Dear Mick, You Can't Always Get What You Want

D. Trump has never displayed anything even close to a scintilla of creativity compared to the Rolling Stones.

The song most appropriate for Trump when the video showed him walking slowly across the White House Law all alone after his Rally last Weekend:

I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry
Hank Williams

Hear that lonesome whippoorwill
He sounds too blue to fly
The midnight train is whining low
I'm so lonesome I could cry

I've never seen a night so long
When time goes crawling by
The moon just went behind the clouds
To hide its face and cry
Did you ever see a robin weep
When leaves begin to die
That means he's lost the will to live
The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are

D. Trump has never displayed anything even close to a scintilla of creativity compared to the Rolling Stones.
Don't make me laugh. Trump established his entire business career and fortune on creative solutions to things no one else could do, from cracking into the Manhattan highrise market his own father couldn't touch, to solving ice rink construction problems the entire city couldn't do, to building a highly successful TV brand he gave up to enter politics, to beating out the entire GOP and beating the DNC dweebs and Hippo Hillary to rip the presidency right out from under them. And he has been spanking them ever since.

Let Mick Jagger the bone-sucking wanker try that.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Ted Nugent music would be better for Trump anyway. Since nugent never played more than 3 chords anyway, it would be easier for Trump supporters to understand.

I consider Ted Nugent a non-talent, his music is literally TERRIBLE. I do not base music, art or films on POLITICS on what political persuasion the musicians, artists and actors and film makers are IF I did then 90% of EVERYTHING I like musically, artistically and cinematic I would have to trash. I can easily separate politics from ALL art forms and I wish more peoples would do this also.

I do have a problem for eg. with Robert De Niro screaming his head off about Conservatives BUT that does NOT mean I still do not LOVE for eg. "Goodfellas" and "Raging Bull"

That artists are idiots does not make art they produce non-viable.

Don't make me laugh. Trump established his entire business career and fortune on creative solutions to things no one else could do, from cracking into the Manhattan highrise market his own father couldn't touch, to solving ice rink construction problems the entire city couldn't do, to building a highly successful TV brand he gave up to enter politics, to beating out the entire GOP and beating the DNC dweebs and Hippo Hillary to rip the presidency right out from under them. And he has been spanking them ever since.

Your fantasy is truly funny, Dumb Donald was given Millions of Dollars from his Daddy, and filed (how many) bankruptcies, and never worked a day in his life. Donald's been married three times, divorced twice and I have no doubt his current wife and their son will leave Trump on Nov 4th and move to Europe, if the European Union will allow Americans to once again enter the continent.

Get this, The ROLLING STONES are trying to sue Trump (at least threatening to at this point) to stop him from using their 51 year old song, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" song at his rallies! Sorry, Mick, but if I'm not mistaken, that song is in the public domain now, and it is tough cookies for you.

I hope Trump starts playing it MORE. Trump has more money that Mick and I hope he runs the Stones into the ground with legal costs.

But no matter, he might be better served to play songs by Ted Nugent, I'm sure Ted won't mind one bit and Nugent's music is better anyway.

It's a weird choice for The Trump Campaign to use anyhow, both in 2016 and 2020 considering the song is basically all about drugs and the drugged up in London in the 1960s.

Rush Limbaugh had a similar situation with the Pretenders "My City Was Gone". Rush made it his theme song and (((leftists)))) at her publishing company objected and ordered him to desist. Chrissie Hynde stepped in and negotiated an annual fee for him to continue using it.

Get this, The ROLLING STONES are trying to sue Trump (at least threatening to at this point) to stop him from using their 51 year old song, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" song at his rallies! Sorry, Mick, but if I'm not mistaken, that song is in the public domain now, and it is tough cookies for you.

I hope Trump starts playing it MORE. Trump has more money that Mick and I hope he runs the Stones into the ground with legal costs.

But no matter, he might be better served to play songs by Ted Nugent, I'm sure Ted won't mind one bit and Nugent's music is better anyway.

Your fantasy is truly funny, Dumb Donald was given Millions of Dollars from his Daddy, and filed (how many) bankruptcies, and never worked a day in his life. Donald's been married three times, divorced twice and I have no doubt his current wife and their son will leave Trump on Nov 4th and move to Europe, if the European Union will allow Americans to once again enter the continent.
You're funny. You must've been a court jester in your past life. :laugh2:

Go make a peanut butter and smashed fly sandwich and shut up.

What he typed about Trump is the truth. Whether he is liked or not. Your egos are so big you still do not realize you got him elected.

Don't you idiots every check ANYTHING before posting something that is patently false, and which you could have known was false, if you just fact checked your own posts.

The song was published in 1968 and is covered by its original copyright until 2023 - 55 years. Mick Jagger, being a graduate of the London School of Economics and one of the most astute businessmen in all of show business, is unlikely to let any of his publishing rights expire since they're the source of millions of dollars in royalty payments, especially for a piece as popular and widely used as Can't Always Get What You Want. That means this work won't pass into the public domain until 2063.

Trump can feel free to use it in his 2064 campaign.

While I think it's lame the Stones are requesting Trump to stop using their song, it's not in public domain yet and they have every right to demand he stop.

Also, Ted's first two albums are really good...but there's no way his music is as good as the Stones's.

Don't you idiots every check ANYTHING before posting something that is patently false, and which you could have known was false, if you just fact checked your own posts.
Never stopped you in 23,000 posts so far!

I fact check my posts all of the time. It's why you fools have so little success in refuting what I post, and resort to lies and insults.

Notice how you snipped out the link where I proved your OP was bullshit, and that you never checked to find out when copyright expires. This one:

As a general rule, most works enter the public domain because of old age. As of 2019, this includes any work published in the United States before 1924 or works published before 1964 for which copyrights were not renewed. (Renewal was a requirement for works published before 1978.)

Any other idiot ideas you'd like me to shoot down for you, a$$hat?

You're funny. You must've been a court jester in your past life. :laugh2:

Go make a peanut butter and smashed fly sandwich and shut up.

Ive always suspected that the mental illness of liberalism is in large part caused by either absent fathers, for men, and abusive fathers for the women. Its a result of the breakdown in the family. So note that when they mention fathers its always "daddy" or sometimes "daaaddddyyyy" for some reason.

Neil Young
R.E.M.
Aerosmith
Adele
Elton John
Queen
Earth, Wind & Fire
The O'Jays
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Twisted Sister
Pharrell Williams
Rihanna
Guns N' Roses
Nickelback
Prince
Tom Petty
Panic! at the Disco
Rolling Stones

:lol:

I wouldn't count on Trump being able to grind the Stones into the ground. Mick Jagger is tighter than bark to a tree, and is said to have the first dollar he ever made.

Trump has never used anything but bullying, intimmidation, and law suits to dodge his business obligations, and grind those who refuse to bend to his will, into dust. Trump always pulls these tactics on little people he knows can't afford a long drawn out fight.

Mick will have a court issued "Cease and Desist Order" by noon tommorow, should be decide to ask for one. Not only can Mick go after the Trump Campaign for using the song, he can also go after the owners of any venue which plays the music without authorization.

I used to work for a lawyer who did due dilligence on television production companies for their "lawsuit insurance". First question: What music are you using? Do you have Broadcast Releases from the performers? Which ones are you missing? We spent all day Friday, clearing shows to be broadcast on the weekend: generally awards shows, musical variety shows, and interview shows.

Sometimes, we would issue a limited clearance, but clearance was never issued without Releases for all of the music being used. If the Release could not be obtained, a back up piece would be used - one they had a Release for. The venue can also be sued for violating a Cease and Desist Order, which gives them a vested interest in ensuring the campaign has rights to use the music.

Artists have every right to determine who uses their music and how it's used. Bruce Springsteen barred the Reagan Campaign from using Born in the USA, and suggested they might try reading the lyrics.

I'd like to hear the exact reason why The Rolling Stones want to prohibit the use of their song by Trump. It can't be because he is racist, after all the Stones had 'Brown Sugar' and other racist tunes. It also can't be because of Trump's supposed sexual escapades that would obviously be pretty hypocritical considering the Stones' history. Mabye Mick and the boys are getting a bit geriatric and are forgetting all about their past history of womanizing, drugging, swearing, using nasty innuendos in their lyrics.

I wouldn't count on Trump being able to grind the Stones into the ground. Mick Jagger is tighter than bark to a tree, and is said to have the first dollar he ever made.
D. Trump has never displayed anything even close to a scintilla of creativity compared to the Rolling Stones. They're just doing it for spite that's all.

Trump has never used anything but bullying, intimmidation, and law suits to dodge his business obligations, and grind those who refuse to bend to his will, into dust. Trump always pulls these tactics on little people he knows can't afford a long drawn out fight.

Mick will have a court issued "Cease and Desist Order" by noon tommorow, should be decide to ask for one. Not only can Mick go after the Trump Campaign for using the song, he can also go after the owners of any venue which plays the music without authorization.

I used to work for a lawyer who did due dilligence on television production companies for their "lawsuit insurance". First question: What music are you using? Do you have Broadcast Releases from the performers? Which ones are you missing? We spent all day Friday, clearing shows to be broadcast on the weekend: generally awards shows, musical variety shows, and interview shows.

Sometimes, we would issue a limited clearance, but clearance was never issued without Releases for all of the music being used. If the Release could not be obtained, a back up piece would be used - one they had a Release for. The venue can also be sued for violating a Cease and Desist Order, which gives them a vested interest in ensuring the campaign has rights to use the music.

Artists have every right to determine who uses their music and how it's used. Bruce Springsteen barred the Reagan Campaign from using Born in the USA, and suggested they might try reading the lyrics.
Seems in your case, your company wanted to make sure they were not using a tune without paying. I doubt many recording artists would balk at anyone wanting to use their music. A production company has to get their 'ducks in a row' before going into actual publication that's all. If it were me, and I do have published and copyrighted material, what good would it do me to try to block royalties? Not only do I get paid but I also would be getting exposure. Rich elites like the Stones and Springsteen don't care about any of that because they are already household names and are rich.

Forum List

Back