Democrat mayor of Houston defending his decision not to plan an evacuation

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The Democrat mayor of Houston is defending his posts on Aug 24 telling people to think twice before leaving the city. He said there was no evacuation plan in place so it would lead to a worse calamity.

He is still defending his failure to evacuate people before the hurricane hit.

So, why the hell was there no plan in place? Mother Nature isn't predictable and they knew the hurricane was coming. It would be prudent to have a plan ready just in case. They didn't. He advised people prior to the storm not to listen to those who were claiming a disaster was coming. Just like the mayor of New Orleans before Katrina, he did nothing!!

Now, the left will find some way to blame Trump for people not being helped fast enough. Meanwhile, the mayor didn't do a fucking thing and even told people not to leave the city. Gee, do you think they are happy that they listened to that piece of shit?

Houston mayor defends decision not to issue evacuation order

Would you trust a black mayor after New Orleans? I would have bailed right away

I'd grant a pass on this one based on the timeline.

On Wednesday at 10:00 its maximum sustained winds were 35 mph, 535 miles out from land
Thursday 13:00 winds hit 85 and its classification changes to a hurricane, 325 miles out
Friday 00:00 winds hit 100 and upgrade to class 2, 220 miles out
Friday 14:00 winds hit 120, become class 3, 75 miles out
Friday 18:00 winds hit 130, become class 4, 45 mile out
Friday 22:00 hits land

If the call was made to evacuate, I don't see how it could be safely made on Friday.

The Democrat mayor of Houston is defending his posts on Aug 24 telling people to think twice before leaving the city. He said there was no evacuation plan in place so it would lead to a worse calamity.

So, why the hell was there no plan in place? Mother Nature isn't predictable and they knew the hurricane was coming. It would be prudent to have a plan ready just in case. They didn't. He advised people prior to the storm not to listen to those who were claiming a disaster was coming. Just like the mayor of New Orleans before Katrina, he did nothing!!

Now, the left will find some way to blame Trump for people not being helped fast enough. Meanwhile, the mayor didn't do a fucking thing and even told people not to leave the city. Gee, do you think they are happy that they listened to that piece of shit?

Yes the far left did the same ting in New Orleans. But he vowed to make it a chocolate city again, will they do the same in Houston?

They evacuated the city for a previous hurricane and people died in the exedous.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
So true, shame when it came to Trump's comments about the riot surrounding Lee's statue (fault on both sides) it was misunderstood...

The mayor let Harvey dupe him, and now he's trying to defend the indefensible. He should have called for an evacuation immediately (better safe than sorry), because low laying area's and hurricanes don't mix well at all. You would think that the lessons of Katrina would have been learned. Forming in the gulf like that, and not far from the coast was the thing that duped him, where as if it would have been born in the Atlantic, and it would have built up a bad reputation before it got into the gulf by crossing over the Florida peninsula, I think his actions would have been different. However, I was sitting here watching the storm, and I saw at one point how an evacuation should have been called when cat two status was met, and the target was aquirred.

Evacuating would have been worse. People stuck in flooded highways.

Yes the far left did the same ting in New Orleans. But he vowed to make it a chocolate city again, will they do the same in Houston?
. I remember that racist idiotic statement made by that idiotic mayor Nagan. Good grief.

Evacuating would have been worse. People stuck in flooded highways.
. Not if called early enough. He waited too late.

I don't know what city it was, but some of the firemen said planning & organization by the administrator(s) was shit. They couldn't even do common sense things right. What are the odds the city is run by Democrats?

Why are you guys implying everyone is so stupid they dont know how to get out of harms way without being told to do so?

This argument is stupid and counter intuitive to the ideas of a free people.

On Wednesday at 10:00 its maximum sustained winds were 35 mph, 535 miles out from land
Thursday 13:00 winds hit 85 and its classification changes to a hurricane, 325 miles out

If the call was made to evacuate, I don't see how it could be safely made on Friday.

It's the forecast the matters, not the hindsight timeline. It's just inexcusable that a retirement home that was severely flooded wasn't evacuated, or mostly evacuated.

The mayor let Harvey dupe him, and now he's trying to defend the indefensible. He should have called for an evacuation immediately (better safe than sorry), because low laying area's and hurricanes don't mix well at all. You would think that the lessons of Katrina would have been learned. Forming in the gulf like that, and not far from the coast was the thing that duped him, where as if it would have been born in the Atlantic, and it would have built up a bad reputation before it got into the gulf by crossing over the Florida peninsula, I think his actions would have been different. However, I was sitting here watching the storm, and I saw at one point how an evacuation should have been called when cat two status was met, and the target was aquirred.

The last time Houston was evacuated was for Rita. Between 90 and 118 people died from heat, heart attacks, wrecks and a long list of other causes in that evacuation before the hurricane even made landfall. I'm not sure how many have died from Harvey to now, but 2 days ago it was two. Evacuation is not always the best thing to do.

Some people had a mind to leave in the days before it hit. He advised people to think twice about leaving. He also told them not to listen to those who said the hurricane would be bad.

They should have planned an evacuation. Do you think the people trapped on rooftops or are in danger of drowning in their own homes are panicking now?

I've experienced evacuations in both Florida and Iowa. It was the smart thing to do. Why the hell does this mayor and his staff have a problem planning one? It can be coordinated well if you know what the hell you're doing. Sure, some will always panic but I bet hundreds panicked the minute they saw water pouring into their homes.

OP -- don't ever reproduce.

Another lib stops by with the usual lame-ass hit and run post. I hope your reproductive organs are as impotent as your brain because we don't need any more idiot liberals running around.

Forum List

Back