Creationists aren’t happy that Pope Francis ripped their worldview

One, the Pope is right, the fundamentalists and evangelicals and the Penetecostals on the far right are wrong.

Two, because I abhor the social con far right does not invalidate that I am a Republican.

The Republican mainstream abhors the far right RINOS, which puts them in a tizzy.

My impression is that Catholics were largely in denial about this.

I have never met a Catholic who denied either evolution or the BBT. Wherever did you get this impression?

I always chuckle at this kind of comment - as though he really asks people if they're catholic and what they believe.

Be that as it may, this pope is very intelligent, seems educated and progressive. That's the opposite of those who believe in creationism.

Many missionaries who are helping with the Ebola outbreak may also be creationists, they seem progressive to me.

no. because someone is a missionary does not equate to "progressivism". it's probably the opposite. your post is odd.

Missionary work was the original progressivism, going out to help others, the whole actions not words thing. Its only today that progressivism has also starting meaning statism and overreaching government force.

imo, there is nothing progress about spreading theocracy. there has always been noblesse oblige and a desire to "save" people. that isn't progressivism.

this whole discussion is utterly fascinating in how the left wing mind works.

The Pope never denied God is the creator of life, thus creationism: “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

What he is saying is that evolution does not and can not explain creation, just not possible.

But to listen to the left one would think that the Pope is saying just the opposite.

The other claim made by the left is that the majority of Christians even care. As if the issue they are raising is the biggest concern of Christians, it is not. Barely even discussed most times.

what the pope said was a direct slap at "creationists". but nice effort.

The pope’s strong expression of support for the scientific origins of the universe and the theory of evolution predictably upset creationists.

“Following in the tradition of other recent popes, Pope Francis has compromised biblical authority in favor of man’s ideas in the area of origins,” complained Ken Ham, president of the Answers in Genesis ministry.

Creationists aren 8217 t happy that Pope Francis ripped their worldview

This has been Catholic Doctrine for over 50 years.

I have never met a Catholic who denied either evolution or the BBT. Wherever did you get this impression?

that's interesting. my son was friends with a girl who is catholic and insisted that the world is 5,000 years old and that there is no such thing as evolution. she didn't learn that in synagogue. you know?

I haven't met your son's friend. However, I would like to point out every Catholic on this thread is saying your son's friend is wrong.

then someone needs to tell that to her priests....

Pope is no admirer of the ID/creationist nonsense of the far social con right.

No intelligent Christian is.

Unofficially through years of Catholic school I already had the idea the Church figured God created the universe and set things in motion.

Do I understand right that the Pope is also holding out another idea that 40,000 years ago or so God may have created man? Or blessed a chimp and made man?

Imagine Moses trying to explain the big bang to a bunch of uneducated Isrealites fleeing Egypt. The simple 7 day story is soo mjch easier and basically in order.

moses couldn't have explained the big bang to a bunch of uneducated Israelites fleeing from Egypt. that is why kabbalists believe that the bible is basically the kiddie book version of reality., explaining things to that group of desert people in a way they could understand. it is also why I was always taught that the bible is mostly allegory.

Kabbalists understand that the Bible stories each have deeper meaning and until recently, they kept it to themselves. You should come meet up at the NY Kabbalah Center

I should! Kabbalah fascinates me.

btw CrusaderFrank kabbalah is the most feminist of belief systems.

Last edited:
I disagree. The wacko wing of the GOP is not mainstream and will be out of power within the party come next Wednesday.

The Pope never denied God is the creator of life, thus creationism: “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

What he is saying is that evolution does not and can not explain creation, just not possible.

But to listen to the left one would think that the Pope is saying just the opposite.

The other claim made by the left is that the majority of Christians even care. As if the issue they are raising is the biggest concern of Christians, it is not. Barely even discussed most times.

No it wasn't as explain, but your effort was, as usual, piss poor.

Pope is no admirer of the ID/creationist nonsense of the far social con right.

No intelligent Christian is.

As usual you jump on the left wing band wagon.. Have you absolutely no shame?

IF you had bothered to actually read the article this is what the Pope said: The Pope never denied God is the creator of life, thus creationism: “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

Now how do you get out of that he is against creationism? YOu don't unless you just parrot what the left wing is bleating, which is what you do.

The Pope forcefully corrects the irrationality of the far right ID and creationist thugs while still recognizing God as the creator of the universe. The mainstream bandwagon of Christianity, which excludes fundamentalists, evangelicals, and Pentecostals ,fully agreez.

Pope Francis and Evolution.jpg

No it wasn't as explain, but your effort was, as usual, piss poor.

from someone like you, that's a ringing endorsement.

Opposing the far right wing in America is the duty of all responsible patriotic Americans from responsible left to responsible right.

^ Reactionary Jake never opposes Obama, not once, not ever

Why should he? Have you seen the economic numbers? If you are complaining then go back to school or start a business and quit whining.

That reminds me. It is funny so many cons say YOU are responsible for YOU but when it comes to religion they aren't responsible. The devil made them do it. Or, it must be gods will.

What numbers? Obama massive, historic debt record? That we're now the world's # 2 economy?

The Pope forcefully corrects the irrationality of the far right ID and creationist thugs while still recognizing God as the creator of the universe. The mainstream bandwagon of Christianity, which excludes fundamentalists, evangelicals, and Pentecostals ,fully agreez.

View attachment 33701

The Pope is a Marxist who needs to actually read the Bible

Frank, you don't get your own definitions, only your own opinion, which any smart individual is going to look at you with wide staring, unbelieving eyes that you say such things as the above.

that's interesting. my son was friends with a girl who is catholic and insisted that the world is 5,000 years old and that there is no such thing as evolution. she didn't learn that in synagogue. you know?

I haven't met your son's friend. However, I would like to point out every Catholic on this thread is saying your son's friend is wrong.

then someone needs to tell that to her priests....

I believe someone has. Every Catholic on this thread has indicated their priests have followed exactly what the Pope said. I assume you are not Catholic so I'm not sure how many priests you have discussed this with.

I have known lots of Catholics and not one, not even that cra cra far right catholic Mel Gibson, said the world is 6K old.

The pope’s strong expression of support for the scientific origins of the universe and the theory of evolution predictably upset creationists.

“Following in the tradition of other recent popes, Pope Francis has compromised biblical authority in favor of man’s ideas in the area of origins,” complained Ken Ham, president of the Answers in Genesis ministry.

Hey loser, since when do you satan worshipers care? Like the catholic church is the sole authority on christianity, I don't think so.

We were told it in grade school, right before we started biology in 8th Grade. The pastor came in and explained it to us.

Creationism is more part of the fundamentalist protestant side of Christianity, there is very little of it in Catholicism.
And us true Christians understand that the Pope and the Catholic Church are not the sole authority, nor necessarily right, on the Christian faith. The sole authority comes from God thru the Bible not the pope.

Unofficially through years of Catholic school I already had the idea the Church figured God created the universe and set things in motion.

Do I understand right that the Pope is also holding out another idea that 40,000 years ago or so God may have created man? Or blessed a chimp and made man?

Imagine Moses trying to explain the big bang to a bunch of uneducated Isrealites fleeing Egypt. The simple 7 day story is soo mjch easier and basically in order.

moses couldn't have explained the big bang to a bunch of uneducated Israelites fleeing from Egypt. that is why kabbalists believe that the bible is basically the kiddie book version of reality., explaining things to that group of desert people in a way they could understand. it is also why I was always taught that the bible is mostly allegory.
I am glad the idiots that taught you didn't teach me that garbage.

Forum List

Back