Dangerous Social Media Sites (Apps) For Children-Warning Labels

crossbody

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2024

Surgeon general demands warning label on social media apps​

By David Goldman, CNN
Jun 17, 2024

(CNN) — Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy said the threat social media poses to children requires urgent action, and he demanded Congress to put a label on the apps as it does with cigarettes and alcohol.

To me, the common denominator that always makes a children's site/app dangerous is ADULTS. Any time adults get into those children's sites/apps they bring in adult things and it becomes very dangerous. Filthy-minded adults are the demons that must be kept away from children's sites as much as possible! Sadly adults are also the demons we have keep out of the schools as much as possible, so they do not harm someone else's child.

The U.S. surgeon general, Dr. Vivek Murthy, announced on Monday that he would push for a warning label on social media platforms advising parents that using the platforms might damage adolescents’ mental health.

13 Most Dangerous Social Media Apps for Children:
1. Snapchat
2. Instagram
3.Kik
4. AskFm
5. Tumblr
6. Tinder
7. Whisper
8. Omelge
9. Telegram
10. blendr
11. MeWe
12. TikTok
13. Houseparty

Last edited:
If youtube was not so heavily used by elementary, middle, and high school teaching classes... adults would have heavily contaminated youtube.

Youtube wants to remain in the classrooms, so they do not let in things like underwear commercials or any other overtly sexual things near kid's content.

Last edited:

Surgeon general demands warning label on social media apps​

By David Goldman, CNN
Jun 17, 2024

(CNN) — Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy said the threat social media poses to children requires urgent action, and he demanded Congress to put a label on the apps as it does with cigarettes and alcohol.

I am very, very nearly libertarian. I am not for our nation having a bunch of laws for petty reasons.

BUT.

I have seen first-hand what social media and technology does to kids. TBH it's astounding to me that it's taken us this long to make some kind of stand on it. And it's not just social media; it's the immediate feedback loop of iPads that people give BABIES and toddlers. When they're doing that, they're not exploring with their bodies. So much damage done.

A sudden emergency? Where has he been for the last four years? The only emergency is related to Biden's sinking numbers. Democrats need an issue that will deflect attention to the murder and rape of American citizens by illegal aliens and they just can't seem to focus on anything but Trump.

Born in england to indian parents. He's as american as obama. He wants warning labels on the bad social media outlets. Democrats are out to destroy Ales Jones and Truth Social and Gateway Pundit.

Forum List

Back