Crusades?

When the crusaders first plundered Jerusalem they murdered everyone Muslims, Jews even Christians. Then they ravaged all the temples and holy places. The crusades ultimately failed because they were corrupt to begin with.

So you mean they did the same as Muslims did at worst? The fact is putting cities to the sword when they refused to surrender was a practice all armies engaged in for thousands of years, dumbass; it was SOP. You got nothing. Muslims and Jews did just fine under the Christian conquests, better than they did under their previous rulers, which is why the Christian rulers had little to fear from revolts.

All these lame attempts to claim Da Evul Xians were worse than their pagan enemies is always pure rubbish, written by morons.

Given from a perspective of today and not then. Back then Wars were to the death.............They were VERY BRUTAL......and it was the norm.

Even in the times of WWI the Ottomans versus the Armenians.......they were at War.......They marched whole families out into the desert and slaughtered over a million people and played football with their heads......War is brutal and even more brutal back then.

The Ottomans held so much territory not because they were nice.......If a village rose against them..........They would slaughter the entire village as a lesson to anyone else who dared to oppose them. The Middle East is a giant Tomb Stone of War in the sand box.
And everyone you're speaking of weren't in a democracy and didn't have warfare codified. So why do we still have wars. I guess we're still not totally civilized.

And everyone you're speaking of weren't in a democracy and didn't have warfare codified. So why do we still have wars. I guess we're still not totally civilized.
LOL Wars are eternal Only a fool would think that they are not.

And my point stands..........You use to today's beliefs to VIRTUE SIGNAL how they were back then. Not in the same context or beliefs of the time.

Back then when they went to War..........it was TOTAL WAR.........WIN OR DIE.......Hardly the same now........We play by rules..while the enemy does not and SAY WE ARE NOBEL as we drag out Wars forever leading to perpetual WAR. Only ones who win there are those making money off of it.

LOL Wars are eternal Only a fool would think that they are not.

And my point stands..........You use to today's beliefs to VIRTUE SIGNAL how they were back then. Not in the same context or beliefs of the time.

Back then when they went to War..........it was TOTAL WAR.........WIN OR DIE.......Hardly the same now........We play by rules..while the enemy does not and SAY WE ARE NOBEL as we drag out Wars forever leading to perpetual WAR. Only ones who win there are those making money off of it.

Your opinion dooms the human race from never evolving and assuming they're rightful place in the universe. I think we're better than that.

What the mid-terms will look like for the dems once we get going good. ;)

crucade.jpg

Dems are, by and large, enemies of the Republic.

Consider this, when was the last time you ever heard a dem talk about protecting our Republic?

They are all about a Mobocracy, nothing else.
When you can call your political opponents enemies you are an extremist. Extremism is not good in the democracy; a democracy needs its political parties to be able to work together. When they cannot do that, when they fail to do that, the democracy will die. Cooperation and Goodwill are two of the things that helped make America great, without them we are all finished.

At school I learned that the Crusades were "evil" and meant plunder and murder and were "intolerant" or Islamophobic etc. I also learned that Islam was peaceful and more tolerant than Christianity, the golden flower of Islam, science, progress, tolerance. But since the 9/11 war on terror I have come to realize that the Crusades were proclaimed very late, after Islam had already conquered half the world and forced Islam. In fact, they were used for defense. I also know now that Islam is not tolerant, and that Islam is at least as warlike and is out for conquest.

That's why I like the Crusaders now. Completely different from what I learned at school and what I believed at the time.

Actually Islam was just as violent. The crusades were evil. The inquisition was evil. They have always been evil.

When you can call your political opponents enemies you are an extremist. Extremism is not good in the democracy; a democracy needs its political parties to be able to work together. When they cannot do that, when they fail to do that, the democracy will die. Cooperation and Goodwill are two of the things that helped make America great, without them we are all finished.
Its all about greed today, every side.

That's a good position to adopt in order do nothing about any of it.
Jesus has promised to wipe every mortal govt off this earth-Daniel 2:44) -Rev 16--With 3 inspired expressions from satans side, he misleads every kingdom( govt,armies,supporters) to stand in opposition to Jesus. Rev 19:11 on is the result.= 99% on earth.

At school I learned that the Crusades were "evil" and meant plunder and murder and were "intolerant" or Islamophobic etc. I also learned that Islam was peaceful and more tolerant than Christianity, the golden flower of Islam, science, progress, tolerance. But since the 9/11 war on terror I have come to realize that the Crusades were proclaimed very late, after Islam had already conquered half the world and forced Islam. In fact, they were used for defense. I also know now that Islam is not tolerant, and that Islam is at least as warlike and is out for conquest.

That's why I like the Crusaders now. Completely different from what I learned at school and what I believed at the time.

I'm not catholic, but the "Crusades" saved Western Civilization from violent Islam.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Jesus has promised to wipe every mortal govt off this earth-Daniel 2:44) -Rev 16--With 3 inspired expressions from satans side, he misleads every kingdom( govt,armies,supporters) to stand in opposition to Jesus. Rev 19:11 on is the result.= 99% on earth.
That's an even better position to adopt to do nothing about any of it.

Forum List

Back