Democracy Lost...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
It is becoming clearly evident that Democracy in America has been lost to Interest Groups who fund Election Campaigns in America. Though the vast majority of Americans oppose more wars in the ME...American Politicians are dancing to the tune of Israeli pressure through AIPAC to attack Syria and hopefully expand the attack to Iran if she gets involved.

Sure. I understand the reasoning by Israel. Iran wants nukes. What I don't understand is since Israel has already bombed Syria and Iran has threatened to destroy her, then why does she not unilaterally attack? She has the military power to easily win.

Why must American lives be put up in harms way?

Wake up America.

Most in U.S. oppose Syria strike, Post-ABC poll finds
Most in U.S. oppose Syria strike, Post-ABC poll finds

By Scott Clement, Published: September 3 at 2:00 pmE-mail the writer

Comments

More

submit to reddit

Americans widely oppose launching missile strikes against the Syrian government for its alleged use of chemical weapons, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll that finds little appetite for military action across the country despite a growing drumbeat in Washington.

President Obama and Vice President Biden

Nearly six in 10 oppose missile strikes in light of the U.S. government’s determination that Syria used chemical weapons against its own people. Democrats and Republicans alike oppose strikes by double digit margins, and there is deep opposition among every political and demographic group in the survey. Political independents are among the most clearly opposed, with 66 percent saying they are against military action.

The next time an elected official gets up in front of a microphone and says "This is what the people want" someone should yell back "This is what you are going to do for the SIG that financed your campaign the most!!!"

Rule 1 -Special Interest Groups are first and foremost.

Rule 2 -People casting a vote for me refer to rule 1.

My two cents.

The next time an elected official gets up in front of a microphone and says "This is what the people want" someone should yell back "This is what you are going to do for the SIG that financed your campaign the most!!!"

My two cents.

Politicians should wear "NASCAR" jackets so the we will know who they will serve when elected.

UnitedStatesofNascar.jpg

Last edited:
It is becoming clearly evident that Democracy in America has been lost to Interest Groups who fund Election Campaigns in America. Though the vast majority of Americans oppose more wars in the ME...American Politicians are dancing to the tune of Israeli pressure through AIPAC to attack Syria and hopefully expand the attack to Iran if she gets involved.

Sure. I understand the reasoning by Israel. Iran wants nukes. What I don't understand is since Israel has already bombed Syria and Iran has threatened to destroy her, then why does she not unilaterally attack? She has the military power to easily win.

Wake up America.

If it's all about who donates the most money, then have some of your rich Arab friends donate more than the Jews. Once you've bought the politicians you can have them enact Sharia law and declare war on Israel. Simple as that.

Some dont even honor Democracy anymore,. The idea that we are "not a Democracy" is popular among some in rt-wing and Libertarian circles. They have that ridiculous saying that "we are a Republic, Not a Democracy" which I think is a dangerous line of thought.

Wake up America.

If it's all about who donates the most money, then have some of your rich Arab friends donate more than the Jews. Once you've bought the politicians you can have them enact Sharia law and declare war on Israel. Simple as that.

Attack the messenger and not the message. You are getting desperate for some logic. Please try to reply to my questions as an American not as a Zionist. Whose Interest does an attack solely by the USA without a UN sanction serve?

My two cents.

Politicians should wear "NASCAR" jackets so the we will know who they will serve when elected.

UnitedStatesofNascar.jpg

And they should make the signs sizes in proportion to the donations...

Wake up America.

Attack the messenger and not the message. You are getting desperate for some logic. Please try to reply to my questions as an American not as a Zionist. Whose Interest does an attack solely by the USA without a UN sanction serve?

You Arabs see an attack in everything. It's sound logic. You imply politicians bow to whomever donates the most money. So outspend the bastards.

My two cents.

UnitedStatesofNascar.jpg

Tinmore. How dare you put Obama in a Hendrick jacket!

Wake up America.

Even if it were true that Netanyahu is pressuring Obama (which it's not), Obama doesn't like Netanyahu, and wouldn't listen to him anyways. And your own article says that AIPAC has been silent about the whole issue.

You Arabs see an attack in everything. It's sound logic. You imply politicians bow to whomever donates the most money. So outspend the bastards.

So you support an Oligarchy, that is not why Americans have sacrificed their lives.

Let freedom Ring, and take back our country. Campaign Finance Reform!

It's a republic at the fed level with democratically elected representatives. Anyone here take civics in Jr. High?

You can thank the reconstruction repubs or Stalwart repubs for recognizing corporations as individuals and thus the flow of money to control legislation.

Wake up America.

It's not only about who's interest it would serve. Sometime it's about doing the right thing, for moral values.
Yes, it would serve Israel's interests, but it would also serve U.S interests, as they have many military bases in the ME

It's not only about who's interest it would serve. Sometime it's about doing the right thing, for moral values.
Yes, it would serve Israel's interests, but it would also serve U.S interests, as they have many military bases in the ME

The American Public is totally against our involvement...We have all these ME bases because we got attacked on 9/11 luring us into wars that have cost 10,000 American lives and Trillions of dollars...all because of our unconditional support of Western Imperialism on the area even though America imports less than 15% of our oil from the region...

Let Israel and Europe who have vital interests there do the fighting!

The American Public is totally against our involvement...We have all these ME bases because we got attacked on 9/11 luring us into wars that have cost 10,000 American lives and Trillions of dollars...all because of our unconditional support of Western Imperialism on the area even though America imports less than 15% of our oil from the region...

Let Israel and Europe who have vital interests there do the fighting!
Since it is Arabs killing Arabs in many places like Iraq and Syria, I suggest that the Arab League step in and put a stop to all the Arabs killing each other. It is time that they stepped up to the plate and stop letting others doing the job that they should be doing in the first place. Why should Israel and Europe have to do anything since they are not the ones killing the Arabs en masse?

My two cents.

UnitedStatesofNascar.jpg
Imagine how that would look on Muslim / Palestinian leaders, they'd have "Al Queda, Iran, N. Korea, Chavez, Assad, Gadaffi, Sadam, Russia, China..." on their jackets. LOL

tried to post an image of a founder with quotes that basically refutes that view, I think your teacher had it wrong. We are a Democracy.

tried to post an image of a founder with quotes that basically refutes that view, I think your teacher had it wrong. We are a Democracy.
<when asked by a passerby what sort of government the constitutional convention had formulated for the new nation, Benjamin Franklin memorably replied, “A republic, if you can keep it”>

Forum List

Back