Zone1 Court in Italy rules in favour of children who do not want to see grandparents

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

So the grandparents and the parents are in dispute. The grandparents want to see the kids and the parents say no.
Not surprising that the kids have sided with their parents.

The courts are saying that the kids have rights and the grandparents have none.

Ive got 3 kids and one grandson. It would kill me if I couldnt see him.

Is the court right here ?

So the grandparents and the parents are in dispute. The grandparents want to see the kids and the parents say no.

Yes.
Sad but yes.

Well it does boil down to who are the parents of the children and in most circumstances they do have the final says. Still it is mind-blowing that it went to court. If they couldn't settle it between themselves then the Judges has to rule in favor of the parents wishes. There is probably more to this story.

Well it does boil down to who are the parents of the children and in most circumstances they do have the final says. Still it is mind-blowing that it went to court. If they couldn't settle it between themselves then the Judges has to rule in favor of the parents wishes. There is probably more to this story.
There is a dispute going on parallel to this. Kids are currency whem families fall out.
Some sort of mediation might be appropriate.

I'm not only gobsmacked that such a common sense problem went to court, but it passed the lower court's twice before finally being put right.

The old saying, "You can choose your friends but not your family". Unfortunately, in many families, there are many idiots. I never speak to my sister, her boyfriend is a bellend, and she's not much better.

So common sense finally prevailed.

Yep. We had a law like that in Virginia back in the 90's I think it was--grandparent visitation law. Didn't survive a court challenge. Grandparents have no rights in their grandchildren that are superior to the rights of the parents.

I'm not only gobsmacked that such a common sense problem went to court, but it passed the lower court's twice before finally being put right.

The old saying, "You can choose your friends but not your family". Unfortunately, in many families, there are many idiots. I never speak to my sister, her boyfriend is a bellend, and she's not much better.

So common sense finally prevailed.
You would ecpect some form of mediation to have taken place.

Thank you for creating an op that isn't filled with preemptive derision and self-aggrandizement.

If anything, I just see this as a misuse of the court system, myself.

Forum List

Back