Cop Shoots Pit Bull, Saves Children

Pits are sweet and loyal dogs. Don't believe the hype.

In this case i don't have an issue with the dog being shot because you shouldn't take a chance. The dog could of had rabies or just have a mental problem. The owner should be fined and or locked up.

It was running loose. They still don't know who the owner is. It isn't the dog's fault he hasn't been trained properly and isn't confined to the owner's property. It is isn't the dog's fault it is a pitbull. But, we can't take chances with a dog that is out of control. He has just been in a fight with another dog, hurting it and potentially killing it had not someone beat him off with a shovel. Then he is near young children and a threat to them. The police officer did what was necessary because there was no way of knowing what this animal would do next.

No idea why people would want a pit bull!

Pitbulls have been given a bad rap by ignorant people. As a man who has lived with pit bulls for many years, it solely depends on how the dogs were raised. There are bad people who abuse their pit bulls in order to make them vicious, for various reasons. It often happens that aggressive pitbulls were trained to be dangerous, and this is why they ended up being very aggressive. Now, if you take a pit bull puppy and you raise her with love and affection, you will have the sweetest, smartest, most loving and loyal dog out there.

Why would good people want a pitbull? Because they are one of the best breeds out there. :smiliehug:

Famous last words. Until they rip off the face of some two year old.

Last edited:

Pit bulls are sweet dogs in the right hands. It's the fault of scumbags who abuse them for fighting purposes that they have a bad reputation. Blame them, not the dog.

Hell must have frozen over because I DO agree with J.E.D.

Conversely, even the breed of dog considered the "mildest" and "gentlest" can be turned into a snapping, biting and growling monster.

As a dog lover who had to go through the pain of saying good-bye to canine friends after 10-14 years, it always makes me sad when I hear a story about a dog killed.

But a child's life should always trump the life of a dog.

You can catch a show on the animal channel called "Pit bulls and Parolees".

Those misinformed/uninformed people who probably never even saw a pit bull terrier in their lives, should catch just one episode.

I've met a lot of Pits at the dog park and one of mine is probably an Am Staff, along the Pit lines. Mine is a sweetheart, I think you could beat her to death before she growled at you. There have only been maybe two Pits that were iffy and the owners were completely out to lunch. Coincidence? I think not.

I've had more problems with German Shepherds but those owners didn't know the breed or what they needed. Many people pick what they want instead of finding out what breed will fit your lifestyle and personality.

Pitbulls have been given a bad rap by ignorant people. As a man who has lived with pit bulls for many years, it solely depends on how the dogs were raised. There are bad people who abuse their pit bulls in order to make them vicious, for various reasons. It often happens that aggressive pitbulls were trained to be dangerous, and this is why they ended up being very aggressive. Now, if you take a pit bull puppy and you raise her with love and affection, you will have the sweetest, smartest, most loving and loyal dog out there.

Why would good people want a pitbull? Because they are one of the best breeds out there. :smiliehug:

Famous last words. Until they rip off the face of some two year old.

Esmeralda, that can be said for most medium/large dog breeds.

If you abuse a dog enough so it's scared and vicious, it can and will do that.

The same can be said for dalmations, terriers, labradors, bulldogs, etc.

Forum List

Back