Costco selling Mexican Coca Cola

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
I was glad to see this, as Mexican Coke is made with cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup.

I was glad to see this, as Mexican Coke is made with cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup.

I've been buying it at Costco for more than five years now, first in California, then New Mexico, Now in South Carolina. Just the other day at Costco I saw the had a variety case, Coke, Sprite, and orange Fanta, all from Mexico, all made with real cane sugar. If it hadn't had the Sprite, I would have bought it, the real sugar Fanta is almost as good as the Mexicoke.

It's not as good.

It's better. And if you don't think so, you're just wrong.

The US farm lobby is pretty much in the business of selling corn, and Costco is buying cane...am I missing something?

Well, I don't think Costco is importing refined sugar and bottling their own Coca-Cola.
The U.S. sugar industry has enjoyed trade protection since 1789 costing U.S. taxpayers about $4 billion/year.
The mere existence of the ethanol industry is testament to the power of the ag lobby in this country.

In my younger years, Coke was made with cane sugar, not high fructose corn sugar.
The Coke from Mexico is still made that way. That's probably the reason I prefer the Mexican Coke. It really is the original formula that some of us loved when growing up.
There is a different taste between the Coke made from cane sugar and corn sugar.

Forum List

Back