CDZ Defensive gun uses.

Here's just a few that some of you say never happen. Enjoy.

Gee, would you like a daily report on the number of people killed or wounded in the US, and a detailed cost to respond to such shootings by medical, LE and the Courts, and if it could possibly be measured the grief of those impacted by irresponsible and illegal use of guns.

No one disputes the fact that guns have a real purpose, but that purpose is a double edged sword. My biggest problem with you, and others like you and the NRA, is that they hold their privilege as greater than the live of others, and refuse to even consider common sense regulations on gun ownership and the responsibility inherent in the possession, custody and control of a gun.

So how many are there?

Didn't you post eight times.
Do you and skull believe the 4000 times per day number? Simple question.

The Department of Justice believes it.....it is their study on gun self defense that you keep quoting.

the CDC under obama believes it as well

Their number is included in that list....

yes

the CDC under obama also reported that in cases where the victim used a firearm as protection

the injury and death rate of the victim was lower then for those who chose a different method of self defense

or no self defense at all

Gee, would you like a daily report on the number of people killed or wounded in the US, and a detailed cost to respond to such shootings by medical, LE and the Courts, and if it could possibly be measured the grief of those impacted by irresponsible and illegal use of guns.

No one disputes the fact that guns have a real purpose, but that purpose is a double edged sword. My biggest problem with you, and others like you and the NRA, is that they hold their privilege as greater than the live of others, and refuse to even consider common sense regulations on gun ownership and the responsibility inherent in the possession, custody and control of a gun.

Gee, what does that have to do with self defense using a gun? No one mentioned the NRA but you. You saying we refuse to consider common sense...blah blah...is a lie. Bought and paid for. We have a TON of so called common sense gun laws and NOT ONE of them has stopped a criminal intent on killing. So stop your trolling. All your worn out rhetoric has been exposed for what it is - trash and lies.

California, the most communist state in the union, has a ban on detachable magazines that hold more than 5 rounds or maybe it's ten, whatever, in rifles that use magazines like AR-15's and AK's. The mags have to be welded in place on the rifles. That law did not stop or even hinder Farook the muslim murderer from murdering a whole lotta people a while back did it? So spin this one up real big!

California, the most communist state in the union, has a ban on detachable magazines that hold more than 5 rounds or maybe it's ten, whatever, in rifles that use magazines like AR-15's and AK's. The mags have to be welded in place on the rifles. That law did not stop or even hinder Farook the muslim murderer from murdering a whole lotta people a while back did it? So spin this one up real big!

the laws against making straw purchases didnt stop him either

Simply put, criminals do not obey laws. That's why they are called criminals.

brain and joe do as does wilbur......they all say this doesn't happen as do the anti-gun news organizations who ran stories that say the good guy with a gun is a myth......I have posted these stories, I have debated....as have the other 2nd Amendment advocates here.....

you are delusional.....

Interesting. Seems like I said DGUs happen. Just not in the numbers claimed.

brain and joe do as does wilbur......they all say this doesn't happen as do the anti-gun news organizations who ran stories that say the good guy with a gun is a myth......I have posted these stories, I have debated....as have the other 2nd Amendment advocates here.....

you are delusional.....

Interesting. Seems like I said DGUs happen. Just not in the numbers claimed.

Then you should tell that to all the researchers who claim it......both the government and private, trained researchers who have been looking at the issue for the last 40 years........

But of course....you know better...right?

Wrong....the lives saved by Americans owning guns are more than those taken....

357,000,000 guns in private hands....

1,500,000 times a year...and that is an average number from the studies, that Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack...

vs.

8,124 gun murders

586 accidental gun deaths.

Those numbers do not support you.

If you think that there were 4000 defensive gun uses in Ameruca yesterday, you are a retard.

How many Americans are there? How many guns are there? How many criminals are there? Hmmm...I think you are premature on the name calling....

common sense regulations on gun ownership and the responsibility inherent in the possession, custody and control of a gun

And now you resort to straight out lying......no one is against regulations on gun ownership.......you just keep offering regulations that only effect normal gun owners and do nothing to actually stop criminals or mass shooters...then stomp off in a huff when you show you why they don't do anything.....then you post this.....

you have yet to post any gun regulation that would effect mass shooters or criminals.....every single one that you have proposed would create felons out of normal gun owners if they fail to submit arbitrary paperwork on time, or make mistakes on filling out forms...all of which criminals already don't do..........

That is not common sense gun regulation....that is a joke.

If you think that there were 4000 defensive gun uses in Ameruca yesterday, you are a retard.

Me....I believe it....all of the research supports that number.....this is the Clean Debate Zone....respect it....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

2Aguy, he's the kind of person that, once he found out murders are still being committed, passes another law making murder double down illegal, seeing how the first law "didn't take". :)

2Aguy, he's the kind of person that, once he found out murders are still being committed, passes another law making murder double down illegal, seeing how the first law "didn't take". :)

See....and I actually support him on that......my idea is this.......we just need to make a new law that states....

" Murder in the United States is against the law....and we really, really, really, mean it this time."

I am not against common sense laws.....I believe this one is full of common sense......

Now they want background checks for every ammo purchase even though they already had to pass a background check for the gun that uses the ammo
California Passes Ammo Permit Fee - Truth And Action

Can you say money grab?

Forum List

Back