Creator of Infamous Hockey Stick Graph Refuses to Turn Over Data to Court

You claim it is fake so why the fuck do you want it?

If one of your denier buddies want to do research, get their own data. Fuck you people & your constant whining & never ending stupidity of science denial.

Your hero Tim Ball is NOT a climate scientist. He taught geography. He is a fossil fuel funded dumbass whose job is to dupe dumbassses like you.

MMGW deniers are the dumbest people on the planet who hate their children.

This is either the stupidest defense or the smartest mockery of global warming I have ever read. Thank you!

Thread summary:

A kook website made up a crazy story about Dr. Mann, and all the deniers fell for it.

Kooks, you did notice that the PSI story just made a lot of crazy claims and didn't back them up at all, right? Oh wait, none of you even read the story. You just saw a headline and BELIEVED. That's why your masters appreciate your service as Useful Idiots.

That PSI piece has a bunch of whoppers. For example, it claims Mann sued Ball under SLAPP, which is incorrect. Mann sued Ball for libel. If the article gets something so basic so totally wrong, why would you trust it?

Seriously, why are all you deniers so damn gullible?

^^^^ Did he just say what I think he said?

Hey doufus he sued them under libel laws do you even know what SLAPP means? lol

Give up mamooth your AGW cult is going down.

Strategic lawsuit against public participation - Wikipedia

Strategic lawsuit against public participation
A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) is a lawsuit that is intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition.[1]Such lawsuits have been made illegal in many jurisdictions on the grounds that they impede freedom of speech.

The typical SLAPP plaintiff does not normally expect to win the lawsuit. The plaintiff's goals are accomplished if the defendant succumbs to fear, intimidation, mounting legal costs or simple exhaustion and abandons the criticism. In some cases, repeated frivolous litigation against a defendant may raise the cost of directors and officers liability insurance for that party, interfering with an organization's ability to operate.[2] A SLAPP may also intimidate others from participating in the debate. A SLAPP is often preceded by a legal threat.

I suggest you actually look at the Court ruling there little mammy. It is YOU who are the kook.

I suggest you link to the court rulings that you're pretending are backing you up. If you're not just making it all up, that should be easy for you. You're the one making the positive claim, so the burden of proof is on you.

Ruh-roh. You're in trouble now. I just called your bluff. You've never looked at the court rulings, and you have no idea of where to look for them. Why yes, it is that obvious.

None of the deniers here have looked at the court rulings. All of them simply BELIEVED an unhinged rant from a conspiracy website. None of them is going to back up their crazy claims. They can't, because those claims are fictional. They've been busted as frauds again, so they're going to escalate their meltdowns instead as a way of deflecting.

Is it just me I am must giddy over this it's like everything came together in the past year..

Cubs won

Trump beat Hillary

Clemson beat Alabama and now Michael Mann could be going to jail :)

This is funny on Micheal Mann with peer review now..

Scott Pruitt wants to hijack the peer-review process to push bad climate science

The system they describe is precisely what scientific peer-review is,” Michael Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Pennsylvania State University, told ThinkProgress via email. “The reality is that the only thing these folks don’t like is the conclusion that the scientific community (that is, the world’s scientists, literally) has arrived at — that climate change is real, human-caused, and a threat.”

Translation ~ we make shit up

If one of your denier buddies want to do research, get their own data. Fuck you people & your constant whining & never ending stupidity of science denial.

Your hero Tim Ball is NOT a climate scientist. He taught geography. He is a fossil fuel funded dumbass whose job is to dupe dumbassses like you.

This is either the stupidest defense or the smartest mockery of global warming I have ever read. Thank you!

Real researchers are sick & tired of denier pretend scientists & non-climatologists taking their data & making up a story why their conclusions are wrong.

I don't blame them for not handing it out. These people should do their own research.

I suggest you actually look at the Court ruling there little mammy. It is YOU who are the kook.

I suggest you link to the court rulings that you're pretending are backing you up. If you're not just making it all up, that should be easy for you. You're the one making the positive claim, so the burden of proof is on you.

Ruh-roh. You're in trouble now. I just called your bluff. You've never looked at the court rulings, and you have no idea of where to look for them. Why yes, it is that obvious.

None of the deniers here have looked at the court rulings. All of them simply BELIEVED an unhinged rant from a conspiracy website. None of them is going to back up their crazy claims. They can't, because those claims are fictional. They've been busted as frauds again, so they're going to escalate their meltdowns instead as a way of deflecting.

The Court has not responded to this latest act of mann. They still have to have that hearing. But mann is in breach of Court Order. The only thing that remains is his punishment. His lawyer is acting like everything is A-OK, because that's what lawyers do. But the reality is far different. This is what happens when arrogant pricks, like mann, get caught.

The only denial comes from AGW propagandists, their subsidized advocates and the sheeple who lap up the BS.
There is plenty of science refuting and debunking AGW alarmism. Problem is you'll never know about it if you continue to rely on MSM and other left wing propagandists.

There is far more saying it is real. I have not read anything from a denier that was not debunked.

Fuck you your MSN biullshit. Like you asswipes don't worship Rush Limbaugh & infowars & fox news,

I read the science from science sources. I like NASA. I guess you think NASA is FAKE NEWS?

Research is subsidized by the government & universities. Deniers are funded by the Fossil Fuel Industry.

Hey doufus he sued them under libel laws do you even know what SLAPP means?

It's not SLAPP just because you wish it was.

In Mann vs. Steyn, they've dismissed Steyn's anti-SLAPP counterclaims twice, with some rather harsh language towards Steyn.

I don't believe Ball has filed such a counterclaim, so he doesn't seem to believe it either.

The interesting thing is that absolutely nothing has happened recently in the Mann vs. Ball case. That crazy piece piece from PSI just popped out of nowhere for no reason, and the rest of the alt-right whinosphere instantly started parroting it. It's kind of the textbook definition of fake news.

The only denial comes from AGW propagandists, their subsidized advocates and the sheeple who lap up the BS.
There is plenty of science refuting and debunking AGW alarmism. Problem is you'll never know about it if you continue to rely on MSM and other left wing propagandists.

There is far more saying it is real. I have not read anything from a denier that was not debunked.

Fuck you your MSN biullshit. Like you asswipes don't worship Rush Limbaugh & infowars & fox news,

I read the science from science sources. I like NASA. I guess you think NASA is FAKE NEWS?

Research is subsidized by the government & universities. Deniers are funded by the Fossil Fuel Industry.
Again, you rely on the common lefty deflection, including the usual disparagement of the skeptics by the propaganda of alarmists. The AGW alarmists refuse to publicly debate. They only propagate and disparage.
Do some research.

Anybody who would rely on a mere 1000-2000 years of data to declare major planet climate shift is a fool.
I don't care if any temperature rise can be proven. What happens if CO2 and other GHGs keep rising? The trapped energy has to do something. Logic should tell you that temps will rise.

What "trapped" energy. Can you provide a single bit of observed, measured data demonstrating that CO2 or any so called greenhouse gas other than water actually "traps" energy?

Logic demands that you first determine if your beliefs are true...CO2 doesn't trap anything.

Exactly!
Only water vapor can absorb and emit photons.

DERP!

The Court has not responded to this latest act of mann.

Then I'm sure you can link to an actual source showing that.

Oh wait, you can't, because the entire thing is totally fictional.

They still have to have that hearing. But mann is in breach of Court Order. The only thing that remains is his punishment. His lawyer is acting like everything is A-OK, because that's what lawyers do. But the reality is far different. This is what happens when arrogant pricks, like mann, get caught.

Mann responded to this exact same kook claim in Feb 2014.

Michael E. Mann

So, you resurrected a dumb story that was debunked over 3 years ago. Your side made the same crazy claims, all completely unsupported, that Mann was going to jail. And in that 3 years ... nothing. How does your conspiracy theory explain that? Reality explains it very easily. Your side just made up a load of nonsense.

Also, Mann's data can be reached at this page, so it's really crazy to claim the data is hidden.

Data Sources

The Court has not responded to this latest act of mann.

Then I'm sure you can link to an actual source showing that.

Oh wait, you can't, because the entire thing is totally fictional.

They still have to have that hearing. But mann is in breach of Court Order. The only thing that remains is his punishment. His lawyer is acting like everything is A-OK, because that's what lawyers do. But the reality is far different. This is what happens when arrogant pricks, like mann, get caught.

Mann responded to this exact same kook claim in Feb 2014.

Michael E. Mann

So, you resurrected a dumb story that was debunked over 3 years ago. Your side made the same crazy claims, all completely unsupported, that Mann was going to jail. And in that 3 years ... nothing. How does your conspiracy theory explain that? Reality explains it very easily. Your side just made up a load of nonsense.

Also, Mann's data can be reached at this page, so it's really crazy to claim the data is hidden.

Data Sources

He's only been in breach for a couple of days silly kitty. Unlike your TV based reality, the Courts move slowly. Life is not an episode of CSI you know. You do know that don't you? Or are you so lost in la la land that you can't figure that out for yourself?

Again, you rely on the common lefty deflection, including the usual disparagement of the skeptics by the propaganda of alarmists. The AGW alarmists refuse to publicly debate. They only propagate and disparage.
Do some research.
I've read plenty. I've read the deniers & how they were debunked.

The idea you put your children at risk because you were duped is a sad sad thing.

Years from now, when the effects of global warming heightened, your kids will look back & wonder why their Dad was so very stupid.

Hey doufus he sued them under libel laws do you even know what SLAPP means?

It's not SLAPP just because you wish it was.

In Mann vs. Steyn, they've dismissed Steyn's anti-SLAPP counterclaims twice, with some rather harsh language towards Steyn.

I don't believe Ball has filed such a counterclaim, so he doesn't seem to believe it either.

The interesting thing is that absolutely nothing has happened recently in the Mann vs. Ball case. That crazy piece piece from PSI just popped out of nowhere for no reason, and the rest of the alt-right whinosphere instantly started parroting it. It's kind of the textbook definition of fake news.

You stupid and didn't even know what SLAPP meant.

Once again you don't have a clue..fossil fuel funds Universities tard.

And nope you just read propaganda.

The man behind the Climategate Scandal where he admitted in emails he would destroy the man made global warming fake data rather than have other scientists look at it.......is now in Contempt of Court. He sued Mark Styen, who called him out for his fake data.....and now, he is refusing to produce his data for the court....

Articles: Things Get Hot for Michael Mann

He did even worse; he launched a campaign of punitive lawsuits against anyone who criticized him. He has sued Mark Steyn, National Review Online, and climatologist Dr. Timothy Ball.

Mann shot himself in the foot with that last. For several years, Mann had refused to produce his data for the court (in support of his own case), claiming that it was “proprietary.” After missing a February 20th deadline, he now finds himself in contempt. Under Canadian law, the court is now required to dismiss the suit.

John O'Sullivan goes into detail:

"The defendant in the libel trial, the 79-year-old Canadian climatologist, Dr Tim Ball… is expected to instruct his British Columbia attorneys to trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions, including a ruling that Mann did act with criminal intent when using public funds to commit climate data fraud. Mann’s imminent defeat is set to send shock waves worldwide within the climate science community as the outcome will be both a legal and scientific vindication of U.S. President Donald Trump’s claims that climate scare stories are a “hoax.”

[...]

"Michael Mann, who chose to file what many consider to be a cynical SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) libel suit in the British Columbia Supreme Court, Vancouver six long years ago, has astonished legal experts by refusing to comply with the court direction to hand over all his disputed graph’s data. Mann’s iconic hockey stick has been relied upon by the UN’s IPCC and western governments as crucial evidence for the science of ‘man-made global warming.’

As first reported in Principia Scientific International (February 1, 2017), the defendant in the case, Canadian climatologist Dr. Tim Ball, had won “concessions” against Mann, but at the time the details were kept confidential, pending Mann’s response.

The negative and unresponsive actions of Dr Mann and his lawyer, Roger McConchie, are expected to infuriate the judge and be the signal for the collapse of Mann’s multi-million dollar libel suit against Dr Ball. It will be music to the ears of so-called ‘climate deniers’ like President Donald Trump and his EPA Chief, Scott Pruitt."

Mann has been waging lawfare against people who have rightly called him out on his deceptive practices, practices paid for with tax dollars and subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

In point of fact, the Gang Green, the radical environmental lobby promoting the global warming hysteria, has poured massiveamounts of money into the effort, far more than was spent by their opposition.

I guess prosecutors never wanted Madoff's books, because, you know, they were fake.....

And Bill Nye is a Mechanical Engineer, not a scientist, doesn't stop your side from trotting him out every time you want to make a science point.

I think people who support bloated government spending with countless issued IOU's hate their children.
Tim Ball has a Ph.D., in Historical Climatology from the University of London!

Sent from my iPhone 25S GT Turbo
Frayed knot. It is in Geography

He's only been in breach for a couple of days silly kitty.

Again, what evidence says that?

That's the point. There's literally no evidence to back up that claim, but you still all believe it, purely out of religious faith. That's the same thing that deniers base all of their "science" on.

Do some research.
I've read plenty. I've read the deniers & how they were debunked.

The idea you put your children at risk because you were duped is a sad sad thing.

Years from now, when the effects of global warming heightened, your kids will look back & wonder why their Dad was so very stupid.

No years from now your kids will look back at how gullible and ignorant of basic science you were.

He's only been in breach for a couple of days silly kitty.

Again, what evidence says that?

That's the point. There's literally no evidence to back up that claim, but you still all believe it, purely out of religious faith. That's the same thing that deniers base all of their "science" on.

Ha ha Candian court is not like US Mann has to provide his data and not keep it a secret.

We believe he [Mann] withheld on the basis of a US court ruling that it was all his intellectual property. This ruling was made despite the fact the US taxpayer paid for the research and the research results were used as the basis of literally earth-shattering policies on energy and environment. The problem for him is that the Canadian court holds that you cannot withhold documents that are central to your charge of defamation regardless of the US ruling.”

The man behind the Climategate Scandal where he admitted in emails he would destroy the man made global warming fake data rather than have other scientists look at it.......is now in Contempt of Court. He sued Mark Styen, who called him out for his fake data.....and now, he is refusing to produce his data for the court....

Articles: Things Get Hot for Michael Mann

He did even worse; he launched a campaign of punitive lawsuits against anyone who criticized him. He has sued Mark Steyn, National Review Online, and climatologist Dr. Timothy Ball.

Mann shot himself in the foot with that last. For several years, Mann had refused to produce his data for the court (in support of his own case), claiming that it was “proprietary.” After missing a February 20th deadline, he now finds himself in contempt. Under Canadian law, the court is now required to dismiss the suit.

John O'Sullivan goes into detail:

"The defendant in the libel trial, the 79-year-old Canadian climatologist, Dr Tim Ball… is expected to instruct his British Columbia attorneys to trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions, including a ruling that Mann did act with criminal intent when using public funds to commit climate data fraud. Mann’s imminent defeat is set to send shock waves worldwide within the climate science community as the outcome will be both a legal and scientific vindication of U.S. President Donald Trump’s claims that climate scare stories are a “hoax.”

[...]

"Michael Mann, who chose to file what many consider to be a cynical SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) libel suit in the British Columbia Supreme Court, Vancouver six long years ago, has astonished legal experts by refusing to comply with the court direction to hand over all his disputed graph’s data. Mann’s iconic hockey stick has been relied upon by the UN’s IPCC and western governments as crucial evidence for the science of ‘man-made global warming.’

As first reported in Principia Scientific International (February 1, 2017), the defendant in the case, Canadian climatologist Dr. Tim Ball, had won “concessions” against Mann, but at the time the details were kept confidential, pending Mann’s response.

The negative and unresponsive actions of Dr Mann and his lawyer, Roger McConchie, are expected to infuriate the judge and be the signal for the collapse of Mann’s multi-million dollar libel suit against Dr Ball. It will be music to the ears of so-called ‘climate deniers’ like President Donald Trump and his EPA Chief, Scott Pruitt."

Mann has been waging lawfare against people who have rightly called him out on his deceptive practices, practices paid for with tax dollars and subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

In point of fact, the Gang Green, the radical environmental lobby promoting the global warming hysteria, has poured massiveamounts of money into the effort, far more than was spent by their opposition.

I guess prosecutors never wanted Madoff's books, because, you know, they were fake.....

And Bill Nye is a Mechanical Engineer, not a scientist, doesn't stop your side from trotting him out every time you want to make a science point.

I think people who support bloated government spending with countless issued IOU's hate their children.
Tim Ball has a Ph.D., in Historical Climatology from the University of London!

Sent from my iPhone 25S GT Turbo
Frayed knot. It is in Geography

When will you stop lying?

Ball received a bachelor's degree with honors in geography from the University of Winnipeg in 1970, followed by an M.A. from the University of Manitoba in 1971 and a PhD in climatology from Queen Mary University of London in England in 1983.[5][10]

Forum List

Back