Dark Patch in Brains of Killers

shrug--Other research has reached similar conclusions.

It is of some interest to me if not to others.

Last edited:
The dark mass at the front of the brain, he says, appears in all scans of people with records for criminal violence.

Read more: Neurologist discovers 'dark patch' inside brains of killers and rapists | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wow!

If that turns out to be good science, that's going to be a game changer for society.

But one cannot help but wonder what might happen if we also discover that a significant portion of the population has this brain structure who are NOT violent criminals.

Takemy musings just a step further with me...

What happens when(if) we discover that this dark spot is ALSO found in many of us who end up as powerful leaders oin society?

Remember that part of being a great leader is the ability to make those HARD choices like, for example... BOMBING DRESDEN.

I would be willing to bet that some of the most famous leaders throughout history were sociopaths who were in a position to channel their sociopathic modus operandi into behaviors that their society accepted as okay.

I don't think lack of remorse necessarily makes one violent, it just liberates one to do whatever it takes to win.

The dark mass at the front of the brain, he says, appears in all scans of people with records for criminal violence.

Read more: Neurologist discovers 'dark patch' inside brains of killers and rapists | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wow!

If that turns out to be good science, that's going to be a game changer for society.

But one cannot help but wonder what might happen if we also discover that a significant portion of the population has this brain structure who are NOT violent criminals.

Takemy musings just a step further with me...

What happens when(if) we discover that this dark spot is ALSO found in many of us who end up as powerful leaders oin society?
Remember that part of being a great leader is the ability to make those HARD choices like, for example... BOMBING DRESDEN.

I would be willing to bet that some of the most famous leaders throughout history were sociopaths who were in a position to channel their sociopathic modus operandi into behaviors that their society accepted as okay.

I don't think lack of remorse necessarily makes one violent, it just liberates one to do whatever it takes to win.

I think some research has been done on this sort of correlation. If not a specific area of the brain more generalized studies on nature v nurture?

IIRC, the frontal lobe is an area that controls impulses and emotions---at any rate it is not that difficult for me to believe that brain injuries or defects would correlate with abnormal behavior.

Abraham Lincoln might be an example of an individual with 'some sort' of problem that was overcome, for lack of a more precise term.

A considerable amount of research is being done and clearly more is needed.

Forum List

Back