Debate heats up over proposal to ban gender-based abortions

There is no real difference between a woman who seeks an abortion because she doesn't want a child, and a woman who seeks an abortion because she doesn't want a male child.

Why do you hate women so much?

This is silly, why do cons want to attack a woman's constitutional right, which has been upheld for the last 40 years.I guess I don't understand why the cons think "rights" are a buffet that they can just choose from. You can't claim to not be anti women with arguments like this.

Female fetacide is considered a "crime against humanity".

And what on earth could be more "anti woman" than aborting a baby because it's a female?

Think about it.

Last edited:
Eugenics and abortion have always been inter-related........

Dont expect that to have an ounce of impact on the morally bankrupt

Progressives are enthralled with eugenics and a superior society, the idea of weeding out who or what they think is sub human has been on their agenda since WWII, when Hitler made it unpopular.

This is silly, why do cons want to attack a woman's constitutional right, which has been upheld for the last 40 years.I guess I don't understand why the cons think "rights" are a buffet that they can just choose from. You can't claim to not be anti women with arguments like this.

Female fetacide is considered a "crime against humanity".

And what on earth could be more "anti woman" than aborting a baby because it's a female?

Think about it.
They could abort it for having ten fingers and ten toes for all I care before 16 weeks.

But then I'm against killing a person... Not killing life. http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/242609-obama-the-abortion-extremist.html#post5878349

In the USA, gender selection favors _more_ girls. Birth percentages for girls are up slightly since abortion was legalized. Only by a tiny bit, but it certainly shows there's been no movement to abort female fetuses. Prospective adoptive parents more often request girls. And when sex-selection-by-conception is attempted (sperm sorting), it's usually for a girl.

Now, someone might claim those dirty girl-killing foreign immigrants are different, but those dirty foreigners have always been here in some form.

Basically, men have a slight preference for sons, while women have a heavy preference for daughters. More independence for women means more daughters.

Well, I take back what I said earlier. In a major error, I failed to factor in the feminist bias in abortion which would also result in more dead boys. Afros, on the other hand, have long been claimed by pro-life groups to be aborted at higher numbers. I know Zimmerman aborted one of those shits... and it was a good thing.

The debate over a bill that would ban sex-selective abortions became red-hot Thursday in the run-up to an expected floor vote, as Republicans used the vote to try to shame Democrats who might oppose it.
The proposal would make it a federal crime to carry out an abortion based on the gender of the fetus. The measure takes aim at the aborting of female fetuses, a practice more common to countries such India and China, where there is a strong preference for sons, but which is also thought to take place in the U.S.
The White House and Democratic lawmakers oppose the bill out of concern that it could end up subjecting doctors to strict punishment, suggesting the law would be difficult to follow.
"The administration opposes gender discrimination in all forms, but the end result of this legislation would be to subject doctors to criminal prosecution if they fail to determine the motivations behind a very personal and private decision," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Thursday.

Read more: Debate heats up over proposal to ban gender-based abortions | Fox News

yes as a bunch of tards stated at the convention " We are for liberty and freedom, except when it comes to abortion"

fuck off...

The debate over a bill that would ban sex-selective abortions became red-hot Thursday in the run-up to an expected floor vote, as Republicans used the vote to try to shame Democrats who might oppose it.
The proposal would make it a federal crime to carry out an abortion based on the gender of the fetus. The measure takes aim at the aborting of female fetuses, a practice more common to countries such India and China, where there is a strong preference for sons, but which is also thought to take place in the U.S.
The White House and Democratic lawmakers oppose the bill out of concern that it could end up subjecting doctors to strict punishment, suggesting the law would be difficult to follow.
"The administration opposes gender discrimination in all forms, but the end result of this legislation would be to subject doctors to criminal prosecution if they fail to determine the motivations behind a very personal and private decision," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Thursday.

Read more: Debate heats up over proposal to ban gender-based abortions | Fox News

I absolutely hate the idea of gender abortions, but how does anyone make the call on what they think may or may not be one?

Why is an abortion due to gender preference worse than an abortion out of convenience? The law is asinine. Abortion is no less abhorrent when the circumstances are different. Why someone has an abortion is entirely irrelevant.

Of course you can.

No, you cannot. There is no way for you to know if a woman is having an abortion because the fetus is the 'wrong' sex.

Once such a law was passed, the workaround would simply be to have an ultrasound to determine the sex of the fetus,

choose to have the abortion, and then sign an affidavit declaring that the choice to abort was not being made based on the gender of the fetus.

That would shield both doctor and patient.

No one proposed treating every woman like a criminal, you dishonest dope. And you CAN investigate the motive behind an abortion, idiot. Now, do you or do you not support gender-specific abortion?

You don't investigate the motive for an abortion as it is - why should that change?

Not only that, the motive a woman has for an abortion is none of your fucking business, so mind it.

It damn well is my business.

Answer the question: Do you or do you not support gender-specific abortion?

It is NOT your fucking business because it isn't your fucking body, so fuck off out of our lives and let us women make our OWN decisions.

I support abortion, I don't give a shit what reason the woman has for wanting one, and neither should you.

Of course you can.

No, you cannot. There is no way for you to know if a woman is having an abortion because the fetus is the 'wrong' sex.

Once such a law was passed, the workaround would simply be to have an ultrasound to determine the sex of the fetus,

choose to have the abortion, and then sign an affidavit declaring that the choice to abort was not being made based on the gender of the fetus.

That would shield both doctor and patient.

The conservatives would probably still insist on going through her private life, trying to dig up any dirt to suggest that she might have had a 'gender' abortion.

Eugenics and abortion have always been inter-related........

Dont expect that to have an ounce of impact on the morally bankrupt

Progressives are enthralled with eugenics and a superior society, the idea of weeding out who or what they think is sub human has been on their agenda since WWII, when Hitler made it unpopular.

And the conservative obsession with minimizing social safety programs, aid to the poor, etc., what impact does that have, or is it intended to have,

on the reproduction rates of those conservatives consider inferior?

It is NOT your fucking business because it isn't your fucking body, so fuck off out of our lives and let us women make our OWN decisions.

If it's no one's business but the woman killing her baby, then why do you Liberals demand that we pay for the abortions?

I support abortion, I don't give a shit what reason the woman has for wanting one, and neither should you.

Maybe it's not our business, but I can sure hope she's killing the child so it's not raised to be a liberal piece of shit.

Forum List

Back