Creator of Infamous Hockey Stick Graph Refuses to Turn Over Data to Court

The man behind the Climategate Scandal where he admitted in emails he would destroy the man made global warming fake data rather than have other scientists look at it.......is now in Contempt of Court. He sued Mark Styen, who called him out for his fake data.....and now, he is refusing to produce his data for the court....

Articles: Things Get Hot for Michael Mann

He did even worse; he launched a campaign of punitive lawsuits against anyone who criticized him. He has sued Mark Steyn, National Review Online, and climatologist Dr. Timothy Ball.

Mann shot himself in the foot with that last. For several years, Mann had refused to produce his data for the court (in support of his own case), claiming that it was “proprietary.” After missing a February 20th deadline, he now finds himself in contempt. Under Canadian law, the court is now required to dismiss the suit.

John O'Sullivan goes into detail:

"The defendant in the libel trial, the 79-year-old Canadian climatologist, Dr Tim Ball… is expected to instruct his British Columbia attorneys to trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions, including a ruling that Mann did act with criminal intent when using public funds to commit climate data fraud. Mann’s imminent defeat is set to send shock waves worldwide within the climate science community as the outcome will be both a legal and scientific vindication of U.S. President Donald Trump’s claims that climate scare stories are a “hoax.”

[...]

"Michael Mann, who chose to file what many consider to be a cynical SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) libel suit in the British Columbia Supreme Court, Vancouver six long years ago, has astonished legal experts by refusing to comply with the court direction to hand over all his disputed graph’s data. Mann’s iconic hockey stick has been relied upon by the UN’s IPCC and western governments as crucial evidence for the science of ‘man-made global warming.’

As first reported in Principia Scientific International (February 1, 2017), the defendant in the case, Canadian climatologist Dr. Tim Ball, had won “concessions” against Mann, but at the time the details were kept confidential, pending Mann’s response.

The negative and unresponsive actions of Dr Mann and his lawyer, Roger McConchie, are expected to infuriate the judge and be the signal for the collapse of Mann’s multi-million dollar libel suit against Dr Ball. It will be music to the ears of so-called ‘climate deniers’ like President Donald Trump and his EPA Chief, Scott Pruitt."

Mann has been waging lawfare against people who have rightly called him out on his deceptive practices, practices paid for with tax dollars and subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

In point of fact, the Gang Green, the radical environmental lobby promoting the global warming hysteria, has poured massiveamounts of money into the effort, far more than was spent by their opposition.

You claim it is fake so why the fuck do you want it?

If one of your denier buddies want to do research, get their own data. Fuck you people & your constant whining & never ending stupidity of science denial.

Your hero Tim Ball is NOT a climate scientist. He taught geography. He is a fossil fuel funded dumbass whose job is to dupe dumbassses like you.

MMGW deniers are the dumbest people on the planet who hate their children.

I guess prosecutors never wanted Madoff's books, because, you know, they were fake.....

And Bill Nye is a Mechanical Engineer, not a scientist, doesn't stop your side from trotting him out every time you want to make a science point.

I think people who support bloated government spending with countless issued IOU's hate their children.
Tim Ball has a Ph.D., in Historical Climatology from the University of London!

Sent from my iPhone 25S GT Turbo
Frayed knot. It is in Geography

When will you stop lying?

Ball received a bachelor's degree with honors in geography from the University of Winnipeg in 1970, followed by an M.A. from the University of Manitoba in 1971 and a PhD in climatology from Queen Mary University of London in England in 1983.[5][10]

His PhD is in geography. Your ignorance does not make me a liar.

The man behind the Climategate Scandal where he admitted in emails he would destroy the man made global warming fake data rather than have other scientists look at it.......is now in Contempt of Court. He sued Mark Styen, who called him out for his fake data.....and now, he is refusing to produce his data for the court....

Articles: Things Get Hot for Michael Mann

He did even worse; he launched a campaign of punitive lawsuits against anyone who criticized him. He has sued Mark Steyn, National Review Online, and climatologist Dr. Timothy Ball.

Mann shot himself in the foot with that last. For several years, Mann had refused to produce his data for the court (in support of his own case), claiming that it was “proprietary.” After missing a February 20th deadline, he now finds himself in contempt. Under Canadian law, the court is now required to dismiss the suit.

John O'Sullivan goes into detail:

"The defendant in the libel trial, the 79-year-old Canadian climatologist, Dr Tim Ball… is expected to instruct his British Columbia attorneys to trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions, including a ruling that Mann did act with criminal intent when using public funds to commit climate data fraud. Mann’s imminent defeat is set to send shock waves worldwide within the climate science community as the outcome will be both a legal and scientific vindication of U.S. President Donald Trump’s claims that climate scare stories are a “hoax.”

[...]

"Michael Mann, who chose to file what many consider to be a cynical SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) libel suit in the British Columbia Supreme Court, Vancouver six long years ago, has astonished legal experts by refusing to comply with the court direction to hand over all his disputed graph’s data. Mann’s iconic hockey stick has been relied upon by the UN’s IPCC and western governments as crucial evidence for the science of ‘man-made global warming.’

As first reported in Principia Scientific International (February 1, 2017), the defendant in the case, Canadian climatologist Dr. Tim Ball, had won “concessions” against Mann, but at the time the details were kept confidential, pending Mann’s response.

The negative and unresponsive actions of Dr Mann and his lawyer, Roger McConchie, are expected to infuriate the judge and be the signal for the collapse of Mann’s multi-million dollar libel suit against Dr Ball. It will be music to the ears of so-called ‘climate deniers’ like President Donald Trump and his EPA Chief, Scott Pruitt."

Mann has been waging lawfare against people who have rightly called him out on his deceptive practices, practices paid for with tax dollars and subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

In point of fact, the Gang Green, the radical environmental lobby promoting the global warming hysteria, has poured massiveamounts of money into the effort, far more than was spent by their opposition.

If one of your denier buddies want to do research, get their own data. Fuck you people & your constant whining & never ending stupidity of science denial.

Your hero Tim Ball is NOT a climate scientist. He taught geography. He is a fossil fuel funded dumbass whose job is to dupe dumbassses like you.

I guess prosecutors never wanted Madoff's books, because, you know, they were fake.....

And Bill Nye is a Mechanical Engineer, not a scientist, doesn't stop your side from trotting him out every time you want to make a science point.

I think people who support bloated government spending with countless issued IOU's hate their children.

Ball received a bachelor's degree with honors in geography from the University of Winnipeg in 1970, followed by an M.A. from the University of Manitoba in 1971 and a PhD in climatology from Queen Mary University of London in England in 1983.[5][10]

Never. Modern climatology has been built on lying. They can't stop now.

Since when? . what do you think this is all about.

Since forever. It's right here. That's why your claims look so crazy.

Index of /holocene/public_html/shared/research/MANNETAL98

So, given that all the data is available, are any of the deniers willing to admit they fell for yet another denier fake news story? Or, purely out of cult religious devotion, will you all keep bitterly clinging to the big lie?

So even someone in geography can see Mann's work was bullshit. So what's your point again?

The only denial comes from AGW propagandists, their subsidized advocates and the sheeple who lap up the BS.
There is plenty of science refuting and debunking AGW alarmism. Problem is you'll never know about it if you continue to rely on MSM and other left wing propagandists.

There is far more saying it is real. I have not read anything from a denier that was not debunked.

Fuck you your MSN biullshit. Like you asswipes don't worship Rush Limbaugh & infowars & fox news,

I read the science from science sources. I like NASA. I guess you think NASA is FAKE NEWS?

Research is subsidized by the government & universities. Deniers are funded by the Fossil Fuel Industry.
Again, you rely on the common lefty deflection, including the usual disparagement of the skeptics by the propaganda of alarmists. The AGW alarmists refuse to publicly debate. They only propagate and disparage.
Do some research.
I've read plenty. I've read the deniers & how they were debunked.

The idea you put your children at risk because you were duped is a sad sad thing.

Years from now, when the effects of global warming heightened, your kids will look back & wonder why their Dad was so very stupid.
God almighty, we've got a right one here.

Breaking: Michael Mann Doubles Down over ‘Contempt’ Issue | Principia Scientific International

My ignorance you dweeb

What part of my post can't you comprehend?

PhD in climatology from Queen Mary University of London in England in 1983.[5][10]

The only denial comes from AGW propagandists, their subsidized advocates and the sheeple who lap up the BS.
There is plenty of science refuting and debunking AGW alarmism. Problem is you'll never know about it if you continue to rely on MSM and other left wing propagandists.

There is far more saying it is real. I have not read anything from a denier that was not debunked.

Fuck you your MSN biullshit. Like you asswipes don't worship Rush Limbaugh & infowars & fox news,

I read the science from science sources. I like NASA. I guess you think NASA is FAKE NEWS?

Research is subsidized by the government & universities. Deniers are funded by the Fossil Fuel Industry.
Again, you rely on the common lefty deflection, including the usual disparagement of the skeptics by the propaganda of alarmists. The AGW alarmists refuse to publicly debate. They only propagate and disparage.
Do some research.

The idea you put your children at risk because you were duped is a sad sad thing.

Years from now, when the effects of global warming heightened, your kids will look back & wonder why their Dad was so very stupid.
God almighty we've got a right one here.

Breaking: Michael Mann Doubles Down over ‘Contempt’ Issue | Principia Scientific International

He received a PhD in historical climatology at London University.

Do some research.

God almighty, we've got a right one here.

Here is the good part to your link...

Under British Columbia case law (see below) Mann’s breach is both an unlawful act as well as an admission of guilt.

--------

Readers will note no mention there of the intentional failure of Michael Mann to comply with the terms of the agreement. The surrender of Mann’s hidden ‘hockey stick’ data had to have been made by the deadline date of February 20, 2017.

The key words omitted by these climate ‘fake news’ peddlers are that Ball:

“…agreed to an adjournment with conditions. The major one was that he [Mann] produce all documents including computer codes by February 20th, 2017. He failed to meet the deadline.”

Adverse Inference Jury Instruction

Now, Mr. McConchie is billed as Canada’s top libel lawyer. So, he should know the consequences of his client’s failure to “produce all documents including computer codes” by the agreed deadline.

Of course, no judge has made any ruling on that issue – yet. This is because the court must wait until Ball’s lawyers have carefully fashioned a suitable remedy before they may rubber stamp it. What Tim Ball’s choice of remedy remains to be seen. The laws in British Columbia provide Ball with some powerful options. Not least of which is invoking the ‘adverse inference’ doctrine (a remedy to make a litigant whole again in the event the opposing party contemptuously withholds/destroys data).

Now let’s see some more of just how much the wheels are coming off Mann’s legal train. McConchie flounders:

Do some research.

No years from now your kids will look back at how gullible and ignorant of basic science you were.

Global temps have fallen back to pre-El Nino levels.

Global Temperatures Drop Back To Pre-El Nino Levels | Principia Scientific International

a PhD in climatology from Queen Mary University of London in England in 1983.[5][10]

No. There's no such thing as "PhD in climatology". Ball made that up. Colleges don't have a "department of climatology". He had a PhD in geology, which at the time, was the squishiest and softest of all the sciences.

Modern climatologists, of course, have hard science backgrounds, usually a PhD in physics.

a PhD in climatology from Queen Mary University of London in England in 1983.[5][10]

No. There's no such thing as "PhD in climatology". Ball made that up. Colleges don't have a "department of climatology". He had a PhD in geology, which at the time, was the squishiest and softest of all the sciences.

Modern climatologists, of course, have hard science backgrounds, usually a PhD in physics.

Who cares.....Ball could have a Ph.d. in basket weaving...mann is still not coughing up the data......

So, given that all the data is available, are any of the deniers willing to admit they fell for yet another denier fake news story? Or, purely out of cult religious devotion, will you all keep bitterly clinging to the big lie?
Thanks for linking to the BS. There is not even 200k of data there. My personal weather station gathers 25MB a year. That's one data point if you can't figure that out either.

Excuse me?

And quit trying to spin it.

Former U-Va. climate scientist Michael Mann awarded $250 by state supreme court.

And again, it's all fiction.

Wild unsupported claims by PSI, where Tim Ball is a chairman, are not what normal people would consider to be a reliable source.

Normal people would correctly classify it as "fake news". And all the deniers here are eating it up. They all literally don't care at all that there's no evidence to back up the crazy story, or that they told the exact same crazy story 3 years ago, or that the evidence they say is being withheld is publicly available on the internet.

It's a mixture of religious mania and mob cowardice. None of the deniers wants to admit the story is fake, because if they were honest like that, the rest of their cult mob would turn on them.

And again, it's all fiction.

Wild unsupported claims by PSI, where Tim Ball is a chairman, are not what normal people would consider to be a reliable source.

Normal people would correctly classify it as "fake news". And all the deniers here are eating it up. They all literally don't care at all that there's no evidence to back up the crazy story, or that they told the exact same crazy story 3 years ago, or that the evidence they say is being withheld is publicly available on the internet.

It's a mixture of religious mania and mob cowardice. None of the deniers wants to admit the story is fake, because if they were honest like that, the rest of their cult mob would turn on them.

So there is not a court case going on in Canada ?.....

You seem very convinced. When I see someone so convinced, I wonder why? In order for a thing to convince me so thoroughly, I need to see some very convincing evidence...and since we are talking about an observable, measurable, quantifiable physical reaction, I would expect to see at least some observed, measured, quantified evidence supporting the claim that our CO2 emissions, or any CO2 emissions for that matter are altering the global climate. Just a tiny bit of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability.

So have you seen any such evidence? I certainly haven't and I have been looking for a couple of decades. How about you show me some of the actual physical evidence that has convinced you to such a high degree...or you could just save time and admit that you are a political dupe and really wouldn't know actual evidence if it bit you on the ass but people that you agree with politically told you that it was bad so you just took up the sky is falling flag and wave it around because that is what good little dupes do.

Forum List

Back