CPAC: More Hate and Intolerance than you can shake a stick at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The undocumented workers have displaced lower wage workers. The longer that the left refuses to acknowledge this then the larger the welcome mat for hatred becomes. Coulter and her ilk will profit handsomely.
It is unfair and unjust for people that do not have the protection of the rights that citizens have at the mercy of those that hire them. It is unfair and unjust to target those with the least amount of power. Those businesses that hire them should lose everything and go to prison.

As an aside, not everyone on the left ignores this but sometimes the only voices are the loudest.

They're illegal aliens, moron!

The undocumented workers have displaced lower wage workers. The longer that the left refuses to acknowledge this then the larger the welcome mat for hatred becomes. Coulter and her ilk will profit handsomely.
It is unfair and unjust for people that do not have the protection of the rights that citizens have at the mercy of those that hire them. It is unfair and unjust to target those with the least amount of power. Those businesses that hire them should lose everything and go to prison.

As an aside, not everyone on the left ignores this but sometimes the only voices are the loudest.

Foaming at the mouth this early?

I was thinking that threads like this should be in the Flame Zone, but since we're reached a point where a vast majority of threads are like this, why bother?

What a shame. You'd think reasonably intelligent adults could gather online for topical, interesting, stimulating, mature, civil, honest discourse.

Meh.

What goes around comes around again and again. Let's look back a couple of generations and compare and contrast Father Coughlin with the leaders of CPAC:

Charles E. Coughlin

Coughlin has more in common with today's Democrats:

Anti-semitism--yup. See the 2012 Democratic COnvention.
Hostility to bankers--yup
Enthusiastic supporter of Roosevelt--yup
Advocate of "Social Justice"-yup
Nationalization of resources too important to be held by individuals--yup
Requisitioning of wealth-yup

Congrats, Wry. I think you have found the intellectual father of the Democratic Party!

The "Taking jobs from Americans" is one of those arguments that gets trotted out.

How come Americans weren't already holding those jobs before the immigrants got here?

And btw - illegal immigration will always be bonded to legal immigration because of the laws that set overly restrictive quotas.

But I do agree with you that as long as their are jobs and money to made for illegal immigrants. There will always be those who will run the risks to try to better their lives by taking advantage of those opportunities. I think we did have an immigration reform bill that called for penalties for employers who hire illegals. It lasted about 48 hours if I am not mistaken.

Americans were holding these jobs before the illegals got here. I went to school with their children, my Father was an Auto-Body man. We lived in a neighborhood that was 80% WW2 and Korean War Veterans. We lived a good life and had only one parent working. My peers dad's were painters, carpenters, elecctricians, plumbers, brick and block masons, glaziers, heavy equipment operators, welders, concrete finishers, etc.....
That was in Houston Texas in the 50's and 60's. Go there now and see who's doing these jobs! Go to a manufacturing plant in Houston and see who's running the machines! It's mostly Mexicans who came here illegally, or their parents did and they got citizenship through amnesty under Reagan, Clinton, and now Obama. Enforcement stopped under the peanut man, Jimmy Carter.

The "Taking jobs from Americans" is one of those arguments that gets trotted out.

How come Americans weren't already holding those jobs before the immigrants got here?

And btw - illegal immigration will always be bonded to legal immigration because of the laws that set overly restrictive quotas.

But I do agree with you that as long as their are jobs and money to made for illegal immigrants. There will always be those who will run the risks to try to better their lives by taking advantage of those opportunities. I think we did have an immigration reform bill that called for penalties for employers who hire illegals. It lasted about 48 hours if I am not mistaken.

They worked in housekeeping and kitchens in hotels and restaurants or in hired out housekeeping for businesses. They worked in factories and food processing. Sometimes they work in fast food places. Sometimes carpentry and landscaping and home health care or as "campanions".

Now, there is an argument that is usually made that does in fact drive me insane. Americans are too lazy to work the farms. The reality is that it is seasonal and most people strive for stability and year round work. It is very difficult to raise children and migrate from area to area.

Do not confuse immigration and undocumented immigration.

Other than those with racial biases, all of us of conservative ideology recognize the greatness of America based on the diversity of cultures throughout the country. We are all descendants of immigrants.

Our concern is the issue we have with undocumented immigrants. To offer them any type of "advantage" is NOT rewarding them for their actions in contrast with our laws...but instead PUNISHING those that respected our laws.

Now, on the flip side.....is it humane to take a family that is settled and force them out?

Both sides of the debate have very valid points.

So for one to refer to one side as "hatred for immigrants" is irresponsible and not at all in the best interest of finding a reasonable solution.

I mean, how can one cooperate with those that see their position as hatred?

I did not just slap that label on all conservatives. I believe you are correct about many conservatives.

But did you read the content of Coulter's comments?

Sheer hatred (bred of fear no doubt.) NOT the position you were describing at all.

I'm wondering why you opted to paint with such a broad brush? I certainly didn't.

Actually, you did.

You said...

"Every group of immigrants has faced the exact same kind of rhetoric"

When, in fact, it was spoken by one person out of dozens and would have likely been heard by only a few if it weren't for the media making a big deal out of it.

That rhetoric is few and far between....and would be inconsequential if it weren't for those that wanted to make it consequential as it pertains to the conservatives view...you know, like those that want to see the conservative ideology die a quick death.

In that sentence I was speaking historically - and I've read the exact same sentiments of fear and hatred during (yes, maybe I should have qualified) MOST influxes of immigrants. I've never studied a single migration of immigrants into the U.S. that was NOT accompanied by this exact same type of rhetoric.

I'll wait for you to show me the exception to the rule.

So for one to refer to one side as "hatred for immigrants"

And there is your broad brush.

I never said "everyone on the right has greeted these migrations with hate."

You appear to attribute an opinion to EVERYONE on a particular side. That's the overly broad brush mistake imho.

Last edited:

Americans were holding these jobs before the illegals got here. I went to school with their children, my Father was an Auto-Body man. We lived in a neighborhood that was 80% WW2 and Korean War Veterans. We lived a good life and had only one parent working. My peers dad's were painters, carpenters, elecctricians, plumbers, brick and block masons, glaziers, heavy equipment operators, welders, concrete finishers, etc.....
That was in Houston Texas in the 50's and 60's. Go there now and see who's doing these jobs! Go to a manufacturing plant in Houston and see who's running the machines! It's mostly Mexicans who came here illegally, or their parents did and they got citizenship through amnesty under Reagan, Clinton, and now Obama. Enforcement stopped under the peanut man, Jimmy Carter.

They worked in housekeeping and kitchens in hotels and restaurants or in hired out housekeeping for businesses. They worked in factories and food processing. Sometimes they work in fast food places. Sometimes carpentry and landscaping and home health care or as "campanions".

Now, there is an argument that is usually made that does in fact drive me insane. Americans are too lazy to work the farms. The reality is that it is seasonal and most people strive for stability and year round work. It is very difficult to raise children and migrate from area to area.

Agreed.

So how do we get those necessary jobs filled?

It's true. It was filled with hate.
Hate for bloated central government
Hate for policies that keep poor people poor
Hate for policies that divide and categorize
Hate for over spending
Hate for the Chicago Way
Hate for the DC way we've always done it
Hate for statism
Hate for crony capitalism.

No wonder libs are terrified.

No one is terrifed, especially if the likes of you.

You make some very good points. In the instances you cite, I would ask, how did illegals "take" those jobs from Americans? By doing those jobs for less money? Do you think some American workers over-priced themselves?

Foaming at the mouth this early?

No foaming here. They are here illegally and they are alien to this Country. That makes them illegal aliens.
no foam, just the truth, something that's alien to you.

Glad to see the American far-right making itself known and more appealing among Republican circles, especially Richard Spencer's National Policy Institute.

So you're just going to take the word of a bunch of leftwing site to paint all of Cpac?

The only hate I see is from the OP

Last edited:
CPAC: More Hate and Intolerance than you can shake a stick at.
The more things change the, more they stay the same. Thick as a brick, for the cons to believe they're going to win with slime for a campaign. They might as well have a slogan that says, "Vote GOP, because we're stupid bigots."

When will those conservatives learn that the wants of the homosexual mafia, illegal foreign criminals, and trillions in aid for third world weather concerns should be Americas primary concerns ...... Lol

Thread closed.

Per the rules:
Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back