CPAC: More Hate and Intolerance than you can shake a stick at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see the American far-right making itself known and more appealing among Republican circles, especially Richard Spencer's National Policy Institute.

Come election time most of this over the top shit will get walked back for popular consumption but every time they leave enough out there to sort of break trail for extremist views to become a little more conservative mainstream.

come next election the pendulum will swing back and some of the more virulent left-wing nutjobs here; along with their out of touch reps; will be sent back to the rocks they crawled out from under

Coulter's position is without a doubt - a hate-based ideology.

Anyone who has even dabbled in American history has seen this pattern repeat itself time and time again. Every group of immigrants has faced the exact same kind of rhetoric. What is so amazing is how little the verbiage has changed over the centuries.

And anyone who is not blinded by their hatred and fear (the two usually go hand-in-hand) can see that America not only survives, it thrives. The rich diversity of culture makes us stronger.

E pluribus unum - many have managed to achieve unity throughout history. Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, even Osama Bin Laden had unity in his group. But what all these people lacked is what makes U.S. unity a beacon to the world - DIVERSITY.

It's true. It was filled with hate.
Hate for bloated central government
Hate for policies that keep poor people poor
Hate for policies that divide and categorize
Hate for over spending
Hate for the Chicago Way
Hate for the DC way we've always done it
Hate for statism
Hate for crony capitalism.

No wonder libs are terrified.

love the way the loser left points fingers on hate. dont be the wrong race or ethnicity walking down the wrong street in a liberal city; you could be killed for sure. and i dont mean a white person in the wrong neighborhood; you could be killed for being black in a hispanice neighborhood; or hispanic in a black neighborhood; or asian....etc

libs are hypocritical finger-pointers who lie to themselves

Anyone who has even dabbled in American history has seen this pattern repeat itself time and time again. Every group of immigrants has faced the exact same kind of rhetoric. What is so amazing is how little the verbiage has changed over the centuries.

And anyone who is not blinded by their hatred and fear (the two usually go hand-in-hand) can see that America not only survives, it thrives. The rich diversity of culture makes us stronger.

E pluribus unum - many have managed to achieve unity throughout history. Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, even Osama Bin Laden had unity in his group. But what all these people lacked is what makes U.S. unity a beacon to the world - DIVERSITY.
Do not confuse immigration and undocumented immigration.

Other than those with racial biases, all of us of conservative ideology recognize the greatness of America based on the diversity of cultures throughout the country. We are all descendants of immigrants.

Our concern is the issue we have with undocumented immigrants. To offer them any type of "advantage" is NOT rewarding them for their actions in contrast with our laws...but instead PUNISHING those that respected our laws.

Now, on the flip side.....is it humane to take a family that is settled and force them out?

Both sides of the debate have very valid points.

So for one to refer to one side as "hatred for immigrants" is irresponsible and not at all in the best interest of finding a reasonable solution.

I mean, how can one cooperate with those that see their position as hatred?

Other than those with racial biases, all of us of conservative ideology recognize the greatness of America based on the diversity of cultures throughout the country. We are all descendants of immigrants.

Our concern is the issue we have with undocumented immigrants. To offer them any type of "advantage" is NOT rewarding them for their actions in contrast with our laws...but instead PUNISHING those that respected our laws.

Now, on the flip side.....is it humane to take a family that is settled and force them out?

So for one to refer to one side as "hatred for immigrants" is irresponsible and not at all in the best interest of finding a reasonable solution.

I did not just slap that label on all conservatives. I believe you are correct about many conservatives.

But did you read the content of Coulter's comments?

Sheer hatred (bred of fear no doubt.) NOT the position you were describing at all.

I'm wondering why you opted to paint with such a broad brush? I certainly didn't.

The deranged interpretation of CPAC is easy to understand, disagreement with the left is hate. Intolerance is not embracing their ideology. Freedom is government control. Fairness is taking from one and giving to another. Progress is the growing of government.

If you need to twist words you are a propaganizer. All I need to do is see what they are upset about and I know it's something I can support. It's like a Litmus test.

The undocumented workers have displaced lower wage workers. The longer that the left refuses to acknowledge this then the larger the welcome mat for hatred becomes. Coulter and her ilk will profit handsomely.
It is unfair and unjust for people that do not have the protection of the rights that citizens have at the mercy of those that hire them. It is unfair and unjust to target those with the least amount of power. Those businesses that hire them should lose everything and go to prison.

As an aside, not everyone on the left ignores this but sometimes the only voices are the loudest.

Be careful shaking a stick at that group, you might frighten them......then they'll pull out a 9 mm and shoot you.

The undocumented workers have displaced lower wage workers. The longer that the left refuses to acknowledge this then the larger the welcome mat for hatred becomes. Coulter and her ilk will profit handsomely.
It is unfair and unjust for people that do not have the protection of the rights that citizens have at the mercy of those that hire them. It is unfair and unjust to target those with the least amount of power. Those businesses that hire them should lose everything and go to prison.

As an aside, not everyone on the left ignores this but sometimes the only voices are the loudest.

The "Taking jobs from Americans" is one of those arguments that gets trotted out.

How come Americans weren't already holding those jobs before the immigrants got here?

And btw - illegal immigration will always be bonded to legal immigration because of the laws that set overly restrictive quotas.

But I do agree with you that as long as their are jobs and money to made for illegal immigrants. There will always be those who will run the risks to try to better their lives by taking advantage of those opportunities. I think we did have an immigration reform bill that called for penalties for employers who hire illegals. It lasted about 48 hours if I am not mistaken.

I did not just slap that label on all conservatives. I believe you are correct about many conservatives.

But did you read the content of Coulter's comments?

Sheer hatred (bred of fear no doubt.) NOT the position you were describing at all.

I'm wondering why you opted to paint with such a broad brush? I certainly didn't.

Actually, you did.

You said...

"Every group of immigrants has faced the exact same kind of rhetoric"

When, in fact, it was spoken by one person out of dozens and would have likely been heard by only a few if it weren't for the media making a big deal out of it.

That rhetoric is few and far between....and would be inconsequential if it weren't for those that wanted to make it consequential as it pertains to the conservatives view...you know, like those that want to see the conservative ideology die a quick death.

The "Taking jobs from Americans" is one of those arguments that gets trotted out.

How come Americans weren't already holding those jobs before the immigrants got here?

And btw - illegal immigration will always be bonded to legal immigration because of the laws that set overly restrictive quotas.

But I do agree with you that as long as their are jobs and money to made for illegal immigrants. There will always be those who will run the risks to try to better their lives by taking advantage of those opportunities. I think we did have an immigration reform bill that called for penalties for employers who hire illegals. It lasted about 48 hours if I am not mistaken.

Many Americans were holding those jobs. But over time, illegal labor was much more cost effective....no tax matching and no HR laws governing decisions.

anyone who is a con in this country today is a lie monger.

wiether they know it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back