Constitution Wins...Trump Loses

:lol:

Yes, there are "two sets" of rules - those that the government has to follow, and those that the people have to follow.

Why is that so hard for you to understand? The entire Constitution is essentially made up of rules that the government has to follow, but don't apply to private individuals.
Cool. Two sets of rules, one for the elite and one for the serf.

Must be a Democrat. :)

Do you believe that the same "rules" apply to you and to the President?

Try walking past the guards at the White House, and see what happens.
It's not a government account. :)
Trump says it is....he did this to keep Twitter from the possibility of closing his twitter account..which they can do..to anyone they wish..according to their TOS..but they cannot do it to Trump..because it's an official govt. record.

Trump cannot have it both ways..and neither can you.
Twitter won't close his account. He made them famous.

But of course, according to their TOS they can close his personal account. That is equal application of the law. :)
Well..Trump was not comfortable with, "Equal application of the law"--so now he reaps what he sowed...for not the first, not the last, time .

Cool. Two sets of rules, one for the elite and one for the serf.

Must be a Democrat. :)

Trump says it is....he did this to keep Twitter from the possibility of closing his twitter account..which they can do..to anyone they wish..according to their TOS..but they cannot do it to Trump..because it's an official govt. record.

But of course, according to their TOS they can close his personal account. That is equal application of the law. :)
Well..Trump was not comfortable with, "Equal application of the law"--so now he reaps what he sowed...for not the first, not the last, time .
Doesn't matter what he's comfortable with. Same Twitter rules apply equally to every personal account.

Or, according to some judge, they don't. :)

Doesn't matter what he's comfortable with. Same Twitter rules apply equally to every personal account.

Lol! Tell me..if Twitter deleted Trump's account..giving no reason--how Loud would you scream Censorship?

How many times would you contend that his 1st amendment rights were being violated?

Perhaps you wouldn't..I think you would, but no matter--you can believe that TrumpNation would howl!

Me..I'd love to see it..just for the fun!

How do you propose distinguishing what Trump does as a private citizen from what he does as POTUS then?

Easy, differentiate his opinions from his policy statements. Even then, when he makes policy statements, Twitter is not the only platform he uses. TV and Facebook are other platforms that reaches millions on a daily basis.

So either he is entitled to his opinion and entitled to not listen to the opinions of others, or he is entitled to neither. That's what I think it boils down to.

Lol! Tell me..if Twitter deleted Trump's account..giving no reason--how Loud would you scream Censorship?

How many times would you contend that his 1st amendment rights were being violated?

Perhaps you wouldn't..I think you would, but no matter--you can believe that TrumpNation would howl!

Me..I'd love to see it..just for the fun!
If my uncle had tits he'd be your uncle.

Let's deal with reality rather than speculation. :)

Twitter's rules apply equally to every account.

The Constitution, on the other hand, applies differently to the government than it does to the average person.

And the Constitution trumps Twitter's rules.

How do you propose distinguishing what Trump does as a private citizen from what he does as POTUS then?

Easy, differentiate his opinions from his policy statements. Even then, when he makes policy statements, Twitter is not the only platform he uses. TV and Facebook are other platforms that reaches millions on a daily basis.

So either he is entitled to his opinion and entitled to not listen to the opinions of others, or he is entitled to neither. That's what I think it boils down to.

No one is forcing him to listen to anything. He can mute anyone he wants.

The Constitution, on the other hand, applies differently to the government than it does to the average person.

If they apply equally to everyone, then he can block users from his personal account.

Interestingly enough, he has two Twitter accounts, one set up under the previous administration for explicit use of the president, and his personal account.

Which account was the judge referring to? If was the presidential one, I can agree with the opinion, if it was his personal account, then I can't. That account was made long before he became president, made when he was a private citizen. Are we saying he can't block anyone from his personal account?

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Donald-Trump-have-two-Twitter-accounts

If they apply equally to everyone, then he can block users from his personal account.

Well, no - because the Constitution says he can't - and the Constitution is actually the law.

Well, no - because the Constitution says he can't - and the Constitution is actually the law.
Cool. So we do have access to his personal holdings. I want his #MAGA hat and Trump Tower.

Cool. So we do have access to his personal holdings. I want his #MAGA hat and Trump Tower.

I'm sure you thought that made sense...

Mute...he is not required to listen to others..he just is not entitled to keep citizens from viewing his statements.

I'm sure you thought that made sense...
Made too much sense that's why you don't understand. :D

Mute...he is not required to listen to others..he just is not entitled to keep citizens from viewing his statements.

But which account is being referred to? The POTUS or his own personal account?

But which account is being referred to? The POTUS or his own personal account?

I'm guessing she means the "personal" one, because its the only one he uses.

Forum List

Back