Corporate welfare in action ....

Just remember folks, the Corporate Owners will always just want more for themselves and less for everybody else. Because they know the truth, it's called the 'American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Then why do they constantly offer pay hikes? I just got a raise myself. Why didn't my corporate owner cut my pay?

By the way, who are the corporate owners? I own stock in Ford, and Walmart and a dozen others. I guess I'm the evil corporate owners? Along with all those Union people, and 401K people, and retired people?

Dumb post.

The Owners will loosen the leash a bit. But in the end, they're gonna get it all. Because it's all about getting more for themselves, and less for everybody else. Folks should only expect things to get worse. It's a real tragedy. The American Dream is dead.

Dave Thomas worked for Kentucky Fried Chicken, as an hourly employee.

He ended up starting his own restaurant chain, and being super wealthy.

Why didn't what you claim happen to him?

The current CEO of Walmart, started off as a low wage hourly crew member at a walmart distribution center, unloading trucks.

I can keep going. How many examples would you like?

Janitor secretly amassed an $8 million fortune, left most of it to library and hospital

How did a janitor end up a multi-millionaire?

Why didn't the evil 'owners' keep him poor, so they could be more wealthy themselves?

Please tell me that you are not base your entire world view on this old monkey.

The last time I listened to George Carlin, he had a 30 minute long diatribe on how the most racists prejudice game in the entire world was golf. You never saw a black man golfing, or at a golfing tournament unless he was a caddy.

It wasn't even 2 years later, and some guy rocked the entire golfing world, and the only golfer half of Americans knew by name, was a black guy named Tiger Woods.

Carlin is an idiot.

You listen to that guy for your education, you'll be an idiot like him.

Companies have routinely complained for years, about how the education system isn't producing qualified educated workers. Many companies have either setup their own education programs, like McDonald, Ranstand, SAS, and others. Other companies have gone out of their way to fund education institutions. Columbus State built a mechanics shop, in a joint effort with GM. That includes engineering and managerial programs. Honda built a research facility with OSU.

There are dozens, if not hundreds of such programs around the country. And that doesn't include the literally thousands of scholarship and grants given out by various groups, all backed by the rich.

By any measure, the rich and elite, have done more to education the population than the Federal government has.

This claim is ridiculous. Just flat out, ridiculous. Carlin is a moron. You need to stop listening to his uneducated mindless, unsupportable rants.

Just remember folks, the Corporate Owners will always just want more for themselves and less for everybody else. Because they know the truth. It's called the 'American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it.

The corporate owners could care less what anybody else has. Of course they want to make more. Who doesn't? I want to make more, you want to make more, everybody wants to make more. The people that say I only want to make X, and I'll stop there will never be successful because they simply don't have the mindset.

The key to financial success is to always want more. It's like those stories your read about lottery winners. For some, it's a life changing experience for the better. For others, it was the worst thing to happen in their lives. Those people spent money like drunken sailors. They didn't consider taxes or that the money they have was not an infinite amount of money. The people that benefitted used that money more responsibly. They bought some nice things, maybe helped a few people out, but invested the rest to make even more money.

Money is a responsibility and not everybody has the responsibility to handle money be it a little or a lot.

Sadly, the American Dream is dead. Folks shouldn't think things are gonna get better. Because they aren't. The rich will continue to get richer, while the poor continue to get poorer. That's how the Corporate Owners want it. They want obedient slaves. But this was always an inevitability. America is an extremely greedy place. It's all in the Bible if anyone's interested. Perverted greed kills. It is what it is.

Just remember folks, the Corporate Owners will always just want more for themselves and less for everybody else. Because they know the truth. It's called the 'American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it.

The corporate owners could care less what anybody else has. Of course they want to make more. Who doesn't? I want to make more, you want to make more, everybody wants to make more. The people that say I only want to make X, and I'll stop there will never be successful because they simply don't have the mindset.

The key to financial success is to always want more. It's like those stories your read about lottery winners. For some, it's a life changing experience for the better. For others, it was the worst thing to happen in their lives. Those people spent money like drunken sailors. They didn't consider taxes or that the money they have was not an infinite amount of money. The people that benefitted used that money more responsibly. They bought some nice things, maybe helped a few people out, but invested the rest to make even more money.

Money is a responsibility and not everybody has the responsibility to handle money be it a little or a lot.

Sadly, the American Dream is dead. Folks shouldn't think things are gonna get better. Because they aren't. The rich will continue to get richer, while the poor continue to get poorer. That's how the Corporate Owners want it. They want obedient slaves. But this was always an inevitability. America is an extremely greedy place. It's all in the Bible if anyone's interested. Perverted greed kills. It is what it is.

That's how the rich want it or the government?

If anybody wants obedient slaves, it's the government. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

How is it the American dream is dead for Americans but not foreigners who come to this country?

Better question: what did you ever do to pursue the American dream? Did you get a job? Have children you can barely support? Buy cars or technology that you really don't have to have?

You will never find the American dream by working for somebody else unless you are a person in a position to make six figures. You will never find the American dream by spending every penny you earn. You find the American dream by working a lot of hours, investing in your own business or education, and making a lot of sacrifices. That's how you find the American dream.

The question is: What do you think it should be legal and constitutional for them to offer?

What?

We're discussing the practice of states offering tax abatements as incentives to large companies. I was asking if they should be able to offer exemptions to other laws, like regulations against pollution. I think tax incentives are an abuse of the taxation power and undermine the rule of law as well as equal protection. We should all have to follow the same laws. Neither corporations, nor individuals, should be able to bargain for special exemptions.

Funny, because everyone I know is doing better today then 5 years ago. I guess they must have magic powers that prevent 'corporate owners' influence. Or maybe you are full of crap.

The question is: What do you think it should be legal and constitutional for them to offer?

What?

We're discussing the practice of states offering tax abatements as incentives to large companies. I was asking if they should be able to offer exemptions to other laws, like regulations against pollution. I think tax incentives are an abuse of the taxation power and undermine the rule of law as well as equal protection. We should all have to follow the same laws. Neither corporations, nor individuals, should be able to bargain for special exemptions.

Again, I don't have a problem with it. I would prefer they simply.... lower taxes.

But before a company moves to the state, how much tax revenue is being collected from them? Zero.

After they move to the state, even with a tax abatement, how much revenue is being collected from them? Millions on millions.

So a short term tax abatement isn't a problem for me.

Beyond that... unless you live in that state, it really isn't your business. Or mine.

The constitution governs how the Federal Government operates. It does not control the states. All rights are reserved to the state.

So if your state wants to go bankrupt giving out tax breaks, that's their choice. It's up to the people of that state to determine how their state operates.

What?

Again, I don't have a problem with it. I would prefer they simply.... lower taxes.

But before a company moves to the state, how much tax revenue is being collected from them? Zero.

After they move to the state, even with a tax abatement, how much revenue is being collected from them? Millions on millions.

Beyond that... unless you live in that state, it really isn't your business. Or mine.

The constitution governs how the Federal Government operates. It does not control the states. All rights are reserved to the state.

So if your state wants to go bankrupt giving out tax breaks, that's their choice. It's up to the people of that state to determine how their state operates.

And would you also support these kinds of custom exemptions for other laws? Pollution regs for example? Do you see any problem with states exempting specific people from laws as a matter of "horse-trading"?

What?

And would you also support these kinds of custom exemptions for other laws? Pollution regs for example? Do you see any problem with states exempting specific people from laws as a matter of "horse-trading"?

No, again, I don't. What part of "all rights reserved for the states" is hard to grasp?

Look.... every single totalitarian authoritarian dictatorship government, has started with the premise you are supporting.

We have to control everyone. We can't let people make their own choices! They might make choices we don't like!

Every dictatorship started this way! Go read early Hitler speeches. They read exactly like this. We can't allow those people to make those choices.

So if the state of... I don't know... Utah wants to grant such and such exemption for some polution regulation, that should be their choice. Now I would think the people of Utah should debate the pros and cons of that. Because quite frankly some of the polution regulations are absolute stupidity, and if they are exempting companies from really stupid regulations, I don't have a problem with this (assuming I lived there).

But if it's a bad exemption, it should be up to THOSE PEOPLE.... IN THAT STATE... that debates it. Not mindless idiots, 1000 of miles away, who have no idea if that regulation is important, or if it would matter, or what problems the regulation is causing,.... just demanding that others follow their edicts.

We're supposed to be a society where rights of the people are respected, and as a REPUBLIC... where individual states choose their own laws and regulations, not the Federal Government.

We're not supposed to be peasants working the land for the good of the elite rules in Washington. Yet no matter how much people talk about Freedom, we keep coming up with every possible justification for authoritarianism, in the name of "well we can't let them offer tax abatement".... .yeah we can. I as an individual might be against it here in Ohio... but I'm not a dictator, thinking Utah has to follow my rules. They don't. They are their own state, and the people of that state have rights according to the constitution of the united STATES. We are nation of individual states. It's the United States of America, not the United States of Washington DC.

What?

Taxation is variable whereas laws are written in stone in most all cases. It's a bad comparison because unfortunately, the feds control the EPA. Nobody knows that more than somebody that lives where I do. The feds forced us to have this idiotic E-Check program. We didn't need the stupid thing and we don't need it now. But the feds claimed that our pollution level was too high on the meter, like it was any of their business. So they forced us into this E-check thing, tested the air again after ten years, and there was no change in the polltuion. So what did they do? They forced us to keep it.

What you are suggesting is that we have an overlord to stop states or cities from offering tax breaks. Remember that the federal government has more different tax laws for different industries than anybody. Taxes are not (and never were) equal for everybody. That's why only about half of the people in this country pay federal income tax. Half of the country is supporting the other half that don't pay any income taxes. Is that fair?

Just remember folks, the Corporate Owners will always just want more for themselves and less for everybody else. Because they know the truth, it's called the 'American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Then why do they constantly offer pay hikes? I just got a raise myself. Why didn't my corporate owner cut my pay?

By the way, who are the corporate owners? I own stock in Ford, and Walmart and a dozen others. I guess I'm the evil corporate owners? Along with all those Union people, and 401K people, and retired people?

Dumb post.

The Owners will loosen the leash a bit. But in the end, they're gonna get it all. Because it's all about getting more for themselves, and less for everybody else. Folks should only expect things to get worse. It's a real tragedy. The American Dream is dead.

The current CEO of Walmart, started off as a low wage hourly crew member at a walmart distribution center, unloading trucks.

Janitor secretly amassed an $8 million fortune, left most of it to library and hospital

Why didn't the evil 'owners' keep him poor, so they could be more wealthy themselves?

The last time I listened to George Carlin, he had a 30 minute long diatribe on how the most racists prejudice game in the entire world was golf. You never saw a black man golfing, or at a golfing tournament unless he was a caddy.

It wasn't even 2 years later, and some guy rocked the entire golfing world, and the only golfer half of Americans knew by name, was a black guy named Tiger Woods.

Carlin is an idiot.

Companies have routinely complained for years, about how the education system isn't producing qualified educated workers. Many companies have either setup their own education programs, like McDonald, Ranstand, SAS, and others. Other companies have gone out of their way to fund education institutions. Columbus State built a mechanics shop, in a joint effort with GM. That includes engineering and managerial programs. Honda built a research facility with OSU.

There are dozens, if not hundreds of such programs around the country. And that doesn't include the literally thousands of scholarship and grants given out by various groups, all backed by the rich.

By any measure, the rich and elite, have done more to education the population than the Federal government has.

This claim is ridiculous. Just flat out, ridiculous. Carlin is a moron. You need to stop listening to his uneducated mindless, unsupportable rants.

Corporations want highly educated people, but then expect them to work for 2 cents an hour.

Dumb post.

Carlin is an idiot.

Corporations want highly educated people, but then expect them to work for 2 cents an hour.

When or if American Citizens choose not to be slaves, the Corporate Owners merely hire foreign workers who are willing to work for less. They always get what they want. They own the game. They make all the rules.

What?

Taxation is variable whereas laws are written in stone in most all cases. It's a bad comparison because unfortunately, the feds control the EPA. Nobody knows that more than somebody that lives where I do. The feds forced us to have this idiotic E-Check program. We didn't need the stupid thing and we don't need it now. But the feds claimed that our pollution level was too high on the meter, like it was any of their business. So they forced us into this E-check thing, tested the air again after ten years, and there was no change in the polltuion. So what did they do? They forced us to keep it.

What you are suggesting is that we have an overlord to stop states or cities from offering tax breaks. Remember that the federal government has more different tax laws for different industries than anybody. Taxes are not (and never were) equal for everybody. That's why only about half of the people in this country pay federal income tax. Half of the country is supporting the other half that don't pay any income taxes. Is that fair?

Have you seen how government works? The rich getting away with murder is right around the corner.

Have you seen how government works? The rich getting away with murder is right around the corner.

Getting away with murder how?

If you pay up enough money the sky is the limit. Look at foxconn. WI giving away tons of tax dollars and letting them avoid regulations. Eventually they will be able to do anything.

If you pay up enough money the sky is the limit. Look at foxconn. WI giving away tons of tax dollars and letting them avoid regulations. Eventually they will be able to do anything.

I see you still don't understand the difference between "giving away" and "taking less." Maybe if you understood that, you would understand why cities and states do the things they do.

I see you still don't understand the difference between "giving away" and "taking less." Maybe if you understood that, you would understand why cities and states do the things they do.

Yes I do understand. I understand the services that these companies receive while not paying taxes are not free. I understand other companies then have to pay for these services that are not free. Huge companies with the most lobbyists win while the tax payer loses.

Yes I do understand. I understand the services that these companies receive while not paying taxes are not free. I understand other companies then have to pay for these services that are not free. Huge companies with the most lobbyists win while the tax payer loses.

How are they not paying for services? Of course they are, they are just paying less, but every company pays more than their fair share for city and state services. Yes, they did build that!

How are they not paying for services? Of course they are, they are just paying less, but every company pays more than their fair share for city and state services. Yes, they did build that!

Foxconn is getting a $3 billion deal. WI is paying them for the services they are providing. And why? Because lobbyists pay off the crooked politicians. Huge companies win, tax payers lose. There was a time repubs cared about the tax payer. Now they just pretend to.

Forum List

Back