🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat or Republican

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
What party are you? if you are proud of it show us tell us what you are.

I'm a Democrat, how anyone can be a Tory in these times?

Trump is not a Republican, he does not support COTUS, the rules of law or represent the interests of all American citizens

Trump is not a Republican, he does not support COTUS, the rules of law or represent the interests of all American citizens
You just made him sound like a democrat

I am a member of the party that freed the slaves, and ever since then, has been consistently the party that fights discrimination based on race, whether it be segregation or affirmative action, it's wrong either way.

Neither. Independent, will vote for any party at the local and State level. Likely will vote democrat for the foreseeable future for the 4 federal offices for which I am allowed to vote.

It's time we started electing people and not political parties. Read your constitution. You'll not find one single word the founders put in it regarding anything about political parties or division of our government along party lines. The so called two party system is nothing but a myth and a big fat lie. Right along with all the congressional clap trap rules and such about minority and majority parties.

It's time we started electing people and not political parties. Read your constitution. You'll not find one single word the founders put in it regarding anything about political parties or division of our government along party lines. The so called two party system is nothing but a myth and a big fat lie. Right along with all the congressional clap trap rules and such about minority and majority parties.
Well said. And there is literally only one way to do that: publicly financed elections.

Either we want that, or we don't. If we don't, then we are fine with a two party system, forever.

What examples do you have which tend to prove Democrats do not support COTUS or the Rule of Law?

For every example you can offer, I can point to two just in the last two years.

Federal level....Democrat...

State Level....Democrat

Local....Independent.....at the local levels, a politician cant afford to be partisan hacks like they are at the federal level....policies matter most at this level and when those policies fail, they are noticed....and blaming Obama or Trump doesn't explain away that failure

What examples do you have which tend to prove Democrats do not support COTUS or the Rule of Law?

For every example you can offer, I can point to two just in the last two years.

The most fundamental function of government is protecting the American people from foreigners...it’s why we spend trillions on our military. The Party Of Filth has refused to protect Americans from Mexicans...in fact, over the last several years The Party Of Filth has worked harder for Mexicans than they have for Americans. They have thrown tens of millions of wetbacks in the laps of Americans and forced us to pay them to fuck our nation up.

I've been a registered Independent since 1978.

I don't vote for a party.

I vote for a person. The person who has views closest to my own.

I personally believe that's one of the problems with our nation.

People vote for a party and not the person which has resulted in America being very divided and in decline.

Well said. And there is literally only one way to do that: publicly financed elections.

Either we want that, or we don't. If we don't, then we are fine with a two party system, forever.
Well I think the real long term solution is to enact a constitutional amendent specifying single terms in office separated by at least an equal period between serving in any other position in government. That is they go out after serving a single term in any office and become a regular tax paying citizen again. It's high time we gave this idea of government of, by and for the people a real honest to goodness try. From what I can see this idea of career politicians isn't working out so well for anyone but the politicians. With the bullshit going on today, I don't see how anyone can really argue the point for the mess we currently have. Clearly we need some fundamental change.

One of the reasons I voted for Trump was that he was NOT a career politician and seemed to see it as a duty. So far it seems to be working out well and one hell of a lot better than the asshole career politician that proceeded him who never served anyone but himself.

The problem originates at the primary/nomination level. Most people are unfamiliar with the candidates and either don't vote or vote based on name recognition, which is largely influenced by party endorsements and media coverage. As a result, who gets on the general election ballot is a carefully controlled process run by a small group of people.

California takes this one step further by only allowing the top two primary vote getters to be on the ballot. This means that voters' choices are already restricted before they become familiar with the candidates' positions. In many cases (e.g., U.S. Senate elections) both candidates are from the same party!

Forum List

Back