CSP plants could run at 80 percent capacity (or better) throughout the year

What we have learned in hydraulic fracking for natural gas we will apply to the hot dry geothermal areas like Nevada, and provide another source of clean energy.

The more solar and wind power, the less fossil fuel we need to burn. Good for most. Bad for those who make their money drilling and franking.

Bad? Wages for drilling completion crews are far higher than the median wage in this country, and this ALL was happening while wind and solar were being built out like gangbusters.

So no…not bad at all.

warf said:
It's interesting the Germany has been able to shut down their nukes by shifting to solar and wind. Are they smarter than us?

Hardly. They haven't yet brought down their natural gas prices through drilling and then hydraulically fracturing any and all tight and shale formations throughout there country. Dumbasses for sure!

Sure.. ON PAPER -- you could build 2 IDENTICAL CSP plants.. Run one during the day, and keep the other off-line storing energy til the evening. But then their definition of "efficiency" is f'd up. And spacing them over 2 or 3 time zones might add a couple hours to the operation, but are they counting the distribution losses?

Amazing what Matthew thinks the definition of efficient is.

Washington state has huge hydro-electric generation that has a DC powerline directly to San Diego. Equivelent to the distances proposed for the CSP lines in Europe and Africa.

Living in the largest off-grid community in Northern California It's clear to me that most of the anti-solar rhetoric is based on fantasy.

It's not the ultimate solution. But it then there never was a one-way-does-it-all energy source.

In my neighborhood a couple thousand watts of PV and a decent battery bank give you all the electricity you need. Most of us have installed much less.

The more solar and wind power, the less fossil fuel we need to burn. Good for most. Bad for those who make their money drilling and fracking.

It's interesting the Germany has been able to shut down their nukes by shifting to solar and wind. Are they smarter than us?

I agree with your post besides the germans shutting down their nukes. Talk about a step back.

Living in the largest off-grid community in Northern California It's clear to me that most of the anti-solar rhetoric is based on fantasy.

It's not the ultimate solution. But it then there never was a one-way-does-it-all energy source.

In my neighborhood a couple thousand watts of PV and a decent battery bank give you all the electricity you need. Most of us have installed much less.

The more solar and wind power, the less fossil fuel we need to burn. Good for most. Bad for those who make their money drilling and fracking.

I agree with your post besides the germans shutting down their nukes. Talk about a step back.

What's wrong with the Germans shutting down their nukes?

It seems that replacing a dangerous power source with a safe source would be a good thing.

Forum List

Back