Could Teaparty Split on Boehner end up Re-Electing Pelosi?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Madam President 2024
If they split their votes, and Democrats all vote for Pelosi, it could happen!
4i6Ckte.gif

Some commentary about the wingnuts and teabaggers from Wingnut Central:

How 59 Republicans can show Boehner the door

This is usually the very first order of business. It will happen on Jan. 6, 2015. Not a lot of time to rally the Boehner opposition.

Nevertheless, in a perfect world, it could happen, and here’s how:

In the new 114th Congress, the House of Representatives will be comprised of 247 Republicans and 188 Democrats.

All 188 Democrats will vote for Nancy Pelosi, which means that Boehner must get at least 189 Republican votes to win because the speaker must get a majority of all votes cast, not a majority of the 435 members of the House. If Boehner fails to get a majority, balloting will continue until members coalesce behind someone else.

Therefore, if just 59 Republicans were to vote “present” instead of casting their vote for Boehner, Pelosi would be elected speaker if none of those who voted “present” amend their votes.

A Republican will be the acting chairman for this election. During the roll call, if 59 Republicans simply answer “present,” the chairman will temporarily suspend the vote. At that point the deal-making would begin. Conservatives, who were not even consulted on the “cromnibus” bill, would then be in the driver’s seat. Boehner would have to agree to step down in favor of a replacement. If not, he would hand the speakership to Pelosi.

4i6Ckte.gif

This is usually the very first order of business. It will happen on Jan. 6, 2015. Not a lot of time to rally the Boehner opposition.

In the new 114th Congress, the House of Representatives will be comprised of 247 Republicans and 188 Democrats.

All 188 Democrats will vote for Nancy Pelosi, which means that Boehner must get at least 189 Republican votes to win because the speaker must get a majority of all votes cast, not a majority of the 435 members of the House. If Boehner fails to get a majority, balloting will continue until members coalesce behind someone else.

Therefore, if just 59 Republicans were to vote “present” instead of casting their vote for Boehner, Pelosi would be elected speaker if none of those who voted “present” amend their votes.

A Republican will be the acting chairman for this election. During the roll call, if 59 Republicans simply answer “present,” the chairman will temporarily suspend the vote. At that point the deal-making would begin. Conservatives, who were not even consulted on the “cromnibus” bill, would then be in the driver’s seat. Boehner would have to agree to step down in favor of a replacement. If not, he would hand the speakership to Pelosi.
Gohmert will make a fine speaker. Pelosi would be worse than a dose of clap.

4i6Ckte.gif

Just a small point of order: with the resignation of Michael Grimm (R-NY), ´that will be R 246 / D 188 / vacancy 1 to start the 114th. This also means that the magic number, at current, will be 217, not 218, until Grimm's seat is filled. So, actually, you only need 58 GOPers to not vote for Boehner.... but I think he will be elected and the crazies will be few and far between.

Could you be any more hateful and nastier. what's it to you? you have your masters in the Democrat party, go worry over them

that title puts this in the rubber room or the flame zone

4i6Ckte.gif

Gohmert simply doesn't have enough support to become speaker in my opinion. As Stat pointed out he needs 217 votes. That would mean that there have to be a whole lot of Republicans who are opposed to Boehner and actually want someone else like Gohmert. Right now I am not seeing that kind of disaffection with Boehner.

4i6Ckte.gif

Gohmert simply doesn't have enough support to become speaker in my opinion. As Stat pointed out he needs 217 votes. That would mean that there have to be a whole lot of Republicans who are opposed to Boehner and actually want someone else like Gohmert. Right now I am not seeing that kind of disaffection with Boehner.
I like Boehner and he's honest (for a politico) but he cozies up to Obama on the wrong things. He'll be re-elected.

4i6Ckte.gif

I like Boehner and he's honest (for a politico) but he cozies up to Obama on the wrong things. He'll be re-elected.

yes he does and I could probably be ok with someone else. We'll see it should be interesting.

What gets me about these of types of threads by a left. Is they seem to think all Republicans must walk in Lockstep with the party just because that is what they do.

says more about them being SUBJECTS more than thinking Individuals.

Hate to spoil the liberal's wet dream but Pelosi ain't a gonna be elected Speaker.
4i6Ckte.gif

Pelosi is a dose of clap.

"Could Teabagger Split on Boehner end up Re-Electing Pelosi?"

No.

But it's nonetheless interesting the early dissent among the extreme right.

man you are a broken record. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz extreme right extreme right blaaa blaa

Forum List

Back