Could you easily forgive someone who's just gunned down a loved one?

I would forgive the person, yes, but no, I would not tell them that I have forgiven them...until they themselves ask me to forgive them. Before they ask me to forgive them, I don't believe that its any of their business what my feelings towards them are anyways. They obviously didn't care how I felt to begin with or they would not have done whatever it is that they did in the first place, so what would be the point in telling them how I feel after they have done it? Until they seek my forgiveness, I wouldn't have anything more to do with them because that right there would be the only way to make sure that they don't continue to do to me whatever it is that have done to me already whether I have forgiven them or not.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Exactly......and then and only then, and that's if my heart has healed a bit, then I will find forgiveness somehow, because God should be his judge, not me. But forgiving right out the gate? No effin way and I admire these people for doing it, but I would be my last dollar, after his trial starts and all the details come out....I'm not sure if forgiving this kid is gonna be all that forth coming anymore.

^^^ How do you know that man was innocent? If he was guilty of something really bad, why should he get away with it just so that his family wouldn't suffer? What about anyone that he himself may have wronged? When did they become not as important?

God bless you and his children always!!!

Holly

P.S. Also the man did not have to kill himself. Taking his life was his own choice.
You know it is God's job to punish and not some guy with a grudge. You don't even know what he did wrong or if it was really wrong and not the the perception of the grudge holder.

^^^ How do you know that man was innocent? If he was guilty of something really bad, why should he get away with it just so that his family wouldn't suffer? What about anyone that he himself may have wronged? When did they become not as important?

Holly

P.S. Also the man did not have to kill himself. Taking his life was his own choice.
You know it is God's job to punish and not some guy with a grudge. You don't even know what he did wrong or if it was really wrong and not the the perception of the grudge holder.

Yeah, who you gonna believe.....the video with him in it or your lying eyes....dude, really, you need to get a hobby!!

It's easy to say the words "I forgive him", but they are just words. No one at that church would sit down and enjoy some wine and cheese with this guy today. The whole "forgiveness" thing is a lie.

I once worked for an attorney that screwed me over. Due to the nature of my employment I had knowledge of his personal business and personal finances.

I never forgot. Ten years later he was sued. The attorney that sued him couldn't find a single attachable asset.

Then I stepped in and divulged every asset, traceable assets in the names of others. The man that wronged me lost everything, his home, his business and every cent. His wife and kids ended up on the street. He shot himself, never knowing that I was the architect of his ruin.

Wow, if ever there was a case of Karma, your guy was it...wow!!

Holly

Yeah, who you gonna believe.....the video with him in it or your lying eyes....dude, really, you need to get a hobby!!
I was talking about you and your claims to have wreaked havoc on a family for what you perceived was a wrong done to you. How do we know that guy you claim you took vengeance on was guilty?

Holly

You don't know the whole story either. What if you were one of his victims and the nose dive that he caused you to take was a hard one right to your face? Are you saying here that you would actually let the him get away with what he did to you just so that his family would not have to pay as well?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. It wouldn't have been your job to protect his family in the first place. That job falls on him and only him and if he can't do such a thing the right way, how is that your fault or anyone else's?

I once worked for an attorney that screwed me over. Due to the nature of my employment I had knowledge of his personal business and personal finances.

I never forgot. Ten years later he was sued. The attorney that sued him couldn't find a single attachable asset.

Then I stepped in and divulged every asset, traceable assets in the names of others. The man that wronged me lost everything, his home, his business and every cent. His wife and kids ended up on the street. He shot himself, never knowing that I was the architect of his ruin.
Hey! If you do not mind my asking you, can you share anymore about what happened? What did that man do to you and why was he being sued?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly

You don't know the whole story either. What if you were one of his victims and the nose dive that he caused you to take was a hard one right to your face? Are you saying here that you would actually let the him get away with what he did to you just so that his family would not have to pay as well?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. It wouldn't have been your job to protect his family in the first place. That job falls on him and only him and if he can't do such a thing the right way, how is that your fault or anyone else's?

I am not a stranger to taking vengeance and performing payback. I am proud to say that when doing so I have never found the need to punish and harm uninvolved innocents. Like I said, I don't believe the story. Promoting the idea that it is OK to be a vigilante and judge, and to justify harming innocent people over your grudge is a sick and unacceptable idea. If the story were true the storyteller had a duty to turn him in at the beginning and not allow him to commit his misdeeds for 10 years and harm others while waiting for a chance to enact his vengeance.

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I am not a stranger to taking vengeance and performing payback. I am proud to say that when doing so I have never found the need to punish and harm uninvolved innocents. Like I said, I don't believe the story. Promoting the idea that it is OK to be a vigilante and judge, and to justify harming innocent people over your grudge is a sick and unacceptable idea. If the story were true the storyteller had a duty to turn him in at the beginning and not allow him to commit his misdeeds for 10 years and harm others while waiting for a chance to enact his vengeance.

But hey if its true, it'll make a hell of a movie...I know I'd buy tickets!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Oh well. I don't blame TCL for coming forward. They were messed with and then they got wind of the person getting sued by someone else which only means one thing to me: The rodent was still on the loose doing again what they have done before already. If you know what someone is capable of doing, choosing to remain silent only gives them the ability to make their list of victims even longer. When did that become the best thing to do?

God bless you and TCL always!!!

Holly

P.S. This is why them girls who claim to be victims of Bill Cosby were stupid to keep their mouths closed about him for all of these years. Silence will most definitely only make a monster's victim list grow longer.

If someone gunned down any of my family, let's just say that they better pray the law finds them before I do.

Fuck forgiving.

Hey! If you do not mind my asking you, can you share anymore about what happened? What did that man do to you and why was he being sued?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
He made a promise to me which I relied on, then he reneged on the promise.

He was sued by his brother that he tried to cheat in a real estste deal involving their deceased father's estate. His acts were so bad there was over a million dollars in punitive damages for the fraud.

I waited for ten years paying attention to everything he did before I finally saw my chance. I never forgive and never forget.

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Okay. You totally misunderstood. He didn't commit misdeeds for ten years. I waited for ten years for him to commit his misdeeds. I didn't find out about his familial fraud until I learned that an attorney was unable to execute on the judgment. Then I helped.

Would I forgive someone? Fuck no. I don't get all the hang wringing and forgiveness shit. If someone killed one of my dogs I would want them dead and I would want to personally make it happen, along with a tutorial on how mistaken they were.

Forgiveness is for the victims, not the perps. If it helps you out, and it might, go for it. But don't think you are doing the scum bag any favors.

Would I forgive someone? Fuck no. I don't get all the hang wringing and forgiveness shit. If someone killed one of my dogs I would want them dead and I would want to personally make it happen, along with a tutorial on how mistaken they were.

Forgiveness is for the victims, not the perps. If it helps you out, and it might, go for it. But don't think you are doing the scum bag any favors.
If someone killed my dog, I would skin them alive and stake them out over an anthill.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
He made a promise to me which I relied on, then he reneged on the promise.

He was sued by his brother that he tried to cheat in a real estste deal involving their deceased father's estate. His acts were so bad there was over a million dollars in punitive damages for the fraud.

I waited for ten years paying attention to everything he did before I finally saw my chance. I never forgive and never forget.
Then I applaud you for what you did. That man deserved everything that he got trying to screw over his own flesh and blood next!

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Wow, to me this only makes what I said earlier look rather ironic. You took care of his brother and the memory of their dad by not taking care of his wife and kids...which is rather sad, but of course it is all because of his bad choice of action. What makes it even more sad is how at least one person fails to look at him as the real culprit. I don't know about you but I have zero tolerance for those who try to make other people feel bad about their doing the right thing.

The lesson to be learned is, don't cheat someone who knows all about you. If you entrust someone with all your financial secrets and you stand by while they learn absolutely everything about you, do not cheat that person. Give them the same loyalty they give you. Otherwise they will use every bit of that knowledge against you.

Or

Keep your own counsel and don't trust anyone you plan to cheat.

Forum List

Back