Could you easily forgive someone who's just gunned down a loved one?

Ive never acted on revenge, even when I technically had the right to give someone hell back. Ive never regretted that.
I have defended myself whenever necessary. lol never regretted that either
Right now there is this lady who has wormed her way into my moms life and is bleeding her dry. My sister is a druggie and brings anyone around. Now this woman has volunteered her "services" to help out. At first I didnt think much about it This lady needs help, she's helping my sis...which ultimately helps my mom. WRONG. Ive concluded shes a manipulative, stealing, low down criminal. You wouldn t believe what shes conned my mom out of and she hasn't been around that long. I heard her voice one time on the phone and it made my skin crawl.

Another family member is going out there with me ...see if we can do something.
Pisses me off when people are punished for being kind...especially when its my mom. lol

Listen, I'm all about forgiveness and I get it....its the right thing to do, God don't like ugly, etc, etc, etc....but I'm not too sure about the timing on all this. I applaud the family members that found it right to forgive this cold blooded "white" murderer, but I would be interested to know, would the same forgiveness have come so swift, had it just been a thug trying to rob a church? Or if any of these people were murdered in their homes, individually by some thug in the neighborhood???? Would the families find it easy to forgive?

Forgiveness is a good thing and in time, its something we must do in order to flow in God's favor, HOWEVER....for me, its gonna take time. If my mother, my child, my family members were gunned down by some cold blooded murderer, you gonna get forgiveness...but that's AFTER THEY PULL THE SWITCH OR YO ASS GET LIFE.....UNTIL THEN, you gonna have to wait for the hate to get off my plate!! Again, I give much props to the families for publically forgiving this cold blooded thug, but for me, it just wouldn't be that easy, that's for me!!

I don't have a problem with the family members publicly stating that they forgive this murdering bastard, but I think I read that one lady said God forgives him. That was over the line. She doesn't speak for God any more than I do, and I don't.

Listen, I'm all about forgiveness and I get it....its the right thing to do, God don't like ugly, etc, etc, etc....but I'm not too sure about the timing on all this. I applaud the family members that found it right to forgive this cold blooded "white" murderer, but I would be interested to know, would the same forgiveness have come so swift, had it just been a thug trying to rob a church? Or if any of these people were murdered in their homes, individually by some thug in the neighborhood???? Would the families find it easy to forgive?

Forgiveness is a good thing and in time, its something we must do in order to flow in God's favor, HOWEVER....for me, its gonna take time. If my mother, my child, my family members were gunned down by some cold blooded murderer, you gonna get forgiveness...but that's AFTER THEY PULL THE SWITCH OR YO ASS GET LIFE.....UNTIL THEN, you gonna have to wait for the hate to get off my plate!! Again, I give much props to the families for publically forgiving this cold blooded thug, but for me, it just wouldn't be that easy, that's for me!!
Maybe after I heard the persons life story and felt sorry for them I would know you gotta let it go. They had an episode from good times where James felt sorry for the gang member who shot jj.

I don't have a problem with the family members publicly stating that they forgive this murdering bastard, but I think I read that one lady said God forgives him. That was over the line. She doesn't speak for God any more than I do, and I don't.
Amen to this! I don't believe that the Lord forgives anyone until they ask him to.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Maybe after I heard the persons life story and felt sorry for them I would know you gotta let it go. They had an episode from good times where James felt sorry for the gang member who shot jj.

I remember that episode and the irony as I can recall, we had the same exact conversation back then, as now....James wanted to tear the kids head off and then he held back because he felt sorry for the mother and the kid.......and I remember us all, talking about what we would have done, etc.......but this kid, no story can equate being asked to not do this, shoot me instead of the 74 year old and still he continues to kill.....no story he could ever tell or experience would allow me to forgive, especially knowing he had the opportunity to stop, turn and run away......I'm sorry, no forgivness, ever.

Jesus died on the cross so that all men could be saved through his grace.....BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR IT, REPENT AND SIN NO MORE.....I don't think this kid has it in him.

Ive never acted on revenge, even when I technically had the right to give someone hell back. Ive never regretted that.
I have defended myself whenever necessary. lol never regretted that either
Right now there is this lady who has wormed her way into my moms life and is bleeding her dry. My sister is a druggie and brings anyone around. Now this woman has volunteered her "services" to help out. At first I didnt think much about it This lady needs help, she's helping my sis...which ultimately helps my mom. WRONG. Ive concluded shes a manipulative, stealing, low down criminal. You wouldn t believe what shes conned my mom out of and she hasn't been around that long. I heard her voice one time on the phone and it made my skin crawl.

Another family member is going out there with me ...see if we can do something.
Pisses me off when people are punished for being kind...especially when its my mom. lol

Be angry and be upset, this person is not worthy of anyone's kindness and I like you it irks me to know end to see people take advantage of people because they're kind. But believe me, Karma has a way of evening the score, just be patient.

Jesus died on the cross so that all men could be saved through his grace.....BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR IT, REPENT AND SIN NO MORE.....I don't think this kid has it in him.
Amen to this! Why should a person get forgiveness if they don't even care if they get any or not one way or another?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

On this we agree 100%!

Easy to say, but hard to do. It will take a long time to sincerely forgive.....

A better question. Should you forgive when the perpetrator has not shown remorse or asked for forgiveness?

I admire the strength and depth of faith it takes to do that.
Agreed.

I seriously doubt that I could do such a thing myself.

Consequently, I must concede that those folks are far more forgiving (and, perhaps, even more righteous) souls than I.

Hats off to them.

No way I could. I boycotted the only McDonalds within 30 miles because of some crap they pulled *cough* for 20 years...

I'm a soulless ginger.

how would you forgive a dead man? what would be the point? I mean, I understand why you might brain him instead of gutshooting him (repeatedly) like I would.

Forgiveness is for the person doing the forgiving. Its their way of dealing with the trauma that has befallen them. It gives them an avenue to heal, deal, and then move on.

It has nothing to do with the perp.

But I wouldn't expect the racist OP to understand.

what's race got to do with letting a pos like that live? I could not stand knowing that I didn't take care of THAT bit of business.

True, but also true no one knows what this guy has in him. I realize now is NOT the time to be looking for this sickos good side. :laugh:
Still, no one knows. Grace and forgiveness is available to him if he honestly asks.

Forum List

Back