CDZ Defensive gun uses.

This is the CDZ, so stop your name calling. Besides no proof will satify you.

Name calling?? You is what's you is.

Anyhow. As Clayton says; he nor I dispute that guns are used to defend life and property.

What is disputed is the frequency of use. And when the frequency number is used to drive gun sales and pro gun policy, I have an issue with that kind of misleading statistic. So should you.

Lack of responsible ideas by gun advocates to curb gun violence will do more than anything else to restrict guns eventually.

I have had guns for most of my life. Used one many years ago for a dubious DGU.

Over 4000DGU per day is the gun advocate claim. Do you believe that number?

Anyhow. As Clayton says; he nor I dispute that guns are used to defend life and property.

What is disputed is the frequency of use. And when the frequency number is used to drive gun sales and pro gun policy, I have an issue with that kind of misleading statistic. So should you.

Lack of responsible ideas by gun advocates to curb gun violence will do more than anything else to restrict guns eventually.

even if it's 4 times a day that's enough for me

Lack of responsible ideas = more gun restrictions from criminal democrats. Refusal to accept facts by criminal democrats. Reasonable gun laws = more people murdered by criminal democrats.

Thank you, but I was asking the "expert".

How many are there? Simple question. Why do you avoid it? What are you hiding?

You kinda strange dude. Your thread. You post 7 or 8 DGUs. I agree they happen. The number I see pro gunners use is 1.5 million per year. You believe that number?

If you do, end of story.
Do you personally have to use your gun for DGUs often?

Here's just a few that some of you say never happen. Enjoy.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

No one says citizens haven’t defended themselves with firearms, no one advocates that citizens be disallowed to defend themselves with firearms, and no one advocates that citizens be denied the right to carry firearms for lawful self-defense.

The thread premise is preaching to the choir.

By the rate you're posting here and repeated use of your favorite word "fallacy", I think I've touched a nerve. Thanks for the support.

I think I've touched a nerve

that much is obvious

Here's just a few that some of you say never happen. Enjoy.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

No one says citizens haven’t defended themselves with firearms, no one advocates that citizens be disallowed to defend themselves with firearms, and no one advocates that citizens be denied the right to carry firearms for lawful self-defense.

The thread premise is preaching to the choir.

brain and joe do as does wilbur......they all say this doesn't happen as do the anti-gun news organizations who ran stories that say the good guy with a gun is a myth......I have posted these stories, I have debated....as have the other 2nd Amendment advocates here.....

you are delusional.....

How many are there? Simple question. Why do you avoid it? What are you hiding?

You kinda strange dude. Your thread. You post 7 or 8 DGUs. I agree they happen. The number I see pro gunners use is 1.5 million per year. You believe that number?

If you do, end of story.
Do you personally have to use your gun for DGUs often?

You're trolling.

Seeing how the mainstream media continually ignores most of these DGU's and liberals on this forum have demanded to see evidence of it, I posted it. You can spin however you want. That's what the left does, all day long.

Let's do the math. You gun nutters claim at least 1.5 million DGUs per year. Or around 4000 per day.

And you posted how many? 7? And was that seven in one day?

Any way, you are way short in convincing me that 4000 DGUs happen each and every day.

Try again.

No...we do not claim that number......the Department of Justice Study under President bill clinton claims that number....and the research was confirmed by President barak obama's Center For Disease Control study of all available research on gun violence in 2013.........

And of course the other 40 years of research by both private research groups and government research groups.........quite a few of whom are anti gun in their beliefs......

This is actual research.....not just making up numbers......

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

even if it's 4 times a day that's enough for me

Well there ya go. 4 to 4000. It's all good.

So how many are there?
You know what?

I'm going to revise my prior statement

ONE defensive gun use a day is good enough for me to support CC permits.

I will go better...even if no one uses a gun for self defense...ever....it is still a Right.......that trumps all the anti-gun beliefs....

Forum List

Back