Deep Red Governor BANS counties and cities from helping workers with higher wages

Oh what a talent magnet for Alabama.

Republicans, oh how they love to use the overpowering power of government to screw poor people, because, you know, of all the people able to fight back the poor are the weakest. Republicans attack the weak.

They are anti-Christ.

Oh what a talent magnet for Alabama.

Republicans, oh how they love to use the overpowering power of government to screw poor people, because, you know, of all the people able to fight back the poor are the weakest. Republicans attack the weak.

They are anti-Christ.
Hopefully the NEW GOP that Donald Trump is bringing in will be more open to workers rights.

They bitch about people getting government assistance, but when people ask for a wage that will put them above the requirements for getting assistance, the Republicans bitch about that as well.

Give them a wage that is too high to qualify for assistance, and the people will no longer need welfare.

But, I guess that's too hard for these people to figure out.

Gov. Robert Bentley signs bill to block city minimum wages, voiding Birmingham ordinance
Wow...that is seriously fucked up but people of Alabama get what they voted for. Much easier to elect someone different in a state than it is for national office.

Remember....conservatives don't actually believe in local control. They don't actually believe in small government. They believe in central control. And a government that is intensely restrictive, coercive, controlling and invasive.

Just at the State level.

Gov. Robert Bentley signs bill to block city minimum wages, voiding Birmingham ordinance
Wow...that is seriously fucked up but people of Alabama get what they voted for. Much easier to elect someone different in a state than it is for national office.

Remember....conservatives don't actually believe in local control. They don't actually believe in small government. They believe in central control. And a government that is intensely restrictive, coercive, controlling and invasive.

Just at the State level.

This is the part that I find silly. I hear so often about reducing the power of federal government and returning power to the states....but here is a state preventing a city from enacting their own policies. Does the Alabama Senate believe that cost of living is the same everywhere in the state, or that Birmingham enacting its own minimum wage will hurt the state as a whole? :dunno:

State governments can have many of the same issues as the federal government. I just don't understand why state government seems to be looked at as so much less problematic than federal government. I get the feeling some of the representatives who voted for this, if you changed the dynamic from city/state to state/federal, would have a very different opinion on the matter.

Just at the State level.

This is the part that I find silly. I hear so often about reducing the power of federal government and returning power to the states....but here is a state preventing a city from enacting their own policies. Does the Alabama Senate believe that cost of living is the same everywhere in the state, or that Birmingham enacting its own minimum wage will hurt the state as a whole? :dunno:

State governments can have many of the same issues as the federal government. I just don't understand why state government seems to be looked at as so much less problematic than federal government. I get the feeling some of the representatives who voted for this, if you changed the dynamic from city/state to state/federal, would have a very different opinion on the matter.

Conservatives are usually authoritarian statists. Emphasis on 'State'. They don't respect local control, smaller government, or less intrusion into the individuals lives. They usually want the opposite in each case. And in general, if you can't shoot it......they prioritize the 10th amendment over the 9th in almost every regard. The power of the state over the rights of the individual.

Its one of the reasons I have so little respect for their philosophy. Its generally so much hypocritical horseshit.

Forum List

Back