Conspiracy in the IL Gas Price Increase

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I hope Lisa Madigan is looking into this. Overnight the gas prices shot up $0.30-$0.40 a gallon in IL. This is despite the fact oil per barrel has been dropping. So what is the excuse for the price gouging? It was reported they are having mechanic issues at the main refinery that provides IL gas!

I call bullshit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Lisa Madigan is looking into this. Overnight the gas prices shot up $0.30-$0.40 a gallon in IL. This is despite the fact oil per barrel has been dropping. So what is the excuse for the price gouging? It was reported they are having mechanic issues at the main refinery that provides IL gas!

I call bullshit!

Welcome to California for the last several years. What are you paying right now?

I call bullshit!

Google is your friend: Analysts Expect price hike at the pump WTHITV.com

While the price of crude oil is down, the cost of gas across the Midwest is not.

Analysts at Gas Buddy say to expect a 15 to 30 cent increase per gallon of gas.

They attribute the increase to unexpected issues at BP’s Whitling, Indiana refinery.

The refinery is the largest in the Midwest.

Concern over a lower gas supply from the refinery is likely the reason for the sudden price hike.

They misspelled Whiting.

I call bullshit!

Welcome to California for the last several years. What are you paying right now?
Il and CA are about the same, but blaming the gauging on something that happened in the refinery sounds awful fishy.

I call bullshit!

Google is your friend: Analysts Expect price hike at the pump WTHITV.com

While the price of crude oil is down, the cost of gas across the Midwest is not.

Analysts at Gas Buddy say to expect a 15 to 30 cent increase per gallon of gas.

They attribute the increase to unexpected issues at BP’s Whitling, Indiana refinery.

The refinery is the largest in the Midwest.

Concern over a lower gas supply from the refinery is likely the reason for the sudden price hike.

They misspelled Whiting.
Unexpected issues my ass! The worthless AG better get on this, but she won't. She is more corrupt then her father!

I call bullshit!

She still in office?

Damn Illinois folks are stupid

I call bullshit!

Its all over pal, our's went up 59cents....its called back to school hustling.

Filled up my wife's car for $2.37/gallon on Tuesday afternoon. Was up to $3/gallon yesterday afternoon.

I call bullshit!

Its all over pal, our's went up 59cents....its called back to school hustling.
Yeah, it is about that time of year, isn't it?
It also seems a little too convenient that refineries start "breaking" or "need maintenance" whenever gas prices start getting a bit low.

I call bullshit!

1.97 here

I call bullshit!

1.97 here
Now you are just being mean. I paid 2.79!

I call bullshit!

1.97 here
Now you are just being mean. I paid 2.79!

It's actually 2.12, but I get .15 cents off per gallon making it 1.97 per gallon.

Where I am it's average $4.69. I have seen some stations at $5.19. In Bel Air where the really super rich are, it's $3.79

Forum List

Back