On its own I really wouldn't focus too much attention on it, especially if Obama was in process of jailing some bankers, promoting transparency, respecting Constitution (ie by vetoing NDAA, ect).

But how about all of the other recent MAJOR scandals?

Red meat for the base, nothing more, nothing less. Nobody else cares.

Why is it only the base that cares about the truth? Why don't the scandals and corruption of this administration bother you?

Maybe because the general public got their fill of "scandals" right around the time Ken Starr spent $70 million in tax payer money for a whole lot of nothing. And, during that same time, al Qaeda was gaining in strength, but congress refused to support Clinton when it came to launching a defense against them because they were soooooo "busy" worrying about all of the "scandals" of the Clinton administration. We are saturated. Get back to us when you've got some serious hard-core evidence on which to impeach Obama.

Fun fact: After much investigation, Hillary Clinton actually, in fact, did NOT kill Vince Foster.

F&F is just one of a string of very upsetting scandals. Boo, there's really no defending him at this point; he's the boss, and his operation f'ed up many, many times. Just like a CEO of a company that sold poisonous lead toys to toddlers, Obama needs to be held accountable.

This isn't a Democrat/Republican issue, it's an issue of a man who has not shied away from using his executive powers to violate our safety, privacy, and trust. I was just as critical when Bush was in office 5 years ago.

He's a bad President. Let's accept this and move to the next step..

In reality, Fast and Furious is but one of the many cries of "Wolfe" against the President from the Republican echo chamber. This one like so many before and so many after have been thoroughly debunked and relegated to the dustbin of history.

Once again, F&F is just one of many. On its own I really wouldn't focus too much attention on it, especially if Obama was in process of jailing some bankers, promoting transparency, respecting Constitution (ie by vetoing NDAA, ect).

They are all cries of "Wolfe" to whip the base into a good froth. It's going to be another summer of endless investigation to distract from the fact the nothing is getting done.

They are all cries of "Wolfe" to whip the base into a good froth. It's going to be another summer of endless investigation to distract from the fact the nothing is getting done.

Not at all concerned your gov't is obtaining phone, internet data of millions of domestic individuals (secretly), targeting certain political groups with our tax agency, hacking into the personal information of independent journalists, conducting drone strikes on innocent civilians, appointing Monsanto execs to the food regulating arm that regulates Monsanto, not prosecuting bankers after fraud crashed our economy in 2008, and PROSECUTING individuals who call out wrongdoing within our gov't?

Wow, what would it take for you to give a damn?

How the heck is getting mad over our gov't hacking into the personal info of journalists crying wolf?! That's a legitimate f'ing concern.

I think there's absolutely zero reason our tax dollars should be going to spying on journalists, but if you have a good one, I'm all ears. Rather keep those hard earned dollars to pay off my student loans.

Last edited:
Yes he vomited a bunch of specious claims with no basis in reality..and conservatives are cheering.

Gotta love it.

Lol, no basis in reality?

1.) Fast and Furious operation happened, and a US citizen was killed with one of the guns. FACT

2.) The State Dept. told the entire United States that "a video was the cause" of the Bengazi attacks (ie provoked mob), despite the fact that it was clear within a day or so of the event that it was a pre-planned terrorist strike. FACT

3.) The Attorney General's office spied on a Fox news reporter (this has been all over the news as of recent). FACT

4.) The Justice Dept did confiscate phone records of AP journalists (this has also been all over the news). AP has publicly expressed its outrage over this. FACT

5.) The IRS did target conservative groups. This was admitted. FACT

6.) The Health and Human services Secretary did lobby the insurance companies. This came out a few days ago and she said it was "common practice". FACT

Not sure where you're coming from, Mr. Sallow.

Lets go point by point.

1. The program was introduced by the Bush administration. It was called Operation Wide Receiver. That actually introduced guns with tracking devices. It failed because the people buying the guns discovered the tracking devices and removed them. The program was restarted by the Justice Department and THIS time, no guns were introduced. Fast and Furious just WATCHED the sales and tracked what was going on. The border patrol officer that was killed in the fire fight was killed by a weapon that has yet to be traced.

2. That's correct. And they amended that talking point 3 days later. The talking points were given to the State Department by the CIA. When they were introduced to the morning shows they were given with the caveat that the information was developing and the situation was still fluid.

3. The Justice Department conducted surveillance that was legal under the Patriot Act.

4. Again, legal under the Patriot Act.

5. They profiled conservative groups via keywords. They also profiled liberal groups. No conservative group was denied 501c status. One or more liberal groups were. However, the IRS was breaking the law by giving most of these groups 501c status and has been for close to 50 years. The law says "EXCLUSIVELY run for Social Welfare" the regulation says "PRIMARILY run for Social Welfare". That's illegal.

It's starting to wear a bit thin.

Yes he vomited a bunch of specious claims with no basis in reality..and conservatives are cheering.

Gotta love it.

1.) Fast and Furious operation happened, and a US citizen was killed with one of the guns. FACT

2.) The State Dept. told the entire United States that "a video was the cause" of the Bengazi attacks (ie provoked mob), despite the fact that it was clear within a day or so of the event that it was a pre-planned terrorist strike. FACT

3.) The Attorney General's office spied on a Fox news reporter (this has been all over the news as of recent). FACT

4.) The Justice Dept did confiscate phone records of AP journalists (this has also been all over the news). AP has publicly expressed its outrage over this. FACT

6.) The Health and Human services Secretary did lobby the insurance companies. This came out a few days ago and she said it was "common practice". FACT

Lets go point by point.

1. The program was introduced by the Bush administration. It was called Operation Wide Receiver. That actually introduced guns with tracking devices. It failed because the people buying the guns discovered the tracking devices and removed them. The program was restarted by the Justice Department and THIS time, no guns were introduced. Fast and Furious just WATCHED the sales and tracked what was going on. The border patrol officer that was killed in the fire fight was killed by a weapon that has yet to be traced.

2. That's correct. And they amended that talking point 3 days later. The talking points were given to the State Department by the CIA. When they were introduced to the morning shows they were given with the caveat that the information was developing and the situation was still fluid.

3. The Justice Department conducted surveillance that was legal under the Patriot Act.

5. They profiled conservative groups via keywords. They also profiled liberal groups. No conservative group was denied 501c status. One or more liberal groups were. However, the IRS was breaking the law by giving most of these groups 501c status and has been for close to 50 years. The law says "EXCLUSIVELY run for Social Welfare" the regulation says "PRIMARILY run for Social Welfare". That's illegal.

Sallow, I'm not a republican. My dislike of Bush rivals my dislike of Obama. Democrats despised the Patriot act when Bush was running the show, so why the free pass for Obama?

Also, because the Patriot Act is "law", that means this is all now OK to exploit it to the utmost degree?

What sort of citizen are you?

Last edited:

Lets go point by point.

Sallow, I'm not a republican. Democrats despised the Patriot act when Bush was running the show, so why the free pass for Obama?

So because the Patriot Act is law, that means this is all now OK?

Read my posts.

Anyone even slightly familiar with them, knows how much I despise the AUMF and the Patriot Act.

Lets go point by point.

Sallow, I'm not a republican. Democrats despised the Patriot act when Bush was running the show, so why the free pass for Obama?

So because the Patriot Act is law, that means this is all now OK?

Read my posts.

Anyone even slightly familiar with them, knows how much I despise the AUMF and the Patriot Act.

Then why are defending Obama for taking full advantage of that "law"?

Where's your outrage?

Why are you countering me, who is also against that law? (ie what's your goal?)

Note: never did I claim what Obama was doing was "illegal"; my claim was it was unethical and places him in the same category as Bush.

Last edited:

Did he mention ending the GOP's Iraq War Mistake, undoing the Bush Recession with the smashing success of the stimulus, and lowering the deficit with higher taxes on the leisure classes?

I'm an avid Bush criticizer; totally disliked the man an his policies. Totally disliked the fact he started many of the policies Obama is choosing to continue and exploit.

But he's not in office anymore and to condemn him is a waste of time, period. As a logical person, I'm saying it's a waste of time.

Q: Would you like this Congressperson to focus on those who are in power today making bad decisions (ie where something can be done), or would you rather him squalor about the past and condemn folks who are now retired and out of public office?

Your choice...

Last edited:

Not at all concerned your gov't is obtaining phone, internet data of millions of domestic individuals (secretly), targeting certain political groups with our tax agency, hacking into the personal information of independent journalists, conducting drone strikes on innocent civilians, appointing Monsanto execs to the food regulating arm that regulates Monsanto, not prosecuting bankers after fraud crashed our economy in 2008, and PROSECUTING individuals who call out wrongdoing within our gov't?

Wow, what would it take for you to give a damn?

How the heck is getting mad over our gov't hacking into the personal info of journalists crying wolf?! That's a legitimate f'ing concern.

I think there's absolutely zero reason our tax dollars should be going to spying on journalists, but if you have a good one, I'm all ears. Rather keep those hard earned dollars to pay off my student loans.

I have the same position on the gathering of phone company records since it was first brought to the public sphere 7 years ago. Sorry if you think it's somehow new or a scandal.

If the President ordered someone at the IRS to target his political enemies then it will be a scandal and I would expect him to resign. No information has been released that shows this was the case.

I haven't heard of any Scandal involving the Government hacking any journalist. Now there is a story about subpoenaed phone records in an investigation into leaks of classified information. Is that what you're talking about?

How are drone strikes any different that cruise missile strikes? Or strikes from a jet fighter? It's nothing new and my position on them is the same as it ever was. Don't see a scandal there either. Should we not be targeting the people who would kill innocent Americans?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIr4To3EzK8]The Guess Who - "Clap For The Wolfman" (1974) Tribute "Wolfman Jack" (1938-1995) - YouTube[/ame]

It's starting to wear a bit thin.

It's a war of attrition.

I have the same position on the gathering of phone company records since it was first brought to the public sphere 7 years ago. Sorry if you think it's somehow new or a scandal.

If the President ordered someone at the IRS to target his political enemies then it will be a scandal and I would expect him to resign. No information has been released that shows this was the case.

I haven't heard of any Scandal involving the Government hacking any journalist. Now there is a story about subpoenaed phone records in an investigation into leaks of classified information. Is that what you're talking about?

How are drone strikes any different that cruise missile strikes? Or strikes from a jet fighter? It's nothing new and my position on them is the same as it ever was. Don't see a scandal there either. Should we not be targeting the people who would kill innocent Americans?

Again Boo, never claimed it was a new scandal, just stating that it's been taking place under Obama's watch for at least 4 years. The man promised us gov't transparency and honesty and we received neither (so I'm calling him out on it).

The IRS scandal is still unfolding - I give you that - but nonetheless it took place under Obama's watch (he's is ultimately the guy in charge, right?) and it has become apparent that high level officials were well aware of what was going on by May of last year (and did not report the issue to Congress); this was despite a probe around that same time asking questions about IRS targeting specific groups. Super convenient everyone's mouth was shut on this until now during an election year, right?

"Hacking" was with reference to the Gov't obtaining phone information in connection to over 100 AP journalists. Yes, I know the gov't says it was "with regards to National Security interests", but I don't think anyone really buys that excuse anymore (do you?). It's a completely lame explanation and I aint buying it.

I'm not an expert on Military weapons and effectiveness, but I do know that there was a Columbia Law School Study that concluded drone strikes kill approx. 50 citizens for every 1 actual terrorist. Many of those civilians are little kids who (in Obama's own words) "never [saw] it coming". He has a funny little joke about that here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKG6ZmgAX4]Obama Jokes About Killing Jonas Brothers With Predator Drones - YouTube[/ame]

I dunno Boo. You can choose to like the guy - that's your prerogative. I feel like I have some pretty darn legitimate complaints, and that he's a scumbag just like the Bush/Cheney duo.

Last edited:

Again Boo, never claimed it was a new scandal, just stating that it's been taking place under Obama's watch for at least 4 years. The man promised us gov't transparency and honesty and we received neither (so I'm calling him out on it).

The IRS scandal is still unfolding - I give you that - but nonetheless it took place under Obama's watch (he's is ultimately the guy in charge, right?) and it has become apparent that high level officials were well aware of what was going on by May of last year (and did not report the issue to Congress); this was despite a probe around that same time asking questions about IRS targeting specific groups. Super convenient everyone's mouth was shut on this until now during an election year, right?

"Hacking" was with reference to the Gov't obtaining phone information in connection to over 100 AP journalists. Yes, I know the gov't says it was "with regards to National Security interests", but I don't think anyone really buys that excuse anymore (do you?). It's a completely lame explanation and I aint buying it.

I'm not an expert on Military weapons and effectiveness, but I do know that there was a Columbia Law School Study that concluded drone strikes kill approx. 50 citizens for every 1 actual terrorist. Many of those civilians are little kids who (in Obama's own words) "never [saw] it coming". He has a funny little joke about that here:

I dunno Boo. You can choose to like the guy - that's your prerogative. I feel like I have some pretty darn legitimate complaints, and that he's a scumbag just like the Bush/Cheney duo.

If it's a scandal then all branches of government are involved. But a big thanks go out to the Guardian for reminding all the terrorist that we monitor every single phone call!

All lot of things have happened under his watch, but I'm not prepared to charge him with the militaries rape scandal just yet either, but hell, he's the CiC!

Yes the Justice Department investigating leaks again. With all the scrutiny these guy have been under during the last 5 year I'm pretty sure they've dotted all the t's and crossed all the i's to make sure that the way they went about getting the subpoenas was legal. It is irresponsible to call that hacking.

I agree with targeted killing of terrorist with drones, marines, cruise missiles, jet fighter strikes.... I don't approve of blind strikes or follow up strikes on first responders but I still don't see it as a scandal.

So in essence I feel that the Congressman's address was not an epic indictment but an all too familiar rant with little or no actual basis in reality with regards to these complex issues that confront us today.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back