Zone1 Is Atheism Depressing?

Which makes sense, given that you believe in the magical forever festival. I can see that. It would probably be pretty awful to have your favorite toy taken away from you.
What you atheists will never understand is that belief in a higher power is a functional advantage and that's why every civilization since the beginning of man has believed it in overwhelming numbers. So, no. It's not about death. It's about life.

What you atheists will never understand is that belief in a higher power is a functional advantage
Maybe for you. I don't have to lie to myself about living forever to keep from falling apart.

Again, good for you. Knock yourself out.

Maybe for you. I don't have to lie to myself about living forever to keep from falling apart.

Again, good for you. Knock yourself out.
The Darwinian principle of natural selection says otherwise. If belief in a higher power did not offer functional advantages then according to natural selection, it would have died out long ago rather than exist in overwhelming numbers in every society since the beginning of man.

The Darwinian principle of natural selection says otherwise.
Even if true (it isn't), I don't care. The human race has grown beyond beyond bound by doing what is best for survival in a tech less, subsistence existence.

I don't need to tell myself these lies and half truths to justify holding childish, magical beliefs.

No, your posts are extremely disrespectful and mocking.
No really. Nobody wants to hear you whine.

Now tell me how I am depressed and have no real morals again. Make sure to sniff your own farts with glee and complain about others' farts while you do.

Even if true (it isn't), I don't care. The human race has grown beyond beyond bound by doing what is best for survival in a tech less, subsistence existence.

I don't need to tell myself these lies and half truths to justify holding childish, magical beliefs.
Not only is it true but the reasons for why it is true have not changed so neither has the benefit. Which means it still offers the exact same functional advantage. Faith in God will be here long after you are gone. We're hardwired for it.

Not only is it true but the reasons for why it is true have not changed so neither has the benefit. Which means it still offers the exact same functional advantage. Faith in God will be here long after you are gone. We're hardwired for it.
Yes, I know you like to say it's true. It's your "Alamo". And trust me, it's not a good one, nor is it a compelling reason to pretend to believe laughable horseshit from the bronze age.

No really. Nobody wants to hear you whine.
I love that you can't be honest with what you are doing. It's literally proves you know those behaviors are wrong. Otherwise, you would have no issue with owning them. And lastly, your post proved you believe in a universal common decency so much that when you violate it you have to rationalize that you didn't violate it.

Yes, I know you like to say it's true. It's your "Alamo". And trust me, it's not a good one, nor is it a compelling reason to pretend to believe laughable horseshit from the bronze age.
You are proving my point that atheists will never understand that belief in a higher power is a functional advantage and that's why every civilization since the beginning of man has believed it in overwhelming numbers.

I love that you can't be honest with what you are doing. It's literally proves you know those behaviors are wrong. Otherwise, you would have no issue with owning them. And lastly, your post proved you believe in a universal common decency so much that when you violate it you have to rationalize that you didn't violate it.
Ding, nobody wants to hear you whine.

Now tell me how I am depressed and have no real morals again. Make sure to sniff your own farts with glee and complain about others' farts while you do.
Anyone who is filled with as much hate as you are that it causes them to mock others has no joy in their life.

You are proving my point that atheists will never understand that belief in a higher power is a functional advantage and that's why every civilization since the beginning of man has believed it in overwhelming numbers.
Yes, to faithers like you, all new information affirms their beliefs.

It's a luxury that normal, rational peole do not enjoy.

Forum List

Back