Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone is level when they say what you want to hear :lol: your true colors are obvious.

No, someone is level when they exhibit honesty and intellectual integrity (although it's a lost cause to expect that from creationists).

For example, one is level when they don't present, in lieu of an argument, a wall of text that they themselves do not understand.

I am a creationist and I do support my views with evidence not like some here.

To call someone dishonest because they disagree with you what would you call that ?

From your other link.

"An evaluation of DNA/RNA mutations indicates that they cannot provide significant new levels of information."

They keep repeating this lie even though it has been tested and proven that this is false.

Find me a Bible blogger who takes biology seriously, all the ones you've provided clearly don't.

Really,the one you quoted has 7 degrees in science,you really think he doesn't take it serious drock ?

The thing you do is get focused on one thing but not paying attention to why he made the comment. Some people know about mutations and what they do and don't do. The other thing you're missing he is discussing several different forms of mutations and where they occur that is important to know to come to a conclusion.

You rest on A few mutations that did help in one area and hurt a function in the process. If a mutation helps in one area but harms the organism in another area how does that benefit the organism ?

Did you understand how mutations cause harm to the Genome ? Do you believe that is a benefit ?

No, you don't. You present walls of text that you do not understand yourself. That is not supporting your views with evidence.

If you want to be taken seriously, present what your wall of cut-and-paste says in your own words, briefly. You can also present a link for those who want to explore further.

To call someone dishonest because they disagree with you what would you call that ?

I would call that "something that has not been done on this thread."

From your other link.

"An evaluation of DNA/RNA mutations indicates that they cannot provide significant new levels of information."

They keep repeating this lie even though it has been tested and proven that this is false.

Find me a Bible blogger who takes biology seriously, all the ones you've provided clearly don't.

Really,the one you quoted has 7 degrees in science,you really think he doesn't take it serious drock ?

The thing you do is get focused on one thing but not paying attention to why he made the comment. Some people know about mutations and what they do and don't do. The other thing you're missing he is discussing several different forms of mutations and where they occur that is important to know to come to a conclusion.

You rest on A few mutations that did help in one area and hurt a function in the process. If a mutation helps in one area but harms the organism in another area how does that benefit the organism ?

Did you understand how mutations cause harm to the Genome ? Do you believe that is a benefit ?

Beneficial mutations don't always cause a harm. That's a stupid assumption and has already been proven wrong with the link I provided before yours.

Anything else?

Examples of Beneficial Mutations and Natural Selection

Beneficial mutationsAlthough mutations that change protein sequences are predominantly harmful to an organism; on occasion, the effect can be neutral or positive in a given environment. In this case, the mutation may enable the mutant organism to withstand particular environmental stresses better than wild-type organisms, or reproduce more quickly. In these cases a mutation will tend to become more common in a population through natural selection.

For example, a specific 32 base pair deletion in human CCR5 (CCR5-Δ32) confers HIV resistance to homozygotes and delays AIDS onset in heterozygotes.[40] The CCR5 mutation is more common in those of European descent. One possible explanation of the etiology of the relatively high frequency of CCR5-Δ32 in the European population is that it conferred resistance to the bubonic plague in mid-14th century Europe. People with this mutation were more likely to survive infection; thus its frequency in the population increased.[41] This theory could explain why this mutation is not found in southern Africa, where the bubonic plague never reached. A newer theory suggests that the selective pressure on the CCR5 Delta 32 mutation was caused by smallpox instead of the bubonic plague.[42]

Another example is Sickle cell disease, a blood disorder in which the body produces an abnormal type of the oxygen-carrying substance hemoglobin in the red blood cells. One-third of all indigenous inhabitants of Sub-Saharan Africa carry the gene,[43] because in areas where malaria is common, there is a survival value in carrying only a single sickle-cell gene (sickle cell trait).[44] Those with only one of the two alleles of the sickle-cell disease are more resistant to malaria, since the infestation of the malaria plasmodium is halted by the sickling of the cells which it infests.

Mutation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and even from one of your Bible bloggers

Are Mutations Harmful?

Moreover a mutation may be favorable in the sense that it permits survival in an unfavorable environment and yet be unfavorable in a better environment.

A beneficial mutation that permits survival and breeding to spread genes in an unfavorable environment is exactly what I've been trying to get through to you. Even your Bible blogs agree with this.

Last edited:

No, you don't. You present walls of text that you do not understand yourself. That is not supporting your views with evidence.

If you want to be taken seriously, present what your wall of cut-and-paste says in your own words, briefly. You can also present a link for those who want to explore further.

I would call that "something that has not been done on this thread."

Wrong I explained my points then presented pictures as support did you forget that ?

What I post I clearly understand.

LOL oh, really?

Well here's a chance to demonstrate that. In your own words, exactly what is a "mutation"?

You're allowed to look up the answer, but it must be in your own words so as to demonstrate that you understand it and aren't just cutting and pasting.

So obviously, nobody has said they deny evolution.

Thank you, anti Christians, for illustrating your dishonesty so thoroughly.
Just when I thought you had leveled up. :bye1:

So someone is level when they say what you want to hear :lol: your true colors are obvious.
No. Nice that you reaffirm your commitment to spreading misinformation though.

Someone levels up when they demonstrate some intellectual integrity and honesty. It would be nice if you'd level up. It's not like you haven't had every opportunity to do so.

Which reminds me that, consistent with your brand of intellectual dishonesty, you still have not provided a precise, meaningful definition of the term "kind."

And, it's worth noting (again) that that your dishonesty is magnified by your hypocrisy manifested in your own refusal to answer questions directed at you.

From your other link.

Beneficial mutations don't always cause a harm. That's a stupid assumption and has already been proven wrong with the link I provided before yours.

Anything else?

Beneficial mutationsAlthough mutations that change protein sequences are predominantly harmful to an organism; on occasion, the effect can be neutral or positive in a given environment. In this case, the mutation may enable the mutant organism to withstand particular environmental stresses better than wild-type organisms, or reproduce more quickly. In these cases a mutation will tend to become more common in a population through natural selection.

For example, a specific 32 base pair deletion in human CCR5 (CCR5-Δ32) confers HIV resistance to homozygotes and delays AIDS onset in heterozygotes.[40] The CCR5 mutation is more common in those of European descent. One possible explanation of the etiology of the relatively high frequency of CCR5-Δ32 in the European population is that it conferred resistance to the bubonic plague in mid-14th century Europe. People with this mutation were more likely to survive infection; thus its frequency in the population increased.[41] This theory could explain why this mutation is not found in southern Africa, where the bubonic plague never reached. A newer theory suggests that the selective pressure on the CCR5 Delta 32 mutation was caused by smallpox instead of the bubonic plague.[42]

Another example is Sickle cell disease, a blood disorder in which the body produces an abnormal type of the oxygen-carrying substance hemoglobin in the red blood cells. One-third of all indigenous inhabitants of Sub-Saharan Africa carry the gene,[43] because in areas where malaria is common, there is a survival value in carrying only a single sickle-cell gene (sickle cell trait).[44] Those with only one of the two alleles of the sickle-cell disease are more resistant to malaria, since the infestation of the malaria plasmodium is halted by the sickling of the cells which it infests.

Are Mutations Harmful?

Moreover a mutation may be favorable in the sense that it permits survival in an unfavorable environment and yet be unfavorable in a better environment.

A beneficial mutation that permits survival and breeding to spread genes in an unfavorable environment is exactly what I've been trying to get through to you. Even you Bible blogs agree with this.

You're still missing the point,beneficial mutations are still to rare to evolve every creature that supposedly evolved.

You need to show mutations did indeed cause macro-evolution that has never been done for one species let alone every species that ever existed.

How can gene mutations affect health and development?

To function correctly, each cell depends on thousands of proteins to do their jobs in the right places at the right times. Sometimes, gene mutations prevent one or more of these proteins from working properly. By changing a gene’s instructions for making a protein, a mutation can cause the protein to malfunction or to be missing entirely. When a mutation alters a protein that plays a critical role in the body, it can disrupt normal development or cause a medical condition. A condition caused by mutations in one or more genes is called a genetic disorder.

In some cases, gene mutations are so severe that they prevent an embryo from surviving until birth. These changes occur in genes that are essential for development, and often disrupt the development of an embryo in its earliest stages. Because these mutations have very serious effects, they are incompatible with life.

It is important to note that genes themselves do not cause disease—genetic disorders are caused by mutations that make a gene function improperly. For example, when people say that someone has “the cystic fibrosis gene,” they are usually referring to a mutated version of the CFTR gene, which causes the disease. All people, including those without cystic fibrosis, have a version of the CFTR gene.

For more information about mutations and genetic disorders:

The National Cancer Institute provides additional information about how gene mutations can trigger disease:

Do all gene mutations affect health and development?

No; only a small percentage of mutations cause genetic disorders—most have no impact on health or development. For example, some mutations alter a gene’s DNA base sequence but do not change the function of the protein made by the gene.

Often, gene mutations that could cause a genetic disorder are repaired by certain enzymes before the gene is expressed (makes a protein). Each cell has a number of pathways through which enzymes recognize and repair mistakes in DNA. Because DNA can be damaged or mutated in many ways, DNA repair is an important process by which the body protects itself from disease.

A very small percentage of all mutations actually have a positive effect. These mutations lead to new versions of proteins that help an organism and its future generations better adapt to changes in their environment. For example, a beneficial mutation could result in a protein that protects the organism from a new strain of bacteria.

For more information about DNA repair and the health effects of gene mutations:

The University of Utah Genetic Science Learning Center provides information about genetic disorders that explains why some mutations cause disorders but others do not.

Additional information about DNA repair is available from the NCBI Science Primer. In the chapter called What Is A Cell?, scroll down to the heading “DNA Repair Mechanisms.”

What kinds of gene mutations are possible?

The DNA sequence of a gene can be altered in a number of ways. Gene mutations have varying effects on health, depending on where they occur and whether they alter the function of essential proteins. The types of mutations include:
Missense mutation (illustration)
This type of mutation is a change in one DNA base pair that results in the substitution of one amino acid for another in the protein made by a gene.
Nonsense mutation (illustration)
A nonsense mutation is also a change in one DNA base pair. Instead of substituting one amino acid for another, however, the altered DNA sequence prematurely signals the cell to stop building a protein. This type of mutation results in a shortened protein that may function improperly or not at all.
Insertion (illustration)
An insertion changes the number of DNA bases in a gene by adding a piece of DNA. As a result, the protein made by the gene may not function properly.
Deletion (illustration)
A deletion changes the number of DNA bases by removing a piece of DNA. Small deletions may remove one or a few base pairs within a gene, while larger deletions can remove an entire gene or several neighboring genes. The deleted DNA may alter the function of the resulting protein(s).
Duplication (illustration)
A duplication consists of a piece of DNA that is abnormally copied one or more times. This type of mutation may alter the function of the resulting protein.
Frameshift mutation (illustration)
This type of mutation occurs when the addition or loss of DNA bases changes a gene’s reading frame. A reading frame consists of groups of 3 bases that each code for one amino acid. A frameshift mutation shifts the grouping of these bases and changes the code for amino acids. The resulting protein is usually nonfunctional. Insertions, deletions, and duplications can all be frameshift mutations.
Repeat expansion (illustration)
Nucleotide repeats are short DNA sequences that are repeated a number of times in a row. For example, a trinucleotide repeat is made up of 3-base-pair sequences, and a tetranucleotide repeat is made up of 4-base-pair sequences. A repeat expansion is a mutation that increases the number of times that the short DNA sequence is repeated. This type of mutation can cause the resulting protein to function improperly.

For more information about the types of gene mutations:

The National Human Genome Research Institute offers a Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms. This resource includes definitions, diagrams, and detailed audio descriptions of several of the gene mutations listed above.

Can a change in the number of genes affect health and development?

People have two copies of most genes, one copy inherited from each parent. In some cases, however, the number of copies varies—meaning that a person can be born with one, three, or more copies of particular genes. Less commonly, one or more genes may be entirely missing. This type of genetic difference is known as copy number variation (CNV).

Copy number variation results from insertions, deletions, and duplications of large segments of DNA. These segments are big enough to include whole genes. Variation in gene copy number can influence the activity of genes and ultimately affect many body functions.

Researchers were surprised to learn that copy number variation accounts for a significant amount of genetic difference between people. More than 10 percent of human DNA appears to contain these differences in gene copy number. While much of this variation does not affect health or development, some differences likely influence a person’s risk of disease and response to certain drugs. Future research will focus on the consequences of copy number variation in different parts of the genome and study the contribution of these variations to many types of disease.

Can a change in the number of genes affect health and development? - Genetics Home Reference

This is very interesting read sure puts doubt on the chimp and human similarity.

http://www.hhmi.org/news/scherer20061123.html

Last edited:

No, someone is level when they exhibit honesty and intellectual integrity (although it's a lost cause to expect that from creationists).

For example, one is level when they don't present, in lieu of an argument, a wall of text that they themselves do not understand.
LOL.:lol:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dragon again."

I should probably look to see if you've already pointed out the obvious to these retards before I do it myself.

You're an intellectually dishonest superstitious retard whose notions of "evidence" are completely discredited rantings of snake-oil salesmen, deliberate denials of reality, and patently fallacious logic.

It's not about your disagreements with us, you intellectually dishonest retard; it's your insistence that your disagreements with the verifiable facts of reality are validly consistent with the verifiable facts of reality.

Also, lest it escapes your retarded attention span, consistent with your brand of intellectual dishonesty, you still have not provided a precise, meaningful definition of the term "kind."

And, it's worth noting (again) that that your dishonesty is magnified by your hypocrisy manifested in your own refusal to answer questions directed at you.

LOL oh, really?

Well here's a chance to demonstrate that. In your own words, exactly what is a "mutation"?

You're allowed to look up the answer, but it must be in your own words so as to demonstrate that you understand it and aren't just cutting and pasting.

Oh boy, It is a damaged gene ,and It is a permanent change in the DNA sequence of the gene.

Anything else?

Are Mutations Harmful?

A beneficial mutation that permits survival and breeding to spread genes in an unfavorable environment is exactly what I've been trying to get through to you. Even you Bible blogs agree with this.

You're still missing the point,beneficial mutations are still to rare to evolve every creature that supposedly evolved.

You need to show mutations did indeed cause macro-evolution that has never been done for one species let alone every species that ever existed.

To function correctly, each cell depends on thousands of proteins to do their jobs in the right places at the right times. Sometimes, gene mutations prevent one or more of these proteins from working properly. By changing a gene’s instructions for making a protein, a mutation can cause the protein to malfunction or to be missing entirely. When a mutation alters a protein that plays a critical role in the body, it can disrupt normal development or cause a medical condition. A condition caused by mutations in one or more genes is called a genetic disorder.

In some cases, gene mutations are so severe that they prevent an embryo from surviving until birth. These changes occur in genes that are essential for development, and often disrupt the development of an embryo in its earliest stages. Because these mutations have very serious effects, they are incompatible with life.

It is important to note that genes themselves do not cause disease—genetic disorders are caused by mutations that make a gene function improperly. For example, when people say that someone has “the cystic fibrosis gene,” they are usually referring to a mutated version of the CFTR gene, which causes the disease. All people, including those without cystic fibrosis, have a version of the CFTR gene.

The National Cancer Institute provides additional information about how gene mutations can trigger disease:

No; only a small percentage of mutations cause genetic disorders—most have no impact on health or development. For example, some mutations alter a gene’s DNA base sequence but do not change the function of the protein made by the gene.

Often, gene mutations that could cause a genetic disorder are repaired by certain enzymes before the gene is expressed (makes a protein). Each cell has a number of pathways through which enzymes recognize and repair mistakes in DNA. Because DNA can be damaged or mutated in many ways, DNA repair is an important process by which the body protects itself from disease.

A very small percentage of all mutations actually have a positive effect. These mutations lead to new versions of proteins that help an organism and its future generations better adapt to changes in their environment. For example, a beneficial mutation could result in a protein that protects the organism from a new strain of bacteria.

The University of Utah Genetic Science Learning Center provides information about genetic disorders that explains why some mutations cause disorders but others do not.

Additional information about DNA repair is available from the NCBI Science Primer. In the chapter called What Is A Cell?, scroll down to the heading “DNA Repair Mechanisms.”

The DNA sequence of a gene can be altered in a number of ways. Gene mutations have varying effects on health, depending on where they occur and whether they alter the function of essential proteins. The types of mutations include:
This type of mutation is a change in one DNA base pair that results in the substitution of one amino acid for another in the protein made by a gene.
A nonsense mutation is also a change in one DNA base pair. Instead of substituting one amino acid for another, however, the altered DNA sequence prematurely signals the cell to stop building a protein. This type of mutation results in a shortened protein that may function improperly or not at all.
Insertion (illustration)
An insertion changes the number of DNA bases in a gene by adding a piece of DNA. As a result, the protein made by the gene may not function properly.
Deletion (illustration)
A deletion changes the number of DNA bases by removing a piece of DNA. Small deletions may remove one or a few base pairs within a gene, while larger deletions can remove an entire gene or several neighboring genes. The deleted DNA may alter the function of the resulting protein(s).
A duplication consists of a piece of DNA that is abnormally copied one or more times. This type of mutation may alter the function of the resulting protein.
This type of mutation occurs when the addition or loss of DNA bases changes a gene’s reading frame. A reading frame consists of groups of 3 bases that each code for one amino acid. A frameshift mutation shifts the grouping of these bases and changes the code for amino acids. The resulting protein is usually nonfunctional. Insertions, deletions, and duplications can all be frameshift mutations.
Nucleotide repeats are short DNA sequences that are repeated a number of times in a row. For example, a trinucleotide repeat is made up of 3-base-pair sequences, and a tetranucleotide repeat is made up of 4-base-pair sequences. A repeat expansion is a mutation that increases the number of times that the short DNA sequence is repeated. This type of mutation can cause the resulting protein to function improperly.

The National Human Genome Research Institute offers a Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms. This resource includes definitions, diagrams, and detailed audio descriptions of several of the gene mutations listed above.

People have two copies of most genes, one copy inherited from each parent. In some cases, however, the number of copies varies—meaning that a person can be born with one, three, or more copies of particular genes. Less commonly, one or more genes may be entirely missing. This type of genetic difference is known as copy number variation (CNV).

Copy number variation results from insertions, deletions, and duplications of large segments of DNA. These segments are big enough to include whole genes. Variation in gene copy number can influence the activity of genes and ultimately affect many body functions.

Researchers were surprised to learn that copy number variation accounts for a significant amount of genetic difference between people. More than 10 percent of human DNA appears to contain these differences in gene copy number. While much of this variation does not affect health or development, some differences likely influence a person’s risk of disease and response to certain drugs. Future research will focus on the consequences of copy number variation in different parts of the genome and study the contribution of these variations to many types of disease.

Can a change in the number of genes affect health and development? - Genetics Home Reference

This is very interesting read sure puts doubt on the chimp and human similarity.

HHMI News: Genetic Variation: We're More Different Than We Thought

"A very small percentage of all mutations actually have a positive effect"

Thank you for providing another source that agrees with me.

What scientist says every species that's experienced macroevolution has done so solely by mutation?

I again ask you to at least educate yourself on what evolution is before you deny it.

Genetic drift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like everyone else said, you can't deny macroevolution and accept microevolution. You're either a full blown science denier or you aren't.

Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In general, macroevolution is regarded as the outcome of long periods of microevolution.[131] Thus, the distinction between micro- and macroevolution is not a fundamental one – the difference is simply the time involved

Last edited:
You're still missing the point,beneficial mutations are still too rare to evolve every creature that supposedly evolved.

[snip wall of text that the poster doesn't understand]

Provide a mathematical proof of this in your own words. Demonstrate that you understand

1) How the process of evolution works according to current theory
2) How to calculate the probability of a key evolutionary development, say the emergence of photosynthesis or of the spinal column, over the time that actually was allowed for its development
3) How to calculate, from this, the probability of evolution resulting in the species development that we observe over time.
4) That this probability is insignificant.

No more walls of text, please. I'm satisfied you know how to cut and paste; you don't need to demonstrate that ability again.

Anything else?

Are Mutations Harmful?

Insertion (illustration)
Deletion (illustration)

What scientist says every species that's experienced macroevolution has done so solely by mutation?

I again ask you to at least educate yourself on what evolution is before you deny it.

Like everyone else said, you can't deny macroevolution and accept microevolution. You're either a full blown science denier or you aren't.

In general, macroevolution is regarded as the outcome of long periods of microevolution.[131] Thus, the distinction between micro- and macroevolution is not a fundamental one – the difference is simply the time involved

What that does is prove my point they are to rare to cause everything to evolve as evolutionist claim.

Insertion (illustration)
Deletion (illustration)

What that does is prove my point they are to rare to cause everything to evolve as evolutionist claim.

You're still missing the point,beneficial mutations are still too rare to evolve every creature that supposedly evolved.

Provide a mathematical proof of this in your own words. Demonstrate that you understand

2) How to calculate the probability of a key evolutionary development, say the emergence of photosynthesis or of the spinal column, over the time that actually was allowed for its development
3) How to calculate, from this, the probability of evolution resulting in the species development that we observe over time.

No more walls of text, please. I'm satisfied you know how to cut and paste; you don't need to demonstrate that ability again.

Did you not read anything drock posted so I am gonna repeat what he posted. And what I have learned over the years ?

How bout you explain it ,it's your theory and provide evidence to prove it.

I did for mine now It's your turn.

Surprise,surprise,I am quoting evolutionist that are explaining mutations since you do not like creationist explaining it to you. You didn't expect them to support my views do you ? :lol:

Did you not read anything drock posted so I am gonna repeat what he posted. And what I have learned over the years ?

Actually you didn't. You have refused to provide this evidence as directly asked of you.

It's also worth noting that you still have not provided a precise, meaningful definition of the term "kind."

Surprise,surprise,I am quoting evolutionist that are explaining mutations since you do not like creationist explaining it to you. You didn't expect them to support my views do you ? :lol:

No i don't expect scientists to support your views.

You keep saying scientists say mutations affected every species that's been a part of macroevolution, I'm saying that's horse shit, please provide proof of your assessment that ONE scientist says "mutations have affected every species."

Actually you didn't. You have refused to provide this evidence as directly asked of you.

It's also worth noting that you still have not provided a precise, meaningful definition of the term "kind."

Go back and read and look at the pictures.

I don't need to prove creation because it is based on rational thought and faith do you understand this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back