Credit Where Credit is Due

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Say what you will about the French, but from what I can see in coverage of D-Day anniversary events, France continues to gratefully treat D-Day veterans like rock stars. I see footage of surviving veterans being wheeled through villages lined with French children waving American flags, calling out their thanks, and even crying just to be in the presence of such heroes.

That's class.

Say what you will about the French, but from what I can see in coverage of D-Day anniversary events, France continues to gratefully treat D-Day veterans like rock stars. I see footage of surviving veterans being wheeled through villages lined with French children waving American flags, calling out their thanks, and even crying just to be in the presence of such heroes.

That's class.
You just posted a first rate OP.

That's class.
yeah man ... those veterans deserve the gratitude they are being shown ..

That's class.

My oldest brother landed on Juno Beach on D-Day, and was wounded by shrapnell. He was 21 years old at the time. He recovered, but the war was over for him. Reg was always my hero.

I was chatting with his oldest daughter yesterday, and she didn't even know her Dad participated in D-Day or that he had been wounded. He never ever talked about it.

Forum List

Back