Dead Sea Scrolls exhibits - fake

The idiots who wrote that brief certainly have a very grim view of heterosexuality. Right-wing bible-humpers never, ever will acknowledge that women also experience sexual desire, the same as men, and that men and women want to have loving relationships with each other. They think of women only as passive objects incapable of making up their own minds about what they want to do. They will never acknowledge that women like birth control and many use it.

The right-wingers' assertion that the contraception rule leads to "the maximization of sexual activity" is hilarious. So why do they dislike "sexual activity"? You gotta wonder.

Years ago, a friend sent me a birthday card, which I think was a Gary Larsen. One monk runs up to another monk in the scriptorium, brandishing a manuscript. He says "It doesn't say 'celebate' . . . It says celebrate!"

Yeah, but the word is "celibate", no? Sorry for that one...

But yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you say above.

You can also see the righties whining about "the left" taking a dump on our "Christian culture" - as if Hobby Lobby, a for-profit corporation, were a good representative of that. For righties, Mammon always foremost in mind, it is, of course. That's not exactly "Christian", but hey...

And yes, if you think that sex is fun-free gymnastics for the purpose of procreation, and desire is evil, and their "sex" looks and feels accordingly, I can see why maximizing sexual activity might seem something to be guarded against. Writing this benighted bullshit into law as much as they can is when the real horror starts, and that's why I find they deserve the denomination "Christian-Taliban".

They are indeed the Christian Taliban. So much of what passes for the religion supposedly based on the teachings of Jesus has turned into "don't have sex and you'll get to heaven" as if nothing else counts and sex is sinful. It's been this way since the Middle Ages in Europe. The liturgical calendar was full of days on which you couldn't do "it," married or not. Jesus never said much about sex, but sex became the focal point of the whole exercise.

I'd rather go off into the woods, look at the sky, and think, not just repeat this blather. I don't mean this as any sort of insult to LGBTQs, but I think that heterosexuality should be joyous, person-to-person, no power tripping. Yeah. Celebrate!

'Dead Sea Scrolls fragments' at Museum of the Bible are all fakes, study says

When Steve Green paid millions of dollars from his family fortune for 16 fragments of the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls, it seemed the perfect addition to their new Museum of the Bible in Washington DC.
But now experts have confirmed what has long been suspected: the artefacts proudly displayed in the nation’s capital by the owners of the Hobby Lobby chain of stores are not part of one of the most significant archaeological finds of all time.

They are worthless forgeries, probably made from old shoe leather.

Its a real shame and I sometimes feel we dont need the mystery taken out of life.
Why would you check the authenticity after you have handed over the cash ?

Excellent. This couldn't have happened to a more deplorable, bible-thumping, sanctimonious set of Christian-Taliban bigots. They are responsible for a Supreme Court case that first granted for-profit corporations a claim to religious beliefs - all, of course, part of the Christian-Taliban efforts to get women's reproductive organs back under Christian-Taliban control.

But, of course, since they are for-profit bible-thumpers, they don't even know the first thing about value - they just want to know whether what they have purchased was worth the price.

Did I mention, this couldn't have happened to a more deplorable, bible-thumping, sanctimonious set of Christian-Taliban bigots?

Someone's mad that their rights end where others rights begin.

When Steve Green paid millions of dollars from his family fortune for 16 fragments of the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls, it seemed the perfect addition to their new Museum of the Bible in Washington DC.
But now experts have confirmed what has long been suspected: the artefacts proudly displayed in the nation’s capital by the owners of the Hobby Lobby chain of stores are not part of one of the most significant archaeological finds of all time.

Its a real shame and I sometimes feel we dont need the mystery taken out of life.

Excellent. This couldn't have happened to a more deplorable, bible-thumping, sanctimonious set of Christian-Taliban bigots. They are responsible for a Supreme Court case that first granted for-profit corporations a claim to religious beliefs - all, of course, part of the Christian-Taliban efforts to get women's reproductive organs back under Christian-Taliban control.

But, of course, since they are for-profit bible-thumpers, they don't even know the first thing about value - they just want to know whether what they have purchased was worth the price.

Did I mention, this couldn't have happened to a more deplorable, bible-thumping, sanctimonious set of Christian-Taliban bigots?

this is a concept that the Christian Taliban don't seem to understand.

Thats a bonus.

Why do you think its virtuous for someone to practice Fraud against someone else? Even if you hate the victim, you might be the victim next time.
Where is the fraud?

The story said that the scrolls were "forgeries", sounds pretty fraudulent to me.
But the owners had them checked out so hard to blame them for fraud.

Oh what a brilliant response. I'm going to go around slipping fake cash to every dumb teenage cashier I find. If/when I get caught, I'll just tell the judge "well, they accepted it, so it wasn't fraud". What a rock solid defense you've presented, Tommy. Truly genius. :rolleyes:

this is a concept that the Christian Taliban don't seem to understand.

How so? Hobby Lobby employees have every right to go and purchase birth control. They do NOT have the right to make their employer pay for it. Deal with it, cupcake.

They are indeed the Christian Taliban. So much of what passes for the religion supposedly based on the teachings of Jesus has turned into "don't have sex and you'll get to heaven" as if nothing else counts and sex is sinful. It's been this way since the Middle Ages in Europe. The liturgical calendar was full of days on which you couldn't do "it," married or not. Jesus never said much about sex, but sex became the focal point of the whole exercise.

I'd rather go off into the woods, look at the sky, and think, not just repeat this blather. I don't mean this as any sort of insult to LGBTQs, but I think that heterosexuality should be joyous, person-to-person, no power tripping. Yeah. Celebrate!

Yeah, and LGBTQs should celebrate just as joyfully, maybe in slightly different ways.

Yeah, and LGBTQs should celebrate just as joyfully, maybe in slightly different ways.

I think that they already are in a lot of ways. A few years ago, I went to a coworker's wedding celebration. He finally got to marry the person whom he wanted to spend his life with.

It is disgusting how negative heterosexuality has always been. Seriously, such power-tripping horseshit, "I'm better than you" shit. This is NOT love. Love, support, and praise your partner. Have your partner's back at all times, and rock your baby all night long! (Funny, the Blues Brothers' version of Gimme Some Lovin' just came up on the IPOD). I'm being dramatic, but how do we get heterosexuals to be solid and loyal partners?

I think that they already are in a lot of ways. A few years ago, I went to a coworker's wedding celebration. He finally got to marry the person whom he wanted to spend his life with.

It is disgusting how negative heterosexuality has always been. Seriously, such power-tripping horseshit, "I'm better than you" shit. This is NOT love. Love, support, and praise your partner. Have your partner's back at all times, and rock your baby all night long! (Funny, the Blues Brothers' version of Gimme Some Lovin' just came up on the IPOD). I'm being dramatic, but how do we get heterosexuals to be solid and loyal partners?

I think the big difference is that our homosexual friends used to be willing to acknowledge the fact that they were engaged in an alternative lifestyle, and as one of the crooners of my generation used to sing were "taking a walk on the wild side" In the 70's, the homos, pimps, hoes, johns, voyeurs ,etc., loitered in downtown areas, meeting up with others of similar tastes to engage in alternative life styles.

Homos and pimps and that accepted the idea that most people just didn't accept their lifestyle, although some did and those who wanted to do it, knew where to go.

The new paradigm is that She-Males expect not just to be tolerated, but affirmed and approved of, even by those who have religious objections to perversity. The first time I went into a bar to drink I was just 17. Some Drag Queen walked into the joint, the barkeep immediately through him out, it wasn't that kind of joint.

Old news, most historians always considered these particular exhibits to be fake.

I think the big difference is that our homosexual friends used to be willing to acknowledge the fact that they were engaged in an alternative lifestyle, and as one of the crooners of my generation used to sing were "taking a walk on the wild side" In the 70's, the homos, pimps, hoes, johns, voyeurs ,etc., loitered in downtown areas, meeting up with others of similar tastes to engage in alternative life styles.

Homos and pimps and that accepted the idea that most people just didn't accept their lifestyle, although some did and those who wanted to do it, knew where to go.

The new paradigm is that She-Males expect not just to be tolerated, but affirmed and approved of, even by those who have religious objections to perversity. The first time I went into a bar to drink I was just 17. Some Drag Queen walked into the joint, the barkeep immediately through him out, it wasn't that kind of joint.
Soon you and your weird and dated world vision will be obsolete and the world will be better for it.
The Doctor who has been treating me these last few months will be amused to see himself classed with "hoes,pimps and johns". Its beyond parody.

Obviously, not a sound business decision on the part of hobby lobby.

They should have consulted with trump before making this transaction.

I'm sure he would have been very helpful, you know, art of the deal and all that crap, LOL.

Soon you and your weird and dated world vision will be obsolete and the world will be better for it.
The Doctor who has been treating me these last few months will be amused to see himself classed with "hoes,pimps and johns". Its beyond parody.

Why do you have so much intolerance for Hoes and Pimps and Johns? Does the Homosexual community as a whole really think that they are better than these other folks, who are just doing what you all are doing- pursuing an alternative vision of sexuality?

BTW, at least one of the Democrat candidates during this past election cycle sought to normalize and legalize "sex workers"- the euphemism for these folks.

Why do you have so much intolerance for Hoes and Pimps and Johns? Does the Homosexual community as a whole really think that they are better than these other folks, who are just doing what you all are doing- pursuing an alternative vision of sexuality?

BTW, at least one of the Democrat candidates during this past election cycle sought to normalize and legalize "sex workers"- the euphemism for these folks.
You seem to be saying that all gay people are engaged in prostitution. That is the same as saying that all heterosexuals are involved in prostitution. It is an incredibly silly assertion.

You seem to be saying that all gay people are engaged in prostitution. That is the same as saying that all heterosexuals are involved in prostitution. It is an incredibly silly assertion.

I'm saying nothing of the sort.

Not all homos are involved in prostitution, and not all hoes and pimps are involved in homosexualty. Although I would guess there are some in both groups.

But traditionally, the groups got along, but now the way you are talking, the homos think they are "better" or "more righteous" than their Pimp and John brother or Hoe sisters. Its one thing for homos and others to attack Straight Arrows as prudes or whatever, but what this sounds like is that you are attacking others who are also engaged in alternative sexuality.

What you seem to mean by LGBTs being "willing to acknowledge the fact that they were engaged in an alternative lifestyle" is that they should have continued to accept being kicked around, beaten up, and denied basic rights without complaint. These people have been stalked and attacked while just minding their own business. I had a gay friend who was beaten up.

I don't know what you mean by "affirmed and approved of." Just go about your own business. This is what we all have to do, regardless of what we think of another person. The whole world does not wait on your approval or mine. Moreover, the only people who care about someone's religious beliefs are those who hold them. I really don't care about someone else's beliefs. Why should anyone?

BTW: thanks for reminding me. I just pulled out my Lou Reed.

What you seem to mean by LGBTs being "willing to acknowledge the fact that they were engaged in an alternative lifestyle" is that they should have continued to accept being kicked around, beaten up, and denied basic rights without complaint. These people have been stalked and attacked while just minding their own business. I had a gay friend who was beaten up.

I don't know what you mean by "affirmed and approved of." Just go about your own business. This is what we all have to do, regardless of what we think of another person. The whole world does not wait on your approval or mine. Moreover, the only people who care about someone's religious beliefs are those who hold them. I really don't care about someone else's beliefs. Why should anyone?

I'm all for treating people with respect. What I don't agree with is putting homos and hoes and pimps up on a pedestal as role models, particularly for the youths.

And that's what you are doing when you elevate folks openly engaged in the lifestyle to become school teachers or pastors or political leaders. Believe me, any cop can tell you about prominent people that have been seen getting involved in the alternative lifestyle that everyone thought were normative.

I'm all for treating people with respect. What I don't agree with is putting homos and hoes and pimps up on a pedestal as role models, particularly for the youths.

And that's what you are doing when you elevate folks openly engaged in the lifestyle to become school teachers or pastors or political leaders. Believe me, any cop can tell you about prominent people that have been seen getting involved in the alternative lifestyle that everyone thought were normative.

This makes no sense. LGBTs have a sexual orientation, no matter what their profession, just as heterosexuals do. What matters in being a role model is how good a job they do. "Hoes and pimps" have a profession, and the sex trade does not lead to a position as a teacher, a religious leader, or a political leader.

Actually, the ironic thing is that liberals like Robert Deniro have real disdain for homosexuals as he shows in an interview he gave several years ago. Called them "scum on the street".

And as usual, the left celebrates A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G that paints the Bible, or anything Christian in a negative light.

Think they would laugh and joke if this was about an Islamic event ?

This is why I despise you people, you attack your own culture with EVERY opportunity.

Fuck you guys, and fuck the roach-infested ship you came in on.
You are aware that hebrew language doesn't have swear words aren't you?

Forum List

Back