Decorated Combat Veteran Arrested in New York . . .

What the hell happened to the 4th Amendment? Police have no authority to pull you over and search your vehicle with no probable cause. That is the problem here, we are allowing politicians to act like damn Nazis and not doing anything about it.

There's always more when you check under the hood.

Haddad was sitting in an empty parking lot at a closed business and a cop asked him what he was doing. Haddad told the cop he was selling the clips. (Which were, btw, apparently military property). The law has been no bigger than 10-rounds since 1994.

What the hell happened to the 4th Amendment? Police have no authority to pull you over and search your vehicle with no probable cause. That is the problem here, we are allowing politicians to act like damn Nazis and not doing anything about it.

Haddad was sitting in an empty parking lot at a closed business and a cop asked him what he was doing. Haddad told the cop he was selling the clips. (Which were, btw, apparently military property). The law has been no bigger than 10-rounds since 1994.

Do you think the right-wingers will learn from this or will they go right back to those rag sites that will say anything they want to hear and make a fool out of themselves again?

The man's own brother says Haddad never claimed to be innocent. I don't think he knew he was breaking the law selling the magazines. I didn't know he was recently discharged when I said the law was on the books long enough for him to know. He ought to know when a magazine is military issue.

The veteran had a medical discharge and the way he was behaving, maybe he suffered a brain injury. I don't wish him harm for selling magazines, but there are good reasons why the magazine size is limited by the state. Just selling high capacity magazines to a stranger isn't a smart thing to do. It's dumb like selling a gun at a yard sale.

By Rob Richardson
2/1/2013

nathanhaddad.jpg

"In the latest attack on the American people, a decorated War Hero has been arrested and charged with five counts of third degree criminal possession of a weapon, for having empty 30 round AR-15 Magazines in his vehicle."

On Sunday January 6th Staff Sgt. Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, was driving through Jefferson County New York when he was randomly pulled over for a vehicle check. Haddad, who had five 30 round empty magazines in his possession, was arrested by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department and charged with five felony counts.

According to Haddad’s brother, Michael Haddad, Nathan thought these magazines were legally made before the New York Assault Weapons Ban. When Nathan Haddad was arrested the new ban had not even been fully enacted yet.

***snip***

Continue reading: -->
Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New York: Charged with 5 felonies for possession AR magazines

The fact that he may be a decorated veteran and helps disabled vets is irrelevant. That merely sensationalizes this man's plight. Indeed, I am have awards for valor and sit on an advisory board for a VA hospital helping vets and do so otherwise. It impresses the chicks, but, gives me no special privileges regarding the law.

Now to the issue....there are not enough facts provided to make any qualified assessment in the OP. I have read the article.

Yep, this sheds a whole new light on the situation, it was not a random stop as indicated in the op.

US Supreme Court Restricts Police Searches of Cars
US Supreme Court lays down rule forbidding warrantless car searches except in cases of officer safety or evidence protection.

John Paul StevensThe US Supreme Court on Tuesday narrowed the permissible scope of warrantless automobile searches. In a 5-4 decision the high court upheld a 2007 Arizona Supreme Court ruling that cited the 1969 California v. Chimel US Supreme Court case to conclude that police had to obtain a warrant before searching a car in the absence of any threat to officer safety or ability of the suspect to destroy evidence (view Arizona opinion). The Arizona ruling went against nationwide trend diminishing the protections against unwarranted searches.

Congratulations for being another right-winger saying some of the most stupid bullshit on the internet today that has been totally debuked. Keep up the good work showing the world how stupid you right-wingers are!

Since 1994, magazines over 10 rounds have been illegal. This month, Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation that makes any ammunition feeding device over 7 rounds illicit in New York. (Click here to read New York's Radical Gun-Control Law.)

Mr. Haddad, who was medically discharged in 2010 after 12 years of service, was arrested when he was stopped by police on Jan. 6 in LeRay, Ny. Through his brother Michael, Mr. Haddad declined to comment on the cause until after his Feb. 20 conference date to meet with the prosecutor and the judge.

“He’s not proclaiming innocence,” Michael Haddad told me in a phone interview. “He thought he had something that was legal and it turned out that they weren’t.” Michael said that his brother told him that, “‘I was arrested. I was charged with a crime. It is what it is.’”

According to Jefferson County Sheriff’s office sources, Mr. Haddad was in the parking lot of a closed business at 7:30 p.m. when an officer asked him what he was doing. The police allege that the Fort Drum civilian employee said that he was meeting someone to sell the AR-15 style rifle magazines. A police source also said that the magazines were stamped with the words “Restricted. For military use only.”

Source: MILLER: N.Y. vet arrested for 30-round magazines (Part 1) - Washington Times

Wrong answer my little commie puke, if you noticed I only argued an improper stop and search, never said a damn word about the magazines or the NY gun laws. Since we now know there was no random stop as indicated in the op, my points are moot and I am very willing to admit it. Too bad you lack that kind of integrity.

US Supreme Court lays down rule forbidding warrantless car searches except in cases of officer safety or evidence protection.

John Paul StevensThe US Supreme Court on Tuesday narrowed the permissible scope of warrantless automobile searches. In a 5-4 decision the high court upheld a 2007 Arizona Supreme Court ruling that cited the 1969 California v. Chimel US Supreme Court case to conclude that police had to obtain a warrant before searching a car in the absence of any threat to officer safety or ability of the suspect to destroy evidence (view Arizona opinion). The Arizona ruling went against nationwide trend diminishing the protections against unwarranted searches.

Congratulations for being another right-winger saying some of the most stupid bullshit on the internet today that has been totally debuked. Keep up the good work showing the world how stupid you right-wingers are!

Since 1994, magazines over 10 rounds have been illegal. This month, Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation that makes any ammunition feeding device over 7 rounds illicit in New York. (Click here to read New York's Radical Gun-Control Law.)

Mr. Haddad, who was medically discharged in 2010 after 12 years of service, was arrested when he was stopped by police on Jan. 6 in LeRay, Ny. Through his brother Michael, Mr. Haddad declined to comment on the cause until after his Feb. 20 conference date to meet with the prosecutor and the judge.

“He’s not proclaiming innocence,” Michael Haddad told me in a phone interview. “He thought he had something that was legal and it turned out that they weren’t.” Michael said that his brother told him that, “‘I was arrested. I was charged with a crime. It is what it is.’”

According to Jefferson County Sheriff’s office sources, Mr. Haddad was in the parking lot of a closed business at 7:30 p.m. when an officer asked him what he was doing. The police allege that the Fort Drum civilian employee said that he was meeting someone to sell the AR-15 style rifle magazines. A police source also said that the magazines were stamped with the words “Restricted. For military use only.”

Source: MILLER: N.Y. vet arrested for 30-round magazines (Part 1) - Washington Times

Wrong answer my little commie puke, if you noticed I only argued an improper stop and search, never said a damn word about the magazines or the NY gun laws. Since we now know there was no random stop as indicated in the op, my points are moot and I am very willing to admit it. Too bad you lack that kind of integrity.

My point are moot, but I'm the one who posted the facts, fool! What have you posted? Rants about a search that never happened.

Do you think the right-wingers will learn from this or will they go right back to those rag sites that will say anything they want to hear and make a fool out of themselves again?

The man's own brother says Haddad never claimed to be innocent. I don't think he knew he was breaking the law selling the magazines. I didn't know he was recently discharged when I said the law was on the books long enough for him to know. He ought to know when a magazine is military issue.

The veteran had a medical discharge and the way he was behaving, maybe he suffered a brain injury. I don't wish him harm for selling magazines, but there are good reasons why the magazine size is limited by the state. Just selling high capacity magazines to a stranger isn't a smart thing to do. It's dumb like selling a gun at a yard sale.

You want "dumb"? From your link:
"For the possession of the magazines, Mr. Haddad was arrested, booked in county jail and charged with five counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, according to the arrest report. Mr. Haddad did not have his AR-15 rifle in the car,"

Does it get any dumber than not being able to tell the diference between a weapon and an empty magazine? If NY were half smart they would cut this guy loose as quickly and quietly as possible to avoid looking even more like Keystone Nazis then they already do.

And you might want to remember that he has not been found guilty of anything. And he has not even been charged with anything considered a crime in the vast majority of America. Now I wonder if it's still legal to burn witches up that way.

Last edited:

My point are moot, but I'm the one who posted the facts, fool! What have you posted? Rants about a search that never happened.

Poor, poor baby boy, I posted court citations supporting my points, I think those would count a facts and yes a search did occur, it was however not conducted under the circumstances indicated it the OP. Don't ya think it's time to quit making a fool of yourself?

Poor, poor baby boy, I posted court citations supporting my points, I think those would count a facts and yes a search did occur, it was however not conducted under the circumstances indicated it the OP. Don't ya think it's time to quit making a fool of yourself?

Your points have nothing to do with this case or this thread, fool! You were pwned for being stupid again. I've told your dumbasses long ago this thread was bullshit and misrepresenting the facts. I said the OP is a lie and this case has nothing to do with new changes in NY law that aren't even in effect. You wingnuts were the idiots making all kinds of claims about a case you didn't know anything about. That's typical behavior for you fools.

Your points have nothing to do with this case or this thread, fool! You were pwned for being stupid again. I've told your dumbasses long ago this thread was bullshit and misrepresenting the facts. I said the OP is a lie and this case has nothing to do with new changes in NY law that aren't even in effect. You wingnuts were the idiots making all kinds of claims about a case you didn't know anything about. That's typical behavior for you fools.

Really, like I pay attention to your post and who the hell are you to think you can tell me anything? With all this personal attention I'm starting to think you got a man crush on me, so let me tell you now, I don't go that way. Since I only spoke to the search and others that addressed that subject you can take your accusations of all kinds of claims and shove them up you commie ass, I only spoke to one subject in the OP. You're the fool here.

By Rob Richardson
2/1/2013

nathanhaddad.jpg

"In the latest attack on the American people, a decorated War Hero has been arrested and charged with five counts of third degree criminal possession of a weapon, for having empty 30 round AR-15 Magazines in his vehicle."

On Sunday January 6th Staff Sgt. Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, was driving through Jefferson County New York when he was randomly pulled over for a vehicle check. Haddad, who had five 30 round empty magazines in his possession, was arrested by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department and charged with five felony counts.

According to Haddad’s brother, Michael Haddad, Nathan thought these magazines were legally made before the New York Assault Weapons Ban. When Nathan Haddad was arrested the new ban had not even been fully enacted yet.

***snip***

Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New York: Charged with 5 felonies for possession AR magazines

garysays:

February 1, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Any of the police officers on here know that the law in NY has been 10 rounds maximum. 30 round magazine….or high capacity magazines as the law reads, have been illegal in NY since the Clinton era. The law does exempt police officers from carrying 30 rounds only while performing their official duties. Off duty i cannot carry more than a 10 round magazine for mine. The new regulations that many are referring to, have to do with NY banning 10 round magazines starting March 01, 2013…the max one can have is 7 round magazines, with NO exemptions for police officers….the exemption will change before law goes into effect…..as a police officer, we cannot be biased in who is doing something illegal, otherwise our integrity comes into question. The police astced appropriately and will not be sued.

Source: Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New York: Charged with 5 felonies for possession AR magazines

I understand that a similar law exists in Washington D.C. and when a certain TV announcer produced a 30 round M-16 magazine on TV he was NOT arrested for the illegal possesion of said magazine. Hmm...., I guess it depends on your ideological bent.

You want "dumb"? From your link:
"For the possession of the magazines, Mr. Haddad was arrested, booked in county jail and charged with five counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, according to the arrest report. Mr. Haddad did not have his AR-15 rifle in the car,"

Does it get any dumber than not being able to tell the diference between a weapon and an empty magazine? If NY were half smart they would cut this guy loose as quickly and quietly as possible to avoid looking even more like Keystone Nazis then they already do.

And you might want to remember that he has not been found guilty of anything. And he has not even been charged with anything considered a crime in the vast majority of America. Now I wonder if it's still legal to burn witches up that way.

The veteran clearly broke the law that's been on the books for nearly 20 years.

I've pointed out that gun control legislation doesn't limit itself to firearms. Accessories to firearms are also part of the law. It's my understanding you can travel through some of those states with weapons that are illegal for their residents to own, but you can't possess unlawful magazines. The laws vary from state to state and the states are so small that it becomes a chore trying to pass through them with any firearm or accessory. Your best bet is just to fly over the states. I don't get up to NY much, but I'm not taking anything related to a weapon through NJ to get there. I'm old and smart enough to not make a hastle for myself. In some areas of states, just having an out of state tag is enough to draw attention from the police. I don't want contact with cops or to have to explain myself to out of state cops.

I don't see NY interested in convicting this veteran of 5 felonies. Perhaps the lies about this case were started to assist his defense fund. He has no business trying to sell military issued high capacity magazines to some guy in New York, but it isn't like the veteran is Dillinger or some major criminal. My guess is he arranged the sale on Ebay. One thing for sure, the magazines weren't purchased by him prior to 1994, so his statements about not knowing it was unlawful is very doubtful. Selling military property is obviously an unlawful act.

The odd thing is, he told the cop exactly what he was doing. He could have just said he was waiting to meet someone and nothing would have come of it. That's why I suspect the veteran may be having some kind of problems due to a brain injury or something has scattered his noodle. He was recently medically discharged.

By Rob Richardson
2/1/2013

nathanhaddad.jpg

***snip***

garysays:

February 1, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Any of the police officers on here know that the law in NY has been 10 rounds maximum. 30 round magazine….or high capacity magazines as the law reads, have been illegal in NY since the Clinton era. The law does exempt police officers from carrying 30 rounds only while performing their official duties. Off duty i cannot carry more than a 10 round magazine for mine. The new regulations that many are referring to, have to do with NY banning 10 round magazines starting March 01, 2013…the max one can have is 7 round magazines, with NO exemptions for police officers….the exemption will change before law goes into effect…..as a police officer, we cannot be biased in who is doing something illegal, otherwise our integrity comes into question. The police astced appropriately and will not be sued.

Source: Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New York: Charged with 5 felonies for possession AR magazines

I understand that a similar law exists in Washington D.C. and when a certain TV announcer produced a 30 round M-16 magazine on TV he was NOT arrested for the illegal possesion of said magazine. Hmm...., I guess it depends on your ideological bent.

The two cases have obvious differences in that the cops have possession of the magazines in one case and only a video of what could be a prop in the other. If DC wanted to prosecute, it wouldn't be a big deal. A video doesn't actually present evidence of a crime without the magazine in custody. The TV announcer doesn't have to admit to using a real magazine on the TV program. A lawyer could refuse to put the TV announcer on the stand and make the prosecution prove it wasn't a prop. That would be hard to prove, so they decided not to pursue the case. It's possible to still charge the person until the statutes of limitations expire the possible crime. They may get enough evidence in the near future to prosecute the case.

Really, like I pay attention to your post and who the hell are you to think you can tell me anything? With all this personal attention I'm starting to think you got a man crush on me, so let me tell you now, I don't go that way. Since I only spoke to the search and others that addressed that subject you can take your accusations of all kinds of claims and shove them up you commie ass, I only spoke to one subject in the OP. You're the fool here.

I've always found the people who bring up gay are trolling for cock. How many posts do you think there were before I called this thread a piece of right-wing, bullshit lie? I know your kind and how can I tell it's a lie? Because your lips move!

One thing for sure, the magazines weren't purchased by him prior to 1994, so his statements about not knowing it was unlawful is very doubtful.

And once again those are not facts. How do you know those magazines weren't purchased prior to '94? You don't. And if he were indeed charged with criminal possession of a weapon there is no mention of magazines and the state would have to prove he was in posession of an illegal weapon.

Selling military property is obviously an unlawful act.
You never heard of Army surplus? And how do you know that those weren't intended for a member of the military?

I've always found the people who bring up gay are trolling for cock. How many posts do you think there were before I called this thread a piece of right-wing, bullshit lie? I know your kind and how can I tell it's a lie? Because your lips move!

How many threads have you called a lie and your were WRONG, like I said I only concerned myself with one aspect of the OP and with the evidence as presented, I was not wrong. So take your little commie suckling ass and fuck off, I'm done wasting my time with you, because you have shown everyone on this board what kind of a dumb ignorant piece of shit your are. Ain't it a damn shame you can't neg me. :razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

How many threads have you called a lie and your were WRONG, like I said I only concerned myself with one aspect of the OP and with the evidence as presented, I was not wrong. So take your little commie suckling ass and fuck off, I'm done wasting my time with you, because you have shown everyone on this board what kind of a dumb ignorant piece of shit your are. Ain't it a damn shame you can't neg me. :razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

My focus in political discussion is to refute lies and the right-wing bathes in lies. Your opinion isn't worth a damn when it comes to the truth of the matter in your posts that I've seen. You're a typical right-wing puppet being played for a fool.

The two cases have obvious differences in that the cops have possession of the magazines in one case and only a video of what could be a prop in the other. If DC wanted to prosecute, it wouldn't be a big deal. A video doesn't actually present evidence of a crime without the magazine in custody. The TV announcer doesn't have to admit to using a real magazine on the TV program. A lawyer could refuse to put the TV announcer on the stand and make the prosecution prove it wasn't a prop. That would be hard to prove, so they decided not to pursue the case. It's possible to still charge the person until the statutes of limitations expire the possible crime. They may get enough evidence in the near future to prosecute the case.

So your claim is the laws are for thee but not for me... Only those who are Progressive Marxists are above the law.

So your claim is the laws are for thee but not for me... Only those who are Progressive Marxists are above the law.

The law applies to everyone, but how do you prove something isn't a prop that is seen on TV? You can't go by looks, because it could have been a prop that looks real. It's a waste of taxpayers money to prosecute a case and lose the case. If the cops don't have the magazine and only have what looks like a magazine on TV, how can you prove it is a real magazine. That TV station lawyered up and wasn't going to make a case against itself.

On the other hand, our veteran was asked why he was in a parking lot after the businesses have closed and he tells the cops he is there to meet someone and sell 5 illegal magazines. Not only are the magazines illegal for being high capacity after a certain date, but they are stamped for military use only. The only thing the veteran didn't do, is ask the cop for his handcuffs and arrest himself. The state has the magazines and evidence in this case.

Your apples to oranges comparisons just show how much you lack judgment. These are two very different cases. It's my opinion that the TV announcer is probably guilty of a crime, but I can understand how it's hard for the prosecution to prove their case that a crime was committed. The law can't force you to be a witness against yourself.

Forum List

Back